• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

goal celebrations

total_football

from an early age i always found goal celebrations to be highlights of games; from Henry's messages on his undershirt to Raul kissing his wedding ring i always love seeing what players will do to celebrate a goal. i truley beleive that some celebrations make the goal far more impressive and other players should take some notes in order to not embarass themselves. for example does anyone remember zenden trying the flip at euro 2000? well anyways, does anyone know what is up with Ronaldo and his new celebration of putting his forearm on his forehead? feel free to post your most memorible celebrations.

Ridge

i think its Ruud Diverboy in AstonVilla (not sure). He scored a goal and intend to slide to the ground with hisknees, but i remember he falled off or something. Cant really describe it due to mypoor english. Sorry, anyone remembers that one?

A

Anonymous

klinsmanns dive was funny
all of wrightys were brilliant, and i agree the highlight of a game.
Remember chelsea in mid 90's all slid together and ended up in different positions some laying down some on their knees, all with their hands in the air, as if they had just completed a complex dance routine, that was a good one, very famous. Also a team around the same time from the lower divisions, all got on their knees, and did the can-can together on their knees, that was one of the best.
Sadly the characters are lost out of the game these days, bring wrighty back.

Aussie

Established Member
Sadly the people up the top are doing their best to make football boring. These days you cant show messages under shirts or even take your shirt off with out getting a card.

Ratinho

Established Member
Just look moody, as if someones just crapped in your pocket and you reached for your keys.

That's the Thierry Way. :wink:

He used to be such a happy child. :D

The best?? Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (I think, you might have to correct me), going over the the corner flag, pulling it out, taking off his shirt and attaching it like a flag! Genius!! :lol:

bobbypires

Established Member
total_football said:
does anyone know what is up with Ronaldo and his new celebration of putting his forearm on his forehead? feel
I think he said it's something related to his weight. He was a bit fat (and he still is) and had to train a lot, so it's supposed that he's exhausted.

GunnerForLife

he was actually having fever when he played that match. he scored and spontaneously celebrated by placing his forearm on his forehead. someone from football focus explained it.... gerry armstrong if im not mistaken....

total_football

JFH humped a corner flag? Henry shat in my pocket?
what?!
with the Ronaldo celebration, hes been doing it for over a month now and its funny because i'm saw a player from the Tiger Cup do that celebration.

i really hate the fact that players can't reveal a message on their undershirt anymore, i love Henry's messages.

Gunner4life09

i think it was bao morte or some fulham player, it was an away match and he crawled up to the corner flag and pretended to piss on it like a dog lifting his back leg up. Hilarious . . .

Mark

Established Member
Celebrations are great, but now you get booked for almost anything. It's so annoying.

koivu

Gunner4life09 said:
i think it was bao morte or some fulham player, it was an away match and he crawled up to the corner flag and pretended to piss on it like a dog lifting his back leg up. Hilarious . . .

I actually did that myself back in 1994!! It was pretty sweet. I scored the 5th goal in a 5-goal rout against another high school. I ran to the corner, crawled like a dog, raised my leg. The referee wasn't looking, conveniently enough. Some old Italian linesman was calling me a disgrace, and I got substituted immediately. We had 2 coaches, the first one gave me some stick as I walked past him but the 2nd coach said 'Great goal' with a smile on his face.

I don't claim to have invented it, I nicked it from Finidi George who did it after scoring a goal in World Cup '94 a few months earlier.

koivu

I also enjoy the 'Shhhh!!!', the running away from your teammates, and even the airplane for old time's sake.

Biting your teammate's genitals is not high on my list.

kanuuu

Established Member
I live to see a celebration that shows passion for the club. I remember when Ash scored that last minute goal to keep us in the Champions league against kiev last season and all of the team went ****ing crazy and just piled on top of him, ****ing quality.

koivu

Gunner4life09 said:
hey koivu, did you use to live in canada or somethng?

I am sure am, born and raised but have been in North London for a little over a year now.

deki9188

batistuta had good celebrations. i heard that ronaldo has a tatoo on his wrist of his partner or something.

towelie

I always thought he was saying he was so hot (in terms of goal scoring) he had a fever. arrogant **** that he is

why would you feel your head right after a goal even if you had fever? seems like the adrenalin would be pumping

dynasty

i know people dont like him in this board...but cantona after the lob was perfect...kinda saying yea im cantona and what..same with henry and his quiet celebrations...

what about reyes in seville something about his crotch??

anybody watch american football...they have good celebrations as well...

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom