• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
They might go for someone like Maximilian Philipp from SC Freiburg plus another Bundesliga veteran, Stindl or someone like that.
Timo Werner would have been a perfect replacement for Aubameyang, but he's not leaving Leipzig any time soon. Lacazette too, but he seems to be set on Atletico. As Dries Mertens mainly played as a CF this season, he's an interesting guy too.
But probably they pull someone out of basically nowhere, some guy from Ligue 1 or from Belgium - or Philipp.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
How do you think who's going to replace him, Balotelli :lol:?

:lol: Don't even joke!
All I know is, BVB need to sign 2 strikers this summer, so hopefully that money will go striaght back out and be invested in that position!

Toby

@Borussin Go all in for Patrik Schick/Ilheanacho and another seasoned striker. Kalinic, Mandzukic or Modeste.

There actually are lots of rumours in Germany regarding Schick to Dortmund, maybe they can pull it off.
But Mandzukic just signed a new contract at Juve and I feel Modeste is either going to stay at Köln or set for the PL.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
There actually are lots of rumours in Germany regarding Schick to Dortmund, maybe they can pull it off.
But Mandzukic just signed a new contract at Juve and I feel Modeste is either going to stay at Köln or set for the PL.
Kalinic then. He could do well and is a good one-rejected China to stay relevant despite Fiore willing to move him on. At a good age in good form too. And if those rumors are true then I hope Schick chooses BvB. Would make an exciting team. Buy Timo Horn/similar potential or a currently high level GK and it should have the makings of another great team.

Borussin

@Borussin Go all in for Patrik Schick/Ilheanacho and another seasoned striker. Kalinic, Mandzukic or Modeste.
There where rumours Modeste in January, probably more as a replacment for Ramos, who they sold and never did replace! As Toby said, likely to stay at Köln, I can't see him moving to a club where he'd not be first choice.

I know nothing of Schick as I don't watch Italian football, but did see the name mentioned.

Iheanacho is a good shout actully, he's a player I really could see fitting in, there was talk of West Ham going for him? I'd like to think he could do better :D

Toby

Kalinic then. He could do well and is a good one-rejected China to stay relevant despite Fiore willing to move him on. At a good age in good form too. And if those rumors are true then I hope Schick chooses BvB. Would make an exciting team. Buy Timo Horn/similar potential or a currently high level GK and it should have the makings of another great team.

Definitely. With Favre probably coaching them, Dahoud and Toprak already joining and possibly Schick/Philipp and Kalinic, like you suggested, I am really excited for BVB. Might spice up the Bundesliga again in the coming 2 or 3 years....depending what Bayern do in the transfer market this season - if they don't go crazy or don't/ won't get the players they need relying on their older guys, I can seriously see them rapdily declining, while Dortmund, Leipzig and Hoffenheim have very young and interesing squads.

4R5Emaniac

There where rumours Modeste in January, probably more as a replacment for Ramos, who they sold and never did replace! As Toby said, likely to stay at Köln, I can't see him moving to a club where he'd not be first choice.

I know nothing of Schick as I don't watch Italian football, but did see the name mentioned.

Iheanacho is a good shout actully, he's a player I really could see fitting in, there was talk of West Ham going for him? I'd like to think he could do better :D
Schick looks like a player but to be honest I've never actually seen him play beyond youtube since he was heavily linked with us. I know Samp coach plays good football and they have bunch of talented young players where he has clearly stood out to attract heavy interest that his price sky rocketed.

Funnily enough when the West Ham link to Kelechi popped up I thought he'd do better replacing Auba/ Lacazette at Lyon/ go to Marseille or Nice where they know what they're doing with prospects in European football.

Borussin

Mainz 05 have named Sandro Schwarz officially today as their new chief trainer. This is no surprise to anyone who may follow Mainz :D Schwarz is Mainz born and bred, and has played for them, and was the coach of Mainz 05 II. Mainz certainly do like promoting from within.

4R5Emaniac

Definitely. With Favre probably coaching them, Dahoud and Toprak already joining and possibly Schick/Philipp and Kalinic, like you suggested, I am really excited for BVB. Might spice up the Bundesliga again in the coming 2 or 3 years....depending what Bayern do in the transfer market this season - if they don't go crazy or don't/ won't get the players they need relying on their older guys, I can seriously see them rapdily declining, while Dortmund, Leipzig and Hoffenheim have very young and interesing squads.
Yeah, I've wondered about how Bayern will manage with the team aging now. With Robbery on their last year, Lahm gone and also Alonso, they've lost and are losing a lot of quality/experience. Producing little from their academy too. They bought Sule and will likely get Brandt next summer with other young top Germans over the years no doubt though.

It does look good and exciting for the Bundesliga for sure in the next few years for sure.

Borussin

@Borussin Looks like the PSG offer was BS. And Patrik Schick is headed to Juventus.

Yeah! Apparently no offer received by anyone yet. Last I read was that PSG are interested in Sanchez and are waiting till that's dead in the water before making an offer for Auba. I still expect him to go.

Maybe now Atletico transfer ban has been upheald somehow BVB can persuade Lacazette, wishful thinking though probably, I'm sure he'd end up in the prem or stay in France :D

4R5Emaniac

Yeah! Apparently no offer received by anyone yet. Last I read was that PSG are interested in Sanchez and are waiting till that's dead in the water before making an offer for Auba. I still expect him to go.

Maybe now Atletico transfer ban has been upheald somehow BVB can persuade Lacazette, wishful thinking though probably, I'm sure he'd end up in the prem or stay in France :D
I want Lacazette at Arsenal :p

Borussin

I want Lacazette at Arsenal :p

:D I would say if it was BVB or Arsenal, Arsenal would be the likely destination!
I don't even know what sort of fee he'd command, but it could well price Dortmund out, wages too. I can for sure see him ending up in the prem, and Arsenal would make sense if that is the case.

4R5Emaniac

:D I would say if it was BVB or Arsenal, Arsenal would be the likely destination!
I don't even know what sort of fee he'd command, but it could well price Dortmund out, wages too. I can for sure see him ending up in the prem, and Arsenal would make sense if that is the case.
Its hard to be confident about these things being an Arsenal fan :eek:ops: With Atletico's ban lasting till January he might yet choose to go to them.

Borussin

Its hard to be confident about these things being an Arsenal fan :eek:ops: With Atletico's ban lasting till January he might yet choose to go to them.

good point re their ban, he may just wait. I saw on some site that Man United may go for him now too, althought maybe that's just gossip.
I really hope he either stays where he is or goes to Arsenal if Dortmund don't go for him! As a neutral I don't want to see him play for a Mourinho team.

4R5Emaniac

good point re their ban, he may just wait. I saw on some site that Man United may go for him now too, althought maybe that's just gossip.
I really hope he either stays where he is or goes to Arsenal if Dortmund don't go for him! As a neutral I don't want to see him play for a Mourinho team.
Yeah, I'd rather see him go to BvB or stay at OL if he doesn't come here. I have a thing for home grown players staying at their club if they have good prospects and they have plenty of these brilliant HG players. Its good for football.

By the way, just read a rumor of Paolo Sousa being in line for your hot seat while Crystal Palace and Porto want him too. I rate him highly and his tactical methods but difficult to say if he is suited for a big job like yours. Would open the door for Kalinic to BvB as well.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom