• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
His contract runs until 2023. I hope he extends. He’s a great player and we need him.
But you tell us he's one of the best midfielders in the world. Why would you want him to linger with us and not playing for one of the best teams in the world like Bayern or Liverpool?
Plus, you've been dodging my questions. Manny, can i call you Manny? I thought we were pals. I'm hurt.

RunTheTrap

I don't want to sound like "Yer da" but obviously loyalty is important in team sports. Not calling Xhaka unloyal or anything like that but it does put into the question of the players mentality. As some one earlier stated, this was like the time Santos asked for Van Persie's shirt after we lost at Old Trafford. Was it the reason we lost? No. But we still remember it because of how embarrassing it looked for us and we questioned if these guys really care. If you can't see that or you just choose not to because your favourite player is being attacked, then you might be part of the problem. @Manberg @kash2

Manberg

Predator

I don't want to sound like "Yer da" but obviously loyalty is important in team sports. Not calling Xhaka unloyal or anything like that but it does put into the question of the players mentality. As some one earlier stated, this was like the time Santos asked for Van Persie's shirt after we lost at Old Trafford. Was it the reason we lost? No. But we still remember it because of how embarrassing it looked for us and we questioned if these guys really care. If you can't see that or you just choose not to because your favourite player is being attacked, then you might be part of the problem. @Manberg @kash2

Was Xhaka chatting with Alioski during the game? I doubt it. At full time, he's free to speak with opposing players I see no wrong with it. Anything you do has no effect on the game. What's the point in fighting at full time?

Manberg

Predator
But you tell us he's one of the best midfielders in the world. Why would you want him to linger with us and not playing for one of the best teams in the world like Bayern or Liverpool?
Plus, you've been dodging my questions. Manny, can i call you Manny? I thought we were pals. I'm hurt.

I'm an Arsenal fan, not a Xhaka fan. I recognise an Arsenal player, Xhaka, to be a very good player.

What questions? I must've missed it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Just watched the video of it, didn't notice it at the time but that's so weird from Xhaka...you would think him and Tierney aren't teammates, with the way Granit is acting...

...da **** :lol:

RunTheTrap

I'm an Arsenal fan, not a Xhaka fan. I recognise an Arsenal player, Xhaka, to be a very good player.

What questions? I must've missed it.[/QUOTE
I asked you if you were in Tierney’s shoes and you had an altercation with someone like we saw today. How would you feel if your friend/colleague/teammate pushed you away to speak with the person you’re fighting with?

Manberg

Predator
I asked you if you were in Tierney’s shoes and you had an altercation with someone like we saw today. How would you feel if your friend/colleague/teammate pushed you away to speak with the person you’re fighting with?

I don't see the relevancy of your question. Football is not personal.

RunTheTrap

I don't see the relevancy of your question. Football is not personal.
Football is 100% personal. Its why we all love the sport so much. Why we fight, laugh, cry etc. You argue for Xhaka like he’s your brother, so don’t tell me now football isn’t personal. I asked you a question that we all know the answer to. If you were in Tierney’s place you would be pissed with Xhaka. Like most people would but you won’t admit that.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Just watched the video of it, didn't notice it at the time but that's so weird from Xhaka...you would think him and Tierney aren't teammates, with the way Granit is acting...

Thought I saw eddie hi five one of their players on the touchline around the 70 minute mark. He gets a free ride it seems..

Manberg

Predator
Football is 100% personal. Its why we all love the sport so much. Why we fight, laugh, cry etc. You argue for Xhaka like he’s your brother, so don’t tell me now football isn’t personal. I asked you a question that we all know the answer to. If you were in Tierney’s place you would be pissed with Xhaka. Like most people would but you won’t admit that.

It can be personal to fans. Players must be professional at all times. They have to set the right example.

Breezy

Is Alioski of Albanian descent? That could be the only explanation, that and Xhaka just being a complete imbecile.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is Alioski of Albanian descent? That could be the only explanation, that and Xhaka just being a complete imbecile.

Macedonian but something like a quarter of the population is ethnically Albanian so I guess they share a lot of culture and customs.

Breezy

Macedonian but something like a quarter of the population is ethnically Albanian so I guess they share a lot of culture and customs.

Just looked on his wiki:

“Eligible to represent North Macedonia(previously known as the Republic of Macedonia) and Albania due to his Albanian heritage, Alioski decided to represent the country of his birth, North Macedonia.[31]After representing North Macedonia at various youth levels, he made his debut for the senior side in 2013.”

Knew it. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I could see why Tierney might have got pissed off looking at Xhaka and Alioski.

In terms of Xhaka, I don’t see the issue, Alioski done what all modern players do, and if he knows the player they can mingle.

If Tierney is angry at Xhaka, he should confront him in the dressing room.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just looked on his wiki:

“Eligible to represent North Macedonia(previously known as the Republic of Macedonia) and Albania due to his Albanian heritage, Alioski decided to represent the country of his birth, North Macedonia.[31]After representing North Macedonia at various youth levels, he made his debut for the senior side in 2013.”

Knew it. :lol:
I don’t see the issue though. Xhaka can mingle with his mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom