• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Giants' of Arsenal

Canadian Gooner

Just noticed this article on Arsenal.com

Who are your 'giants' of Arsenal?

Talks about having 'giant heads' for the final game at Highbury and they want to fans to vote on who the think the giant heads should be. There will be 4 giant heads.

They give a list of nomanies, and they are as follows...

Tony Adams
George Armstrong
Cliff Bastin
Dennis Bergkamp
Liam Brady
Ted Drake
Charlie George
George Graham
Thierry Henry
Alex James
Martin Keown
Freddie Ljungberg
Frank McLintock
Joe Mercer
Paul Merson
David O’Leary
Robert Pires
John Radford
David Rocastle
Pat Rice
Jock Rutherford
Kenny Sansom
David Seaman
Alan Smith
Michael Thomas
Patrick Vieira
Bob Wilson
Ian Wright
Arsène Wenger
Other(s)

Which 4 would you pick to be our giant heads for our final game at Highbury?

f4evo

Cesc
Robin
Theo
Kolo :eek:ops:

well in seriousness

Dennis
Thierry
Arsène
??????? = not sure at all, maybe one of Charlie George, Liam Brady, Cliff Bastin?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Chapman, Wenger, Adams and... I dunno. Spunky? Charlie George? It shouldn't be someone who still plays professional football.

Army of Me

Established Member
just the four... how great would it be to see them all parading round the touchline? ;)

anyway, I reckon it would be a cardinal sin not to have...

Arsène Wenger
Dennis Bergkamp
Tony Adams
and
Glenn Helder

...as our 4 heads.

We can't really include any of the current squad because it's a little unfair. Bergkamp doesn't really count as that would be his last ever game.

Canadian Gooner

I'd pick Henry, Bergkamp, Rocastle and either Adams or Chapman...

There are so many good names to choose from though...Brady, Wright, Vieira, Wenger, plus the 5 I mentioned above.

Tough decision to pick just 4

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Golden oldies for me would be Dennis Bergkamp (well his is in a way)
Tony Adams David Seaman Ian Wright

Canuck

Established Member
Limited to four kind of sucks.
But I'd like
Wenger and Bergkamp for the final years of Highbury, and 2 from the earlier days, but I'm not the guy to pick them. I'll leave that to the older heads.

maradona

Bergkamp, Charlie Nicholas, Henry, Merson, Rocastle, Weighty, Adams and Stevie Williams and Brady and Rix and Sansom too.

phonics

i hate how they make you send an e-mail. The fact that they can't set up a basic poll is embarassing, I could make a better website.

phonics

Freddy Ljungberg being in there is a joke as well. Yeah he's been a good player but I wouldn't call him an Arsenal legend, Freddy's hair or Freddy's hat, sure but as a player? no.

rich300

I think they should have the three captains of the 71, 98, and 2002 double winning teams, which I believe would be Frank McLintock, Tony Adams, and Patrick Vieira, then the fourth would be our most succesful manager - Arsène Wenger.

This is probably the only fair way to pick the four men, and nobody can argue with those choices.

Of course Plan B would be to choose Dixon, Keown, Adams, and Winterburn!

regele

Established Member
Thierry
Wenger
Tony Adams
David Seaman

I'm not the biggest fan of theese "contests", because there are some people on that list that don't stand the slightest chance, although they made important contributions to our club and they just they might feel that we don't appreciate it. I mean (almost)nobody's gonna pick Martin Keown over Tony Adams and Thierry is already as good as chosen, so they could as well have picked the names themselves, or make heads for everybody[that sounds strange :)] .

kamikaze80

Established Member
choosing only 4 really does suck. its between wenger, henry, rocastle, adams, seaman, chapman, bergkamp, wright and brady for me. the list is easier if you eliminate currently active players/managers, but i think people's first instinct is to choose wenger, bergkamp, henry, adams/rocastle, which is very skewed towards the recent past. also seems weird to include henry already when hes only 29, tho hes clearly deserving. sooo, here's my four:

wenger, chapman, rocastle, bergkamp.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Adams, Rocastle, Bergkamp, Brady.
if we just go with players, id go with this as well.

could be hilarious to see the bergkamp head standing right next to the dutch master himself.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom