• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gökhan Zan

siddharth

>YounGunner< said:
We wont defend corners well unless we have someone who can organize a defense and win headers constantly. All top teams have them. Look at Chelsea against Wigan without Terry they where a liability in the air and i'm sure Chelsea always practice their set pieces.
Valid point but that doesn't mean Zan is the person who can solve our problems.Defending set pieces is a matter of skill and having tall defenders.

Djourou is quite tall but he is average at attacking balls in the air and he is short of experience too. No wonder we look so vulnerable at set pieces. I would be very disappointed if we sold senderos and personally i can't see wenger doing such a terrible mistake.If we are looking to sign a central defender like zan than it would be better for us if we let go of djourou rather than senderos.

Arsenal_FAN1983

siddharth said:
Valid point but that doesn't mean Zan is the person who can solve our problems.Defending set pieces is a matter of skill and having tall defenders.

Djourou is quite tall but he is average at attacking balls in the air and he is short of experience too. No wonder we look so vulnerable at set pieces. I would be very disappointed if we sold senderos and personally i can't see wenger doing such a terrible mistake.If we are looking to sign a central defender like zan than it would be better for us if we let go of djourou rather than senderos.

Totally disagree with you here. First of all Senderos might have experience, but he is prone to mistakes imo. Djourou while more inexperience in the Arsenal team, don't forget he is an international player. He has played against some big teams in the world cup and im sure he's learnt some lesson there. Djourou has more promise than Senderos imo so if we are to let a CB go for Zan to come in then Senderos needs to go imo.

Gunner Ossie

siddharth said:
Are you suggesting that this turkish bloke is better than gallas ? Moving gallas to the left back would make arsenal and wenger look like fools if you consider the cole-gallas swap deal. Selling one of the best left backs and getting one of the best center backs only to play him at left back.

Boy i thought it was only me who thougth moving gallas to the left as if he some kind of utility player was the most idiotic suggestion around. after all isnt that the same reason why he left chelsea.

Meatwad

siddharth said:
If we are looking to sign a central defender like zan than it would be better for us if we let go of djourou rather than senderos.
That doesn't make any sense. Djourou is better than Senderos and of the two Zan is most similar to Senderos. So why would Wenger want both of his backups to have the same style? Anyway, I don't see Wenger giving up on Senderos any time soon. I could see Phil requesting a transfer if he's 4th choice at the end of this season though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
most people tend not to realise djourou is a big bloke, bigger than senderos if i am not wrong

siddharth

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Totally disagree with you here. First of all Senderos might have experience, but he is prone to mistakes imo. Djourou while more inexperience in the Arsenal team, don't forget he is an international player. He has played against some big teams in the world cup and im sure he's learnt some lesson there. Djourou has more promise than Senderos imo so if we are to let a CB go for Zan to come in then Senderos needs to go imo.
Meatwad said:
That doesn't make any sense. Djourou is better than Senderos and of the two Zan is most similar to Senderos. So why would Wenger want both of his backups to have the same style? Anyway, I don't see Wenger giving up on Senderos any time soon. I could see Phil requesting a transfer if he's 4th choice at the end of this season though.
I anticipated such reactions. Arsenal_FAN , are you suggesting that djourou doesn't make mistakes ? You say that djourou has a lot of international experience but so does senderos. Ofcourse you learn from experiences, again so will senderos. Senderos atm is relatively more experienced.

Meatwad, the who is better thing is highly debatable. The reason why toure and djourou get away with many mistakes is due to their recovery pace but that won't be always the case against quality opposition.I also believe that senderos's mistakes are criticized far more heavily than djourou' or toure's. Senderos is the first classical central defender who has come through the ranks. Also our best defensive performance in the wenger era came with senderos in the side.

You can forget about senderos handing in a transfer request coz i firmly believe he will bounce back from this and stake a strong claim for a place in the starting lineup let alone being third choice.

number_0

Established Member
center back?
no thank you we have better position ti strengthen now.
imo i dont see it happening even if it was a free transfer

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom