• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gianluigi Buffon

awooga83

Established Member
Yep and Cech has been a great keeper but has looked really shocking this season and not particularly special last season.

juk380x

A bit of a funny list, I can't believe Dida is rated that high. Nonsense. I do agree Casillas and Buffon are at the top, though.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
No Akinfeev on the list?

He was injured for about 6 months, from the summer and only came back near the end of december otherwise he would of been on that list for sure

Mostarac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
no doubt he'll be number one after euro 08 for germany

What makes you think he will play all Germany`s matches in that tournament? He looks very impressive without a doubt, but I doubt he will be number one on that list next year with guys such as Buffon, Casillas, Cech and Julio Cesar still around.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Mostarac said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
no doubt he'll be number one after euro 08 for germany

What makes you think he will play all Germany`s matches in that tournament? He looks very impressive without a doubt, but I doubt he will be number one on that list next year with guys such as Buffon, Casillas, Cech and Julio Cesar still around.

I meant number one for his country, hence why I said for germany

Why you crossing out the first part of my message Mos, its pointless mate

Mostarac

Established Member
Because it was irrelevant to what I was about to ask you, mate. Anyway, I read an article about the preparations for the German national team for the tournament, and it stated that Lehmann or Hildebrand will be playing in that tournament.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Yeh they will be but watch out for him after that tournament. He'll be number one after euro 08 as lehamnn will be finished and hildebrand is in poor poor form

Mostarac

Established Member
I remember that we were linked with him a couple of months ago. Hope Wenger follows up on that interest after Lehmann leaves.

Sammer

Established Member
I think Adler will be the no1 in the WC2010, but not straigt after the Euro2008.

Robert Enke, another fantastic goalkeeper with more experience, is likely to take over from Lehmann.

Hildebrandt will be lucky to keep his place as a no2 keeper, but more likely lose it to Adler.

There are three young upcoming keepers in Germany which quite good - Michael Rensing (Bayern), Manuel Neuer (Schalke) and René Adler.

Alder is clearly the one with the best reflexes, incredibly agile and with mature decision-making.

JazzG

Established Member
Sammer said:
I think Adler will be the no1 in the WC2010, but not straigt after the Euro2008.

Robert Enke, another fantastic goalkeeper with more experience, is likely to take over from Lehmann.

Hildebrandt will be lucky to keep his place as a no2 keeper, but more likely lose it to Adler.

There are three young upcoming keepers in Germany which quite good - Michael Rensing (Bayern), Manuel Neuer (Schalke) and René Adler.

Alder is clearly the one with the best reflexes, incredibly agile and with mature decision-making.

Time to start a Transfer rumour thread on him me thinks ;) A quick search reveals we were actually linked to him ages ago, around 2 years back.

I hope our club is looking at another goalkeeper though, if there is one thing Wenger has failed on that is finding a long term goalkeeper for the this team because Lehmann was always just a stop gap solution considering his age. I don't and won't trust Alumunia and Fabianski has a lot to prove yet.

I'll also keep an eye out for Adler now that you have mentioned him.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom