• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gianluigi Buffon

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Re: What about Buffon?

Not nearly as good these days though.

His wages would be sky high aswell so I doubt this rumour has any legs.

darthwenger

What's the point? His best days are behind him and he is so injury prone and will still want a fair whack in wages especially if Juve are giving him away (why are they giving him away I ask myself)

We have (apart from Almunia) three decent young keepers at the club - why bring in another sick note who'll sit in the treatment room whilst being paid.

TheCMT

Established Member

I heard Juve are suffering from Financial crisis. SO they need to cut down wages would be good option to have both Fabianski and Chesny will learn a lot and he can still give about 5 years.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Still a quality keeper on his day, and possibility for a good amount

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Buffon can still be the best in the world or he can be a buffoon (see what i did there?). i have seen both from him since his return from injury this season.. he also doesnt appear to really care all that much anymore..

however, this is absolute and utter nonsense.. he wouldnt leave Italy IMO..

saw this today.. also a joke, but possibly more realistic than Buffon for free..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2011/03/31/2419654/report-arsenal-keen-on-wolfsburgs-diego-benaglio?synpar=yahoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/engla ... npar=yahoo</a>

was decent in the WC and apparently playing well this season, but unless Wenger's planning on off-loading Fabianski and Almunia, this is a non-starter as well..

CandysRoom

Established Member

Great keeper but i question do we need him? If he were to come, i think we'd lose Szczesny.

Szczesny is at the level now. He's a good keeper and will become great with game time. I think we need a replacement for Almunia who will settle for being backup to Szczesny and Fabianski.

DK Gooner

Was a great GK but have read that his recent form has been anything but inspiring. Even if he comes on a free, his wage demands and his injury history make me feel that we should avoid this one.

I've also read that we are interested in Blackpool's currently injured GK Matt Gilks. Not a star, but might make sense if it has already been decided that WS and Fabianski will fight it out for the number 1 spot. Was solid for the Tangerines at the start of the season and was good enough to get a Scotland call-up (GK is the only position where they seem to be blessed). He's also available on a free which is an advantage to Wenger and he is not Almunia which is an advantage to all of us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Don't think we need a keeper anymore, let Szcesney grow into the role.

Shue

Established Member

We don't need a GK, come next season when we have Szczesny #1 and Fabianski #2 we'll be fine. It's a very rare and unfortunate instance to have both your 1 & 2 GKs out injured together.

-vapour-

Not a chance will this happen. Wenger won't sign a keeper IMO. In fairness we don't really have a problem there as Fabianski and Szczesny have both shown themselves ready and able this season. It's just extremely unfortunate that both have since got injured.

Have you guys seen the latest 'keeper we have been linked with?

The one, the only, Ali Al Habsi. What a world class coup that would be...

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6846139,00.html

KY

Established Member

Has ANYONE seen enough of Buffon in action lately to be able to make some sort of comment on whether he's still good enough? All that I've heard is that he's past it. I myself haven't seen enough(or rather, at all) of him to make any kind of comment but would appreciate the input...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

KY said:
Has ANYONE seen enough of Buffon in action lately to be able to make some sort of comment on whether he's still good enough? All that I've heard is that he's past it. I myself haven't seen enough(or rather, at all) of him to make any kind of comment but would appreciate the input...
see my post above.. he has his "best in the world" moments, but those are coming less frequently these days.. still better than most keepers, but he isnt quite the same dominating keeper he used to be... (Note - I watch the Serie A regularly, and have seen probably 75% of Juve's games this season)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Never ever going to happen. Ever. Never.

Scribes looked at our GK injuries and starting making **** up.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ron Burgundy said:
These journalists! You would think we'd made an approach or are making one. The title should've been Juventus warns teams against Buffon move. Besides, with our two poles, we're not going to be getting another keeper. I think Wenger's and probably most of us are comfortable with what we have, as long as it's not Almunia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom