• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Swiss Jordan Henderson. Brings some great playing strengths with some great weaknesses but when you consider his non-playing strengths (leadership, mentality etc) and surround him with the right players, he might be a net positive.

Vantastico

One (addmitingly switched off) mistake (where nothing came out of it), immediatly a TLDR post that its all hes doing and it immediatly cancels out what he did the last few games as well (in which he made plenty of good decisions even under pressure). Xhaka responsible for everything bad again.

Reading your post we would have immediatly scored in those 2 minutes as well (And ignoring that Bournemouth got stronger already before that mistake)

Every time. Thankfully Arteta doesn't see it this way.
Most of your first paragraph is bollocks. I've highlighted all the parts I didn't claim to help you out. Don't write that stuff next time.

And something did come out of it. The entire team had to track back and was all out of gas. Luckily Bournemouth didn't press us too hard after. Guess what a good team like Dortmund would do to us after a pass like that.

Also, I know that Arteta said he rates him. As well I've said I hope that Arteta takes his time with Xhaka. Does that absolve Xhaka from justified criticism? No it doesn't. Does he lose possesion for no good reason as a central midfielder way too often? Yeah, almost every game he has a brainfart. And I'm pointing that out for this game. It's Xhaka's performance thread after all.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Most of your first paragraph is bollocks. I've highlighted all the parts I didn't claim to help you out. Don't write that stuff next time.
And I'm pointing that out for this game. It's Xhaka's performance thread after all.

Guess what? I'm going to continue to point that out just as much as you are going to continue to point that mistake out.

I've been called not an Arsenal fan three times now for defending Xhaka. So, acting snarky here is just going to be a human reaction from me as well.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Xhaka giving the ball away tonight left, right and centre.

On another note, true. His passing or the strength he puts in them is off tonight (especially in the second half) in general.

Maybe his worst under Arteta (excluding bit parts where the whole team was ****).

Vantastico

I've been called not an Arsenal fan three times now for defending Xhaka. So, acting snarky here is just going to be a human reaction from me as well.
Sorry to hear that. That's a bit of a pointless insult though. There's literally no correlation and no reason for you to take it personally either.

I get that Xhaka-bashing might be getting a bit old for some more frequent readers of this thread, though. That's why I liked Ash's post above yours who told me to just leave it today. I guess you two are right. Everyone knows how Xhaka is by now. I guess us Gooners will just have sit out the ride without getting too worked up on either side of the argument.

Heck, sometimes I feel an urge just to randomly post 'Xhaka is our best player by a mile' here just to stirr things up a little bit. :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Sorry to hear that. That's a bit of a baseless insult though. There's literally no correlation and no reason for you to take it personally either.

I got called out personally on at least one of those occassions (two? I think, not sure though), so my snarkiness meter for this thread is just high. The argument was since I'm swiss and I have followed Xhaka before (since he started at my boyhood club) I'm a Swiss and Xhaka fan, not an Arsenal one. (Though it was actually Djouru that brought me to Arsenal funnily enough)

Its all good though. :drool:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I got called out personally on at least one of those occassions (two? I think, not sure though), so my snarkiness meter for this thread is just high. The argument was since I'm swiss and I have followed Xhaka before (since he started at my boyhood club) I'm a Swiss and Xhaka fan, not an Arsenal one. (Though it was actually Djouru that brought me to Arsenal funnily enough)

Its all good though. :drool:

Xhaka, Djourou, Lichsteiner, Senderos. Yous be the gift that keeps giving

Taneruit

Established Member

Think he's been fine since Arteta came in.

Never seems to play well with Guendouzi though ( who showed him up tonight)

I thought first 30 so minutes were alright in their interplay. Afterwards it came crashing down to same old. Still not a very good pairing.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Another superb performance.

On top of his Gladiator tag, he's now Mr. Consistent, and the usual fanboys are absolutely dreading it. :drool:

Pepes blue pill

Think he must always bet on himself to get a yellow :lol:

Decent enough performance but why does he under hit simple passes so often, it should be a easy thing to fix but you know he will do at least one every game, I don't understand how he can think they will reach his target if he just passes it with no pass on it, as if he thinks the opponents wont bother cutting it out, does my head in

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I got called out personally on at least one of those occassions (two? I think, not sure though)

Tbf, you live in Switzerland and you stated that you're a 'local Basel fan' and your 'international club' is Arsenal. So you can't really moan if anyone says you aren't really an Arsenal fan, even if it is a baseless insult!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom