• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Awards 2003/2004

brianfrance

Established Member
This is the 2003/2004 awards :
Best First League Player : Didier Drogba (Marseille)
Best Youth : Patrice Evra (Monaco)
Best Goal : Grégory Coupet (Lyon)
Best Coach : Deschamps (Monaco)
Greatest Goal : Didier Droga against Montpellier
Honour Award : Laurent Blanc for his carreer

First League prefered team :
Coupet (Lyon) - Mendy (PSG), Squilacci (Monaco), Yepes (Nantes), Evra (Monaco) - Bernardi (Monaco), Juninho (Lyon), Giuly (Monaco), Pedretti (Sochaux) - Drogba (Marseille), Morientes (Monaco)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Drogba deserves the award. He's a player I'd like at Arsenal. I'm surprised that Jerome Rothen didn't make the team.

brianfrance

Established Member
Juninho was prefered at Rothen. I agree with you about that, because Rothen did his best season.
For the duo of defensive mildfield no doubt Pedretti-Bernardi is the best duo. For the right back Mendy is great as I said somes weeks ago in another topic. Evra is world class. Squilacci before to be injured did top class matches. IMO Yepes hasn't his place, Meïté was better. For the striker, no doubt too about this fantastic duo Drogba-Morientes (not Cissé héhéhéhé :lol: )

GlasgowGooner

Yeah ive been very impressed with Evra this season, isnt he on loan from Porto? If so they already have Paulo Ferreria who imo is a world class right back, maybe worth a bid in the summer?

skart14

brianfrance said:

Isn't coupet a keeper?? he scored the best goal?? :p

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree Evra is quality full-back. Clichy and Evra will battle it out for the left-back spot in the French side for years to come.

brianfrance

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I agree Evra is quality full-back. Clichy and Evra will battle it out for the left-back spot in the French side for years to come.
200% agree !

brianfrance

Established Member
skart14 said:
brianfrance said:

Isn't coupet a keeper?? he scored the best goal?? :p
Sorry this is a french type language, here we say Goal for Goalkeeper :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

gakc1

ive been very impressed with Evra this season, isnt he on loan from Porto

No, you're thinking of their right back Hugo Ibarra who's on loan from Porto, Evra is their left back and much better than Ibarra, he's reminded me a lot of Ash the few times I've seen him.

brianfrance

Established Member
gakc1 said:
ive been very impressed with Evra this season, isnt he on loan from Porto

No, you're thinking of their right back Hugo Ibarra who's on loan from Porto, Evra is their left back and much better than Ibarra, he's reminded me a lot of Ash the few times I've seen him.
Riight and totally agree that Evra is muuuch better than Ibarra. But Ibarra, since 2 month, is playing well, as he didn't at the start of the season.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom