• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,161,679

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dear lord. After all that work to get to this point, we completely f*cked it up.

Again, it's been a courageous fight from us, but throwing it away through lack of concentration and lack of ruthlessness. Disappointed.

perspolis

We suffered physically. Even though we had a substitution left for extra time.

But that's nothing new.

they boys did what they could... they clearly aren't prepared for this sort of a thing physically... which is a recurring problem at Arsenal since 2006...

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Gnabry and Bellerin look class, otherwise no one really stood out I thought but I suppose it's too small a sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions. Chelsea look like a quality team, shame most of them probably won't even get a look-in.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Chelsea edge us and overall, I think were the better team. We never won enough 50-50's and they were fast & more powerful over the 120 mins.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
FT. 4-3 Chelsea. Our left side cost us, Ebecilio was worse than useless and Angha/Ottewill got torn to shreds time and time again.

Shame, good effort though. Chelsea have a very impressive youth team I have to say. Very good both physically and technically.

Muharraqawi

First time I see our under 21's Gnarby, Akpom, Bellerin, and Ansah all stood out, the first three are more likely to make it than all the others. Olsson and Yennaris looked average to me but that could be because of the pitch while Ebecilio, Niels, and the left back we brought on all looked awful.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Match finished. Disappointing end to the game, the reserve team pretty much a mirror of our first at their most inconsistent. Good counter-attack in the first half, but Chelsea seemed a better outfit overall, even in terms of technique on the crappy pitch.

Think we still did very well overall and we do have a promising batch of players, but their concentration levels need to be consistent and higher when the heat is on - we conceded some very sloppy goals when we matched Chelsea for most of the encounter and failed to convert some of our chances also.

Think there is a lot of work to be done for these young players if they are going to make it here, promising though they are. I can see which ones are going to do well already.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Bellerin never put a foot wrong all day. We were vulnerable down our left and all their goals aside from the GK error came down our left.

Olssen looked composed on the ball but missed a bad tackle for their 4th. We didn't see enough of Gnabry in extra-time. Chelsea worth their win.

Still well done to the lads and it'll be a great experience for them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ferrarif50hunt said:
FT. 4-3 Chelsea. Our left side cost us, Ebecilio was worse than useless and Angha/Ottewill got torn to shreds time and time again.

Shame, good effort though. Chelsea have a very impressive youth team I have to say. Very good both physically and technically.

Yes, they look very impressive, although most of them probably won't get to the first team - they will probably go on loan and end up elsewhere. But their set-up looks very good.

I wonder what changes are going to be made in pre-season to our set-up? Because we have such potential but it seems the "sins of the first team" are trickling down. I have long thought that whatever we are doing in training, it needs some augmenting. Obviously the physical difference isn't something we can necessarily control, but still.....

silent_shadow

Established Member
Gnabry came to the fore when we needed him which got me more excited about him. He still needs to refine his game though.
I honestly believe if you stuck Bellerin in the first team tomorrow he wouldn't look out of place. He just looks readier for a higher level than most of the players. I'm sure AW's going to promote him next season.

Giroud

Established Member
Bottled it really, we missed some crucial clear chances that you would expect to score from and that was a bit of a howler from Iliev. Yennaris fell asleep at the penalty too, should have had the Chelsea lad picked up. A lot of our players got shown up technically today, Angha, Ebecilio and even Akpom and Yennaris looked a bit sluggish on the ball. Don't think Yennaris has the technical talent to make it at Arsenal in midfield, Akpom still looks promising though.

Gnabry and Bellerin the highlights yet again.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom