• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,160,594

a_fourteen

Established Member
Zelalem's passing is ridiculous. He's the best passer over distance since Cesc. Wonder why he and Crowley did not get a run out during the Emirates Cup?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Zelalem's passing is ridiculous. He's the best passer over distance since Cesc. Wonder why he and Crowley did not get a run out during the Emirates Cup?
Because they're not ready for the 1st team-Iwobi, Akpom, Hayden & now Jeff seem further along plus all the other 1st team squad members that need game time.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Also - and I have no idea if this is true or not - I read somewhere that players were being sent onto the field in some games with instructions to play to their weaknesses - for example, to use their weaker foot, to focus on playing whatever sort of passes they were most uncomfortable making etc.

All this in the hope of making the players masters of all trades! Not sure how credible this is, though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wait, what? We were the worst team in the academy league last year? @MutableEarth, wtf happened?
My impression is that we were generally fielding younger teams than our opponents.

That right, Mutable?
That, and the fact that overall, our defensive prospects are not at the same level as our offensive ones. Plus I d0 think there were big coaching issues - Jeorge Bird alluded to that quite often.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

These two lads are going to turn out to be the new Vieira and Henry.

Oh my Wenger, oh my.

redanddread

Somehow the U 19's game vs PSV was shown on local sports channel, Sportsmax, here in Jamaica. Don't ask me how that happened but it looks like they're covering the Durban tournament as Celtic are on the box later.

We lost 1-0 to a crazy own goal. Anyone remember the Enckleman? Well, if you can get a you tube witness the Keto. Seems the same keeper made a blunder in our 4-2 win over Celtic, so two high profile gaffes in the same tournament! Thank God we've sorted out the GK position at senior level.

We were the better side for long periods but overplaying on the ball and poor decision making and general play in the final 1/3rd seemed to be our biggest problem.

Zelalem was good as usual but tends to hold unto the ball a little too much for me. Willock's a talent also.

However, it looks like Celtic did us a favour and we move through to the 1/2 finals-not sure who our opponents are.

redanddread

Watch Arsenal Under-21s at the Emirates
Arsenal will play their Under-21 Premier League games against Fulham and West Ham United at Emirates Stadium this month.

The young Gunners face Fulham on Friday, August 14 before hosting West Ham on Friday, August 28. Both games will kick-off at 7pm.

Tickets for the Fulham game are available FREE to Platinum, Gold, Silver, Red and Junior Gunner members HERE until 10am on Friday, August 7.

Subject to availability, tickets will then be available on general sale.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom