• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can't say I'm looking forward to next season with this clown and the other bloke still here. It's like Wenger's last stand all over again. I can see Xhaka becoming a hate figure at the Emirates.
Let's pray he returns to his early season form for us, where he was quite solid and less error prone.

Going to 3ATB killed Torreira and Xhaka's form. Im praying it was a stopgap due to the injury and balance issues we faced.

I dont think this window was ever going to be the window we let go of Xhaka, we have so many other worries first. If Xhaka still disappoints we can sell him next summer.

It's a lot to expect from youngsters but I hope Guendouzi, Willock and maybe even AMN step up to give Xhaka some good competition this season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Let's pray he returns to his early season form for us, where he was quite solid and less error prone.

Going to 3ATB killed Torreira and Xhaka's form. Im praying it was a stopgap due to the injury and balance issues we faced.

I dont think this window was ever going to be the window we let go of Xhaka, we have so many other worries first. If Xhaka still disappoints we can sell him next summer.

It's a lot to expect from youngsters but I hope Guendouzi, Willock and maybe even AMN step up to give Xhaka some good competition this season.
Yep, competition looks the only hope for anyone who can’t stand the sight of him wearing the shirt. Or a somewhat radical change of formation/tactics.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't say I'm looking forward to next season with this clown and the other bloke still here. It's like Wenger's last stand all over again. I can see Xhaka becoming a hate figure at the Emirates.
Think Emery/Kroenke will be the hate figures if the season doesn’t start well. Emery is under huge pressure, honeymoon period is over after that final.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think Emery/Kroenke will be the hate figures if the season doesn’t start well. Emery is under huge pressure, honeymoon period is over after that final.
To be honest, they’ll all be hate figures. The fans in the stadium know who the biggest underperformers are. They’ll take they opportunities to express their disappointments, you can count on that. You won’t see Emery Out banners yet though.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
To be honest, they’ll all be hate figures. The fans in the stadium know who the biggest underperformers are. They’ll take they opportunities to express their disappointments, you can count on that. You won’t see Emery Out banners yet though.
True. The popular sentiment I have seen in the stadium is not against Emery. People hate Kroenke. They hate Gazidis even more. If he comes back to watch a match, he most probably will go back in an ambulance. There are separate hatred clubs for Iwobi, Xhaka and Mustafi though. They get booed once in a while.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Becoming?

I'd say he already is.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No CL football since this guy and his mate at CB arrived, just a 10-2 hammering in our last appearance in it. Does make you think.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
wfa-logo.png

Harz

The summer we paid £40.5m for him, Kante moved to Chelsea for £32m, Ilkay to City for £24m, and Wijnaldum to Liverpool for £25m.

Oh, we also paid £55m for Mustafi and Perez combined. Also sold Gnabry for £4.5m.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Most unfairly maligned player in our squad.

That would be Mustafi tbf. You see how he got dropped and our defence was still a shambles, he’s no worse than Sokratis & Koscielny.

Xhaka deserves the criticisim, he’s the weak link in the team and a liability.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The summer we paid £40.5m for him, Kante moved to Chelsea for £32m, Ilkay to City for £24m, and Wijnaldum to Liverpool for £25m.

Oh, we also paid £55m for Mustafi and Perez combined. Also sold Gnabry for £4.5m.

Perez and Mustafi fees were inflated due to deadline day but we'd been trying to get Xhaka for a while before we did (Cabaye was also a candidate) to replace Arteta.

To this day, I still don't understand why Wenger moved away from dynamic midfielders to one paced players who passed nicely but couldn't run. I respected Arteta as a professional and he was a much better footballer than Xhaka, but when I look at the profile of players Pochettino introduced to Sp*rs since his arrival (physical, technical, aggressive, tenacious) and what we did in the same time, I find it difficult to solely blame Kroenke for our current state of affairs.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Perez and Mustafi fees were inflated due to deadline day but we'd been trying to get Xhaka for a while before we did (Cabaye was also a candidate) to replace Arteta.

To this day, I still don't understand why Wenger moved away from dynamic midfielders to one paced players who passed nicely but couldn't run. I respected Arteta as a professional and he was a much better footballer than Xhaka, but when I look at the profile of players Pochettino introduced to Sp*rs since his arrival (physical, technical, aggressive, tenacious) and what we did in the same time, I find it difficult to solely blame Kroenke for our current state of affairs.
True. As much as I hate the Cech-only transfer window where a couple more signings could have probably won as that season, I feel that the season when we signed Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez was probably our worst transfer window. It affected us so badly in the long term. We spent close to 80M to downgrade our squad. All these 3 players will probably be sold at a loss if they will even be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom