• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Oh yeah, you're right...the whole "he disrupts our flow" from our fans was a little ridiculous when he was here, that's what top forwards do, high risk/high rewards.

Exactly, it's like for years Arsenal fans were moaning about the constant passing around the box to nowhere. Once we get a player that actually has some penetration everyone moans about him disrupting the flow even though he was our best player by far and the only one who would perform in away games.

It goes back to my popularity contest theory, Arseblog started hating on Alexis and a lot of people just followed his lead.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
^^ Arseblog started hating on Wenger too, even before AFTV

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s a low-ceiling bum, but as long as he’s doing his best and isn’t giving away penalties and is generally appearing to actually be on our side, I’ll be happy to accept I have no choice but to watch him fumble around to the best of his ability, hopefully.
I love this post. You're alright you know, you're alright.:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he genuinely loves the club, like I don’t think he does, then I can get behind him. Problem is his attitude in the past has been rank. His penchant to shirk responsibility just stinks.
Sometimes people go on like he was this elite world class player which he wasn't but still doesn't take away from how great he was. Our best player of the decade was probably Alexis but Arsenal fans seem to hate him for not much of a reason tbh.
Only Arsenal fans on here had a weird hate for him. Most were Özil chodes anyway, so he wasn’t really hated at all when you think about it.

blaze_of_glory

Literally no one hated Alexis, just criticised his attitude with team mates. Seems like the guy never learned how to make friends. Strangely enough it seemed he got on with Özil better than a lot of other players, likely because he respected Mesut's ability more than he did some of the others'.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

The same Xhaka that threw the armband on the ground and told off the fans?

I know fans abused his wife, they're a vile bunch no doubt. I doubt Xhaka has any love in his heart for the club after that. I know I wouldn't.

But good PR from Arteta and the club. I hope his value increases enough so that we can make a tidy profit on him and bring in a better player.

Manberg

Predator
The same Xhaka that threw the armband on the ground and told off the fans?

I know fans abused his wife, they're a vile bunch no doubt. I doubt Xhaka has any love in his heart for the club after that. I know I wouldn't.

But good PR from Arteta and the club. I hope his value increases enough so that we can make a tidy profit on him and bring in a better player.

He may (rightfully in my opinion) hold a grudge against fans but I assure you Xhaka is loyal to the manager and the team. If you take the time to analyse him closely you'll constantly see examples of leadership from him in every game, marshalling the defence behind him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He may (rightfully in my opinion) hold a grudge against fans but I assure you Xhaka is loyal to the manager and the team. If you take the time to analyse him closely you'll constantly see examples of leadership from him in every game, marshalling the defence behind him.
You know him personally? What if Bayern Munich came in with a huge offer, is he staying or is he going? At the end of the day, he's only loyal to himself and his own interests.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
on what went wrong…
I think it was Aston Villa, their fight, they put everything out in each half and in my opinion they deserved the three points.

on set pieces causing issues…
Yes, we have a gameplan and we know they are very strong on set pieces but we did too many fouls near our box, too many corners against them but we didn’t play our gamelan. They were more aggressive than us and deserved it.

on it being tough after the Liverpool and City games…
Yes, of course, to beat two big, big teams… but in my opinion you can’t come here and play like this. It’s not good enough and you can’t play with this mentality. It was not enough to take something from today, and we knew if we won today, the last game if we won as well we could have got into the Europa League, but now we have to win the FA Cup and we have more pressure. But we will do everything to win the FA Cup now.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
original.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Literally no one hated Alexis, just criticised his attitude with team mates. Seems like the guy never learned how to make friends. Strangely enough it seemed he got on with Özil better than a lot of other players, likely because he respected Mesut's ability more than he did some of the others'.
I think he respected the fact he was a world cup winner and played for Real Madrid for quite a long time. Their El Classico clashes as well.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

We looked much better with him on though. Without a doubt our best midfielder. Sadly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he played as good a game as he talked, we'd be sorted in MF. He's right though, for what it's worth. You can almost hear those house keys jingling around as he gets all animated.

Gooner1988TK

I love how people say he’s been our best midfielder this season. This is our worst finish in the league in 25 years and the worst arsenal side in 25 years! Just because you’re the best of sh!t doesn’t mean you’re not sh!t. It just means you’re the best of a crap bunch which is nothing to brag about at all. It’s hilarious and embarrassing actually.

This guy is nothing more than Wenger’s failed attempt at acquiring a player he thought was similar to Xabi Alonso who Wenger wanted badly. Xhaka is the Chinese made version and a mid table player. How ironic that’s exactly where we’ve found ourselves and been in a decline since he joined. If you continue to accept and praise mediocre bums then that’s exactly where we will stay.

He’s not good enough to start but I’d have him on the bench for depth and that’s all.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I love how people say he’s been our best midfielder this season. This is our worst finish in the league in 25 years and the worst arsenal side in 25 years! Just because you’re the best of sh!t doesn’t mean you’re not sh!t. It just means you’re the best of a crap bunch which is nothing to brag about at all. It’s hilarious and embarrassing actually.

This guy is nothing more than Wenger’s failed attempt at acquiring a player he thought was similar to Xabi Alonso who Wenger wanted badly. Xhaka is the Chinese made version and a mid table player. How ironic that’s exactly where we’ve found ourselves and been in a decline since he joined. If you continue to accept and praise mediocre bums then that’s exactly where we will stay.

He’s not good enough to start but I’d have him on the bench for depth and that’s all.
Some agenda spouter will come here & say how we would've won if he started or some other nonsense. We were crap without him, maybe a little less crap with him & that's about it.

I still don't don't get how people say crap like he needs the right partner. He isn’t nearly creative enough to be the advanced playmaker, isn’t athletic enough to get back & defend in a ball dominant side. Only way he becomes passable is when you sit back & defend for your lives hoping to counter with 10 men behind the ball as your team isn’t good enough to play good football.

When nationality & ethnicity takes over sound judgement you start to think this mid table player is some elite player. Sure he is our best midfielder. Look at the table, we're a mid table team after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom