• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilles Sunu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

Dont we have enough youth strikers? I mean we already have Vela, Walcott, Lupoli, Stokes and Bendtner all pushing for a first team place as it is.
Well Vela will be pushing for a first team spot next year anyway.
I know he's only 15 and won't be pushing for the 1st quite just yet but still, its the principle.
I very much agree with the youth policy at Arsenal btw.

Jameel46

Established Member
i posted this in the Alexandre Silva thread and thought it also makes sense to post it here -
Arsenal in the future will get to pick from the best of the best young strikers, we all know that all of them won't be reaching their peak at Arsenal but Arsenal get to pick the most promising and let a few go, this will probably start next season and Lupoli or Stokes or maybe both will be the ones that don't get picked to stay even though they have a massive amount of talent.

Linson

Good comment Jameel, so rather than having the best pick us we pick the best.
Nice.
Despite Lupolis clear talent I don't think he is going to make it at Arsenal, I was going to start a new thread on this - being that Wenger came out and said that Bendtner and Stokes were not for sale, nowhere in the article did I read that Lupoli was not for sale. Anyway thats a different topic.
I would welcome any signing that makes Wengers high standards.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i find it interesting that in the EuroSport article, apparently Sunu is eager to continue his training at Highbury....

erm...........

Artillero

313253-1475063-458-238.jpg

I read the Eurosport article but what stood out for me is that Arsène is holding a TV remote to his ear?

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Artillero said:
313253-1475063-458-238.jpg

I read the Eurosport article but what stood out for me is that Arsène is holding a TV remote to his ear?

Are you just trying to be funny or you really can't see the hinge on the mobile?

anyway, the players are getting younger each time. How long before we get someone under 10? :shock:

jester

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
i posted this in the Alexandre Silva thread and thought it also makes sense to post it here -
Arsenal in the future will get to pick from the best of the best young strikers, we all know that all of them won't be reaching their peak at Arsenal but Arsenal get to pick the most promising and let a few go, this will probably start next season and Lupoli or Stokes or maybe both will be the ones that don't get picked to stay even though they have a massive amount of talent.

i wouldnt just say the best 'striker' talent, but the best french talent.
If a french youth wants to find his feet abroad, there's only one club he'll look at. I wouldnt be surprised (or bothered) if we sign this guy, its a great club to come to if you're young and french (or spanish for that matter now)

M+D

Established Member
Liverpool must really hate us, especially their Youth department!
They just can't offer kids the same sort of footballing upbringing that we can. Who knows how good he is, but to be spotted by Arsenal at 15, you must have some talent. And the article also mentions the next player (child) on the list:
Morgan Schneiderlin

M+D

Established Member
I have been doing some "digging" on this Morgan Schneiderlin, and apparently he will probably sign for us today. I also know that he is the Under 18 French captain, plays in midfield, and has made either 2 or 4 appearances for Strasbourg this season (depending what stats you believe).
France Under-18 international midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is being linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium

"I want to take a step up," the 17-year-old told the Dernieres Nouvelles d'Alsace newspaper.

"I've had an interesting offer from a higher profile club than Strasbourg.

"They offered me an interesting objective.

"I cannot say any more about it but I hope to finalise my transfer on Monday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom