• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gravesen to Madrid?

KingReyes

Established Member
I think Real have noticed that they couldn't go on the way they were with a totally unbalanced side. Firstly a lack of squad depth totally depending on their tired out galacticos who aren't delivering and having noone in the midfield to win the ball like Makelele was. With Graveson he can do a decent job either from the start or from the bench but he's no Vieira nor Makelele.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
brianfrance said:
He isn't Vieira or Makélélé, but he's cheap !

...which isn´t necessarily an issue Madrid is worried about. :D

Disagree; Madrid dislike to spend money on a non-galactico .They're still interested in Cassano, Totti, Robinho, to say those names only... And strangely, the only names of CM linked to them was Mavuba, Pedretti, Gravesen, Edu...all cheap options...(Vieira wasn't...)
It's clear they want a temporary CM, before opting for another Galactico (Gerrard ?)

patrick42uk

Established Member
gravesen is a good player and i'm pleased he'll get the opportunity to pla at a higher stage (if it happens). thing is though i completely agree with brian france when he says he will be temporary, replaced by a galaktico in the summer. he'll become a squad player but with a far biger chance of winning things. considering his age, i think medals might be more important than the loss of guranteed first team football.

on another note, liverpool have splashed out 6 million for morientes. all in all, the fee for owen has been returned. except madrid get a 24 year old with the potential to be better and liverpool get a 28 year old on the slide. raped.

Weakerthan

Morientes is a target man, much in the mould of Makaay and RVN, so I don't agree he's on the slide whatsoever. He's not even 30 yet. Liverpool should get the best out of him for the next four years.

the dawn raids

Established Member
its a good fit really, hes been loyal to Everton for a while, and now its paying off for him. if he leaves, does this start the Everton slide down the table?

patrick42uk

Established Member
morientes' goals record is much overrated. i think its something like one goal in 3 games. owen's was much better. owen had pace too which is good for this league. it remains to be seen whether morientes will do well here. whilst the french league might be underrated, it remains the closest thing to the premiership in europe IMO. morientes only managed 11 league goals or so in a title-chasing monaco side.

kanuuu

Established Member
Liverpool have other players like Owen, they've Baros and Pongolle for example quick players that like playing off a big man, they lack a quality big man, Mellor is ****. I think Morientes will be more useful in this Liverpool side, he has aerial ability and is good on the ball.

MightyArsenal

Tthe reason why I would say the french league is defensively weak is because Pauleta has been top scorer in previous seasons...and lets be honest, hes **** :lol:

brianfrance

Established Member
MightyArsenal said:
Tthe reason why I would say the french league is defensively weak is because Pauleta has been top scorer in previous seasons...and lets be honest, hes s**t :lol:

Yeah but one thing to know about Pauleta : half of his goals are penalty !!! :lol: (and another half of tap-in :lol: )

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom