• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

Luiz was a bum, Arteta had to build the team around him to get the best out of him. Is that why we signed Luiz? He made mistakes all season, even under Arteta. Dani started playing well in July, what was Emery supposed to do with him. Even under Arteta, Dani was crap until very recently.

You kinda just proved my point. Same players Raul signed. Flopped under Emery, whereas Arteta found a way to get more out of them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Emery was employed after the deal was brokered by a contact of Raul - Canales.

I get why you have the opinion on Raul that you do. But you have to say hes only really made one poor signing in Luiz so far and that's because we were desperate for a stop gap CB. Just didnt work out.

Recently hes signed up Saka, Martinelli and now Auba to new deals which is incredible. Hes taking us in the right direction though.

D

Dial Square 1886

That’s part of it. But you can build a potentially great squad investing millions in the process all you like, if the manager is not up to the job then the team isn’t getting very far.

Nah, that's BS.

Various studies have shown that the influence of a manager is tiny compared to those other factors.

Player recruitment (and basically having the money to buy/pay the top players), is far and away the most important factor in success.

Shalmaneser V

Nah, that's BS.

Various studies have shown that the influence of a manager is tiny compared to those other factors.

Player recruitment (and basically having the money to buy/pay the top players), is far and away the most important factor in success.

So when the board were being stingy ****s and signing **** players and we were still making top 4 it was because of Wenger.

Now we’re actually spending and finishing 8th it’s the board not the manager?

D

Dial Square 1886

So when the board were being stingy ****s and signing **** players and we were still making top 4 it was because of Wenger.

We still had one of the best and highest paid squads in the league throughout that time.

You could argue that last year was special circumstances, as the team basically quit on Emery and in that instance, then yes, I guess manager does make a difference :)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah, just look at @Trilly trying to hard to make his dross squad happen.

These things need to happen organically.
Just want a group for good posters who don’t get involved in name calling and call it as they see it and have a slight weakness for saucy players. You’re actually somebody I thought qualified but cool. No problem. I’m not upset.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’m never balls deep in anyone. I call it as I see it. Good results get praised, bad ones get criticised. Same goes for team selections. I don’t like to criticise transfers whoever the manager or director of football is. I think you have to give players a chance before slagging them off. Why should I criticise the Mari signing when he has barely kicked a ball?
You’re in btw, if you want to be.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just want a group for good posters who don’t get involved in name calling and call it as they see it and have a slight weakness for saucy players. You’re actually somebody I thought qualified but cool. No problem. I’m not upset.

I'm a one man show of normieness, my g.

Just can't pass up an oportunity to ****post and meme. At least we'll surely get Trusted one day and it'll be grand.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm a one man show of normieness, my g.

Just can't pass up an oportunity to ****post and meme. At least we'll surely get Trusted one day and it'll be grand.
Not sure why we aren’t. Are we untrustworthy or something?

We both post regularly, have been here for almost ten years and are popular members. Strange.

Maybe they’re waiting to make us ‘super trusted’ members. We’ll be the inaugural batch.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I’m surprised this needs explaining again, the structure is different now. Wenger was signing and managing the players then, last summer Raul signed the players.

Wenger was removed after missing out on the CL. The same will happen to Raul.

Malky

Established Member
Not expecting Gabriel (if we get him) or Saliba to be nailed on starters at the beginning of the season, but it'll be great to have two highly rated, exciting young CB's at the club.
We could genuinly have the CB positions fixed for the next decade :bounce:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Imagine begging someone like @field442 to be in your new group. What next? Yousif and that bootcut jeans wearing ****** @say yes ?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom