• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Going For The One

KoLo28

nice to see, i don't follow the bundesliga at all are Borussia Dortmund having a bad year... perhaps due to the departure of one Mr Lehmann

Sammer

Established Member
They are having a ****ty year. The replacement of Lehmann does not work. They put a young, promising, but unexperienced goalie between the posts. Their former stronghold - the defense - just fell apart with Lehmann gone and Metzelder injured.

Plus: Borussia is being hit hard either by injuries (Metzelder, Rosicky (now back), Frings etc.) or having trouble with players (Amoroso).

Financially, they are on the edge of going bankrupt (not playing in the CL or UEFA this year).

AFCG7

Established Member
then we should try to see if we cant get Metzelder from them.
sad to see any club having financial troubles, but he is a quality player.

JazzG

Established Member
AFCG7 said:

Exactly what I am thinking as well!

Sammer

Established Member
AFCG7 said:

Metzelder has been linked to Arsenal, Chelsea and Real. I reckon he will be too expensive for us, but he´d fit in perfectly. He is a Nesta-type (not that I would say he is already as good): great vision, reading of the game. The guy, that holds a defense together.

My hope is, since he is best friends with Jens and since he admires the EPL, that he might end up at Arsenal. We´ll see.

Sammer

Established Member
thegame24 said:
amoroso is pretty good aint he?

Yeah he can be brilliant. But he is so damn moody and inconsistent. The Diva-type. Definately not an Arsenal player IMO.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom