• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The guy retired 2 years ago so it doesn't matter if he is in Turkey, China, or playing for Arabas, he is just milking it. When he was on it Martinelli wasn't even half of the player Pepe was. Pepe played with the likes of Bellerin, Kolasinac, Holding, and Elneny and still looked a better player

lol people love to call Pepe a bad player but don't say the same about former favourites like Tierney or ESR who Arteta threw away or is in the process of throwing away in a similar fashion. I could add Ramsdale to this too.

I think many have forgotten how reluctant Arteta was to start Martinelli in the first place it took ages and it didn't happen until he scored an amazing goal off the bench against Utd (I think?)

Your Arsenal career lives and dies on Mikel as Havertz is proving, it's not necessarily a reflection of the players ability.

blaze_of_glory

I just have aboslutely no idea how some of you are so bullish on Martinelli when Mudryk happened. He's terrible as well and with that price tag he would have been forced like we have seen with Havertz.

It's not really about being good or bad with Mikel, does he want the player? Is what we should be asking.
Mudryk makes no sense to me at all and I'm just glad we dodged that bullet.

Re: Martinelli, he's already shown what he can do. So there's good reason to expect it to come back imo.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Mudryk makes no sense to me at all and I'm just glad we dodged that bullet.

He would have been decent under Mikel that's the thing. His name would be on that signing so he would have made it work as we have seen, even if he ended up being a left back.

Also what Arteta wants Martinelli to do, stay wide to stretch the opposition and track back with pace Mudryk can do. He could be having a completely different reputation right now.

blaze_of_glory

He would have been decent under Mikel that's the thing. His name would be on that signing so he would have made it work as we have seen, even if he ended up being a left back.

Also what Arteta wants Martinelli to do, stay wide to stretch the opposition and track back with pace Mudryk can do. He could be having a completely different reputation right now.
It's possible. But he also could have been a disaster and we'd be stuck with him instead of Trossard while Martinelli is struggling

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mudryk at Arsenal would been fine. We forgetting he came to London to a club that’s cut throat and too many young players fighting for game time

At Arsenal he would have his countryman helping him to settle and Arteta would simplify the game for him to make sure he gets the end of things like Martinelli. The one thing he has over Martinelli is better shooting technique. But yeah most importantly he would be one of Artetas guys

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
lol people love to call Pepe a bad player but don't say the same about former favourites like Tierney or ESR who Arteta threw away or is in the process of throwing away in a similar fashion. I could add Ramsdale to this too.
Pepe wasn't amazing, he was magical in some moments and awful in many others, think shooting was his main consistent thing. Comparing that to the current group, what's the difference? They all have good and bad patches, especially the forward line. Not a player for everyone, especially not Mik, but saying Martinelli is better or equal to Pepe is a joke :lol:

Funny thing is I was a Martinelli fan a few years back, but looking at him now when he can't beat someone for pace, I realize how poor and limited he is. He is next to experience Ramsdale and Pepe's treatment, and this time I agree with big Mikel

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Funny thing is I was a Martinelli fan a few years back

Same, I was initially far more impressed when he initially broke through. Having seen him up close for 2 seasons now, less so.

You see it with how people lament Jesus who is quality but clearly not 100%, it all boils down to popularity basically.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Lmao you think Martinelli is popular on AM?

Now I’ve heard everything…

Hell yes. It's only the handful of contrarians that have anything to say about him.

The world class convo about martinelli has stopped, but that's about it. A-M popularity poll in my head would be:

1. Rice/Ødegaard
2. Saka
3. Yeah it would be Martinelli
4. Saliba
5. Ben White

People will try and say Saliba above him, but lets be real defenders are boring.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Hell yes. It's only the handful of contrarians that have anything to say about him. The world class convo has stopped, but that's about it.

1. Rice/Ødegaard
2. Saka
3. Yeah it would be Martinelli
4. Saliba
5. Ben White

People will try and say Saliba above him, but lets be real defenders are boring.

Interesting. Usually feels like I’m fighting a losing battle on this thread but maybe I’m biased. You’re probably right in that the Martinelli outers are fewer in number but just more vocal.

In terms of number of posts though I really don’t think you can say he’s popular.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Interesting. Usually feels like I’m fighting a losing battle on this thread but maybe I’m biased. You’re probably right in that the Martinelli outers are fewer in number but just more vocal.

In terms of number of posts though I really don’t think you can say he’s popular.

lol Every match day "We're gonna need Martinelli on for his pace!!" until he comes on and kicks the ball out of play and you can't even say anything about it without getting shot. He's mad popular.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I have to admit, I am concerned about Martinelli's current development. He hasn't been very effective in the matches he's played this year, and I believe he could pose a much greater threat with the ball if he can grow in that aspect.

Of course, he's only 22 at the moment, but I think there's much more potential to unlock than what's currently being displayed. I hope we can help him improve significantly because there's so much potential there, and it should be possible to make him a much more effective player

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

and I will refer you to what Arteta said about ESR, "it's about what you do now".

We've seen ESR control a game against Chelsea (saving his job) and score double digits in open play, he was similarly adored by the fans but Arteta didn't care.

There is nothing about Martinelli that makes him immune to ESR's or Pepe's fate, he's already lost his place to Trossard a 29 year old from Brighton.

The difference with ESR is, Arteta can barely trust him to play any minutes whereas Martinelli is the first attacking sub off the bench (pretty much). So yes, he's lost his place to Leo but he's still a key part of the squad (for now). With ESR I think Mikel can't abide by all the games he's missed and sees him as untrustworthy. I don't get that indication with Martinelli - at the very least Gabbi will be an extremely useful squad player.

Who knows though - this transfer window we might go big on a wide forward with pace and technical ability which further pushes Martinelli down the pecking order.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So yes, he's lost his place to Leo but he's still a key part of the squad (for now).
In what way was he a key part this season?

Saliba is a key part, Ode is, Rice is, I'm just confused about how Martinelli belongs to that "key" group of players. In fact, we looked far better with Trossard than Martinelli, and nobody would say Trossard is key or he would have a major part next season, which tells you all about Martinelli being a "key" part

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I wonder if ESR can play LW more next season. He lacks blistering pace but he would give us more control, kinda similar to an Eze, Grealish type of winger. I just know Martinelli isn't showing enough, right now it's Trossard as no 1.

bergholt

I wonder if ESR can play LW more next season. He lacks blistering pace but he would give us more control, kinda similar to an Eze, Grealish type of winger. I just know Martinelli isn't showing enough, right now it's Trossard as no 1.

Not sure ESR will give us much on the left wing considering he’ll be playing for Ipswich

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

In what way was he a key part this season?

Saliba is a key part, Ode is, Rice is, I'm just confused about how Martinelli belongs to that "key" group of players. In fact, we looked far better with Trossard than Martinelli, and nobody would say Trossard is key or he would have a major part next season, which tells you all about Martinelli being a "key" part

:lol:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I will refer you to what Arteta said about ESR, "it's about what you do now".

We've seen ESR control a game against Chelsea (saving his job) and score double digits in open play, he was similarly adored by the fans but Arteta didn't care.

There is nothing about Martinelli that makes him immune to ESR's or Pepe's fate, he's already lost his place to Trossard a 29 year old from Brighton.
Yep this is how I feel. Nelli will be moved to a permanent sub here if we get the winger signing right.

Arteta has already given him the ESR treatment I think. Once he’s given it there’s no way back.

John Cena Wrestling GIF by WWE

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom