• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,161,133

ricky1985

Established Member
It seems likely that all of McGuane, Nelson and Malen will start on the bench. I'd be disappointed about that, not only because I think it severely damages our chances of going through but, more selfishly, because I'd love to see each of them in the flesh to run the rule over them.

Oh well, we'll see in a bit I guess. Looking forward to it! :)

Maxim

It seems likely that all of McGuane, Nelson and Malen will start on the bench. I'd be disappointed about that, not only because I think it severely damages our chances of going through but, more selfishly, because I'd love to see each of them in the flesh to run the rule over them.

Team news already? what's the line up

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Figures. With Sheaf back, he'll partner Bennacer most likely, while Hinds is very much a favorite of the youth coaches (I do like Hinds though, clever player) so he'll be in the midfield with Willock and Jeff, Mavididi upfront. At least, that's how I think it will turn out.

It will be a tad disappointing though if it comes to pass - Nelson and Malen are two very explosive and exciting players who get you out of your seat. McGuane is a player I'm hoping to see a lot more of too, his profile is said to be that of a calm DM with a good passing range and given we have a gap for that, it would be intriguing to see. Will be interesting to see how Bennacer is developed though - he's small but from the little I've seen, very tenacious and a good technical player. If they can develop him a little like Verratti, that would be very good.
-------------------------------

XI: Keto, Sheaf, Bielik, M. Bola, Robinson, McGuane, Bennacer, Hinds, Reine-Adelaide, Willock, Mavididi

Subs: Virgina, Da Graca, Dasilva, Nelson, Malen

Well, McGuane is starting then - Sheaf's at right back :lol:

You called it on Nelson/Malen though, both benched for Hinds and Mavididi respectively. Both more experienced and rugged players of course. Really wish Nelson and Malen would have started though but we'll definitely see them in the 2nd half (we should do anyway). Nice to see Josh Da Silva get a place too, looks impressive. Tall, strong, neat on the ball, great passing range.

Last edited:

Maxim

why the feck do we need to see what the commentators are doing for the whole game? Seriously, Arsenals coverage is an absolute shambles.

voB09nR.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We have started OK. McGuane very cool and smooth on the ball, as is Bennacer. Decent technical ability from our boys so far.

Maxim

Decent half, Liverpool have caused no problems whatsoever, but Arsenal haven't been that threatening either. Sheaf has been very good at RB.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Defense been very good. Bola and Bielik look decent - Bola has promise. Robinson been diligent and Sheaf is showing his class and technical ability. Whisper it, but he's even better in midfield.
McGuane is never too far away from Bennacer aswell and both have been very good on and off the ball - never wasteful and good positionally. Jeff and Willock have been threatening but missing the cutting edge. Hinds is doing a good job by creating links between them all. Mavididi also hasn't been too bad, but he's been a bit slow in the box which is a bit unlike him.

Overall, we need more in the final third as I feel we have greater ability in that area than we are showing. Malen and Nelson would be welcome additions to the game.

Sheaf and McGuane would be a good CM pairing, as is Bennacer with either of them.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom