• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Haha at you thinking the offer was terrible.

Maybe you don’t watch Arsenal because the guy is junk and serves no purpose whatsoever.
Oh so you got butthurt that I disliked your toxic comment and you decided to spew some toxicity on me 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Even I thought 15M would have been fine. It's still a mystery why no other club came for him though. The only excuse his fans can say for that is Xhaka made it clear he wants to play for Mourinho, which scared other clubs away. But that blame too will fall on Xhaka.
Thats certainly true and I was just thinking that, that it was interesting no one came in for him with a 15m bid.

Vanpayslip

Oh so you got butthurt that I disliked your toxic comment and you decided to spew some toxicity on me 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

No idea what you’re on about. You made an emotional plea about Xhaka. Really tugging the heart string stuff. Im sure it was very heartfelt. Personally I think £12 is too much but you are free to go around telling people £12 million isn’t enough.

His performances this season are surely proving your point.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No idea what you’re on about. You made an emotional plea about Xhaka. Really tugging the heart string stuff. Im sure it was very heartfelt. Personally I think £12 is too much but you are free to go around telling people £12 million isn’t enough.

Emotional plea about Xhaka..... okay?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I’m sure @Red London would take anything for Xhaka if he owned him—this is more about a club refusing to offer at least the going rate for a 28 year old Swiss international captain. Most of us here think he has little use and it appears quite a few football clubs do too, but are you seriously telling me you would have thought we’d struggle to get £15m for him if he were up for sale?

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The Roma saga was all a bit odd. Veretout & Cristante with Pellegrini in front looks very balanced so far... all younger than Xhaka & would go for more than 15m if Roma sold. 🤷‍♂️

Vanpayslip

I’m sure @Red London would take anything for Xhaka if he owned him—this is more about a club refusing to offer at least the going rate for a 28 year old Swiss international captain. Most of us here think he has little use and it appears quite a few football clubs do too, but are you seriously telling me you would have thought we’d struggle to get £15m for him it he were up for sale?

They had offers for him. And they rejected the offers and extended his contract.

But, yes, I do think that. He is no different to Mustafi that got paid off for leaving. If you’re going to turn around and tell me that Xhaka makes a contribution while Mustafi or the other brigade that got their contracts mutually terminated don’t then I have to say I struggle to see where this differentiation is happening.

There was money on the table for him but instead he is the club extended his contract. That says a lot about a club that were actively marketing to sell him until they extended his contract.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Do you think Tenants Super was the first lager to target bums? I mean it tastes ****ing vile which ticks the first box… Closely followed by Carlsberg Special Brew and the shameless Kestrel Suoer Strength, who I know of no other lager in production that carries the brand… Red Stripe’s ‘Crucial Brew’ was a more closet *** lager; you could almost get away with pulling a can of that out among friends until somebody questioned the ‘crucial’ in the name, and then the cat was out the bag once they took a sip. All of them absolutely disgusting it has to be said.
Oh man, you’ve unlocked some serious memories there. Nights in Rusholme, Hulme and Mossside. Crucial Brew or Dragon Stout in hand, showing me the way. Now I think back on it, it was like the purge. Back then Hulme looked like the aftermath of a WW2 bombing and the press called Moss Side ‘baby beruit’

I assume its all gentrified now and theyre all quaffing bottles of Gavi.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Love to come to the Xhaka thread to read discussions on if he is ****, real **** or bottom of the barrel ****!
The whole saga has been quite a ride. Whether once upon a time you thought he was great, decent or trash, it came down to hard cash for the truth to finally be laid bare, and it has done to varying reactions.

But the bottom line is that he is now without question not worth a posh w@nk as a footballer until some dopey club step forward with a bid that would inject some zombie juice into his very dead, once loyal supporters.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Oh man, you’ve unlocked some serious memories there. Nights in Rusholme, Hulme and Mossside. Crucial Brew or Dragon Stout in hand, showing me the way. Now I think back on it, it was like the purge. Back then Hulme looked like the aftermath of a WW2 bombing and the press called Moss Side ‘baby beruit’

Sorry for being clueless, but are you guys from Manchester or did you visit these highlights in connection with games?

Never been to Manchester, made it to Liverpool once in 2015, and that to be honest looked pretty grim. But I am sipping some Aperol Spritz as I type this, so probably not a good judge of that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The whole saga has been quite a ride. Whether once upon a time you thought he was great, decent or trash, it came down to hard cash for the truth to finally be laid bare, and it has done to varying reactions.

But the bottom line is that he is now without question not worth a posh w@nk as a footballer until some dopey club step forward with a bid that would inject some zombie juice into his very dead, once loyal supporters.
What breaks me is how ****ing close we came to finally seeing the back of him. For a brief spell during the summer I was convinced the guy was leaving, only for Arteta or some other lunatic to decide not to sell him and instead extend his contract for another year.

If you want an honest and neutral opinion on a player ask opposing fans or see what interest he generates on the transfer market. With Xhaka that alone should have made us snatch those 10m or 12m or whatever it was, out of Roma's hands before they understood what they were doing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

I never knew you used to sling up north. Dragon Stout was pretty classy… the neck oil choice of the yardies who I used to rob back then. Ive seen a few hipsters swigging on it around here lately. I tried schooling one of them on the violent history of the Stout and he just said “Dude, chill, it’s just a drink mate”. He was right of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom