• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,693

emilursin

@MutableEarth

Any defensive talents coming through? Any one of them show any particular promise this season? Tafari Moore is a name ive heard thrown around a lot, Is he any good?
Definitely hope we can get a CB or LB coming through to the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

Any defensive talents coming through? Any one of them show any particular promise this season? Tafari Moore is a name ive heard thrown around a lot, Is he any good?
Definitely hope we can get a CB or LB coming through to the first team.

You won't be surprised to hear that there aren't many! Pleguezuelo is probably the most promising one. Moore is pretty good, can play left or right full-back and is full of endeavor. I think Chiori Johnson is probably a better right back though, he looks particularly promising.

Can't think of any left backs really, the one we have who's getting a lot of game time is Marc Bola. He's very strong and powerful, decent on the ball too. Not yet made up my mind on him.

Most of our best defensive talents are defensive midfielders.

emilursin

You won't be surprised to hear that there aren't many! Pleguezuelo is probably the most promising one. Moore is pretty good, can play left or right full-back and is full of endeavor. I think Chiori Johnson is probably a better right back though, he looks particularly promising.

Can't think of any left backs really, the one we have who's getting a lot of game time is Marc Bola. He's very strong and powerful, decent on the ball too. Not yet made up my mind on him.

Most of our best defensive talents are defensive midfielders.
Thanks for the quick reply and in-depth analyzing. I was wondering if you think any of the youth players playing in defense would be given a chance to go on loan or maybe get an extra spot in the main squad like Iwobi next season? Or is it too soon for them to go on loan?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thanks for the quick reply and in-depth analyzing. I was wondering if you think any of the youth players playing in defense would be given a chance to go on loan or maybe get an extra spot in the main squad like Iwobi next season? Or is it too soon for them to go on loan?
Pleguezuelo will most likely go on loan. Not sure what will happen with Bielik. Doubtful they get in the main squad - Calum Chambers can't even get on the bench some games! Most likely any spots that will be more up for grabs will be the right back slot behind Bellerin, which is still relatively unlikely. We're stuck with our current CBs :lol:. Stefan O'Connor has also disappeared of the face of the planet, and he was pretty promising too.

Expect to see the central midfielders though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
MutableEarth I hope you don't mind me asking but how do you follow the reserves?
Go to a few U21 games every now and then, watch the highlights, follow the right accounts on twitter. A lot of the time the analysis I make is after repeated viewings - some players I don't see that much of. I have friends that go to games aswell and they give me some feedback when asked. It's harder for me to get a read on the U18 players other than limited viewing and educated guesswork because most of those games are invitation only. With the U21s, their games are relatively easy to get to see, especially if they are at the Emirates. I think all the U21 games should be played there to be honest and games televised/streamed.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
great goals, but two own goals by Osei-Tutu.:( hope he recovers quickly from that.

great to see Chambers and Chambo attending the match.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Haven't seen enough of his all around game but the lad is one of the most clinical players I've seen.

Have you seen a better finisher in our youth system?
Benik Afobe arguably.

Nketiah is very clinical though and an underrated technician. Interesting development ahead.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Benik Afobe arguably.

Nketiah is very clinical though and an underrated technician. Interesting development ahead.
If we had a situation similar to United's injury crisis which striker would we draft in?

I'm guessing Mavididi? Malen and Eddie aren't physically ready are they?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chambers, Cazorla and Rosicky all starting in midfield for the under 21s.

Under-21s starting XI: Macey, Sheaf, Pleguezuelo, Bielik, Moore, Chambers, Cazorla, Rosicky, Willock, Gnabry, Mavididi #AFCU21

Full team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Chambers, Cazorla and Rosicky all starting in midfield for the under 21s.

Under-21s starting XI: Macey, Sheaf, Pleguezuelo, Bielik, Moore, Chambers, Cazorla, Rosicky, Willock, Gnabry, Mavididi #AFCU21

Full team.
Is there a stream?

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom