• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Raul gives us Partey, Willian, Gabriel and a top AM, along with Tierney, Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Cedric, Pepe and Martinelli in two summers, there isn't any reason to get rid of him no matter where we finish. He doesn't put the team on the pitch. Giving a club who has only ever really signed decent attackers for a lot of money some real top players in defence and midfield as well as Pepe? He's doing some top work.

Arteta's job to get top 4 and push even further.
He’s running the club. We’re 8th now because he messed up in the summer.

Also, we don’t know if the Willian, Mari, Cedric etc signings will flourish next year. If we struggle you’ll have to massively question Raul.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Also, we don’t know if the Willian, Mari, Cedric etc signings will flourish next year. If we struggle you’ll have to massively question Raul.

4/5 players he bought in summer have been key players under Arteta and will be next year. Thats a good turn around. Unfortunately Emery didn't know what to do with this squad and he lost their faith which led to a huge collapse. Shame.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

How would you say he messed up in the summer? I think the only part he messed up was not sacking Emery sooner.

He gave us Tierney, an elite left back who is looking an absolute bargain considering what netflix and chillwell is supposedly going to go for.

He gave us Luiz, who admittedly has mistakes in him but he's one of the main reasons we won the FA cup. Terrific to have with Saliba and potentially Gabriel coming in.

He gave us Pepe, who has had a slow start here under Emery, mainly benched but seems to be thriving now under Arteta. Another big reason why we won the FA cup.

He gave us Ceballos, another poor player under Emery, but shock, he's actually performing incredibly well under Arteta, a good manager.

He gave us Saliba, can't say much about him yet but he beat Sp**s to his signature, supposedly is another elite talent.

He gave us Martinelli, don't need to say much about that one.

Out of the 6 players Raul signed last summer, one was questionable but even he came through in the end. We waited a season to sign a proper CB, but if we get Gabriel now will you complain at that?

Manberg

Predator
How would you say he messed up in the summer? I think the only part he messed up was not sacking Emery sooner.

He gave us Tierney, an elite left back who is looking an absolute bargain considering what netflix and chillwell is supposedly going to go for.

He gave us Luiz, who admittedly has mistakes in him but he's one of the main reasons we won the FA cup. Terrific to have with Saliba and potentially Gabriel coming in.

He gave us Pepe, who has had a slow start here under Emery, mainly benched but seems to be thriving now under Arteta. Another big reason why we won the FA cup.

He gave us Ceballos, another poor player under Emery, but shock, he's actually performing incredibly well under Arteta, a good manager.

He gave us Saliba, can't say much about him yet but he beat Sp**s to his signature, supposedly is another elite talent.

Out of the 6 players Raul signed last summer, one was questionable but even he came through in the end. We waited a season to sign a proper CB, but if we get Gabriel now will you complain at that?

You’re missing the biggest one. He gave us Arteta. It’s for that reason I’m reserving my distrust of Raul.

Finesse

Their mistake was hanging on to Emery. All the players he brought in have finished very strongly and are key players in Arteta’s setup. Apart from Cedric who has been injured.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Last summer was excellent business in my opinion and serve us well over the next 5-10 years. The downside was that it didn't really improve us in the short term. For various reasons, Emery, injuries and taking time to settle we only really saw the best of most of them towards the end of the season.

It looks like they learned the lesson of last summer and are targeting more 'safe bets' like Partey, Willian and Coutinho who stand a better chance of improving us from day one.

Finesse

If Raul gives us Partey, Willian, Gabriel and a top AM, along with Tierney, Saliba, Luiz, Mari, Cedric, Pepe and Martinelli in two summers, there isn't any reason to get rid of him no matter where we finish. He doesn't put the team on the pitch. Giving a club who has only ever really signed decent attackers for a lot of money some real top players in defence and midfield as well as Pepe? He's doing some top work.

Arteta's job to get top 4 and push even further.

IMO this even seems to good. I would gladly go into the season with Auba renewed , Partey , Countinho and Willian. In defence we have Luis , Mari ( very good until injury ) , Saliba ( top prospect ) and Mustafi ( this man gets a lot of unfair criticism but has been solid for us under Arteta) Considering we have Papa and Holding in the fray. With some players still out on loan. All these players for 2 positions or 3 depending on the formation. Unless we are letting one of Papa , Mustafi or Holding go , Gabriel would be a surplus. Unless of course he will walk into the team which remains questionable for now.

I would prefer that finance is funnelled to Partey ( and Coutinho. Our best midfield pairing has been Xhaka and Ceballos. We have looked frail whenever one of the 2 is out. We need to bring in a top player like Partey to add to the mix. He is a player who can walk into the midfield and own it. We need that depth to sustain a challenge if we have any injuries or suspensions.

A creative centre midfielder is a must. Assists , control in the final third , goals are needed. We have lacked that all season and relied on Artetas tactical noose to win games. Özil was missed. A fully committed and hard working Coutinho will bring us 15 goals and minimum 10 assists a season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Plus its not Di Marzio, it's one of his cronies.

Ffs, I'd consider myself active currently since I don't want to miss the fun of the window, but you are on a completely different level - do you even sleep, you basically live and breath on the forum every second of the day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom