• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Harry Redknapp

MAK 14

Established Member
I think he's a good manager, but as people have said above, it was the fact that they sacked Ramos and brought another manager in that gave Tottenham some confidence. Ramos wasn't a good enough manager for the Premier League, and the Sp**s players knew that – so when Tottenham brought Redknapp in, it really boosted them. We'll see if Redknapp and his team can keep this form up, but i don't think they will. They'll finish sixth at very best in my opinion.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Yes, but its not just about this season. He got them to finish 8th after their worst start in their history. He stablised the ship and now he is looking to push on. He has got good man-management skills and has a wealth of experience of the British game. I think he has proven to be a very good appointment and Sp**s are lucky to have him following some poor managerial choices over the last decade.

Sure, he's exactly what they needed and need. But I don't think what he's done has been rocket science. Again, any decent manager - an O'Neill or a Moyes or a Bruce - should be able to take that squad fairly close to the top four.

ricky1985

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Yes, but its not just about this season. He got them to finish 8th after their worst start in their history. He stablised the ship and now he is looking to push on. He has got good man-management skills and has a wealth of experience of the British game. I think he has proven to be a very good appointment and Sp**s are lucky to have him following some poor managerial choices over the last decade.

They bought their way out of trouble in January, and moved quickly up a hugley congested League table. Granted, he hasn't done a bad job, but it's very early days this season, and I won't be at all surprised if they end up with nothing and in mid-table.
Their defnding against Hull was scarily shocking, woeful infact. It's a long season, lets wait and see if they've really pushed on, is all I'm saying.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Got to give him his dues, he's done a fine job so far at Sp**s. You can critisise the amount he's paid for players but you can't argue he's made some very good signings. Seems to have reignited Ekotto and lennon as well.

Unforgiven

Established Member
You just have to look at Redknapps face and you can see the guy could literally have a heart attack in the next few days, the guys face is bright pink for ****s sake. He is a descent manager but also annoying, talks so much crap sometimes.

ibby

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
They bought their way out of trouble in January,

Like us?

and moved quickly up a hugley congested League table. Granted, he hasn't done a bad job, but it's very early days this season, and I won't be at all surprised if they end up with nothing and in mid-table.

Like us?

Their defnding against Hull was scarily shocking, woeful infact. It's a long season, lets wait and see if they've really pushed on, is all I'm saying.

Like us?

outlaw_member

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I don't know Klaus, I think he did a really impressive job at Porstmouth, and could do an even better one with the resources he has at Tottenham. He's started off pretty well, and I can see him building on it. They lack players in certain areas, and you can bet they have the money to rectify it. They don't have Comolli anymore, so it will be interesting just how they work the transfer market. It's hard to judge just what will happen to them, but I am sure they will be a change in direction with the new setup they have now. Time will tell, whether it's for better or worse.

I think he has done that this summer. They have maintained some stability within their squad, and haven't undertaken their usual annual wholesale changes. I think they will finish anywhere between 5th-7th in the league.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't think he's built much. He's just maintained. I don't see a lot of potential in their team either. We'll see in another 10 or 15 games, but I'd be very surprised if they managed to finish within the top 8 this year. They're just not that good. I'll never get the wanking over Palacios either. Vermaelen stole his neck and Steve Bruce took away his football ability. He's just a poor man's Alexandre Song. The Song from the early part of last season, not the current one.

ricky1985

Established Member
ibby said:
ricky1985 said:

Like us?

and moved quickly up a hugley congested League table. Granted, he hasn't done a bad job, but it's very early days this season, and I won't be at all surprised if they end up with nothing and in mid-table.

Like us?

Like us?

What's your point?

outlaw_member

Established Member
They have definitely built upon their good start under Redknapp. Just how much they have improved, will unravel as the season wears on.

ibby

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
ibby said:
ricky1985 said:

Like us?

Like us?

Like us?

What's your point?
The point is you can say that about any team in the world, however I can't help but feel you're being unreasonable and even slightly hypocritical when you write paragraphs like the one below, where you heap praise on a team that has proved as much as Sp**s this season, yet you tell the people that are praising Sp**s the same as you're prasing Arsenal to calm down and not get carried away (yet).

ricky1985 said:
I'm beginning to get the feeling that we have everything we need if we field our best players. Vermaelen is everything I hoped we find in a centreback, and the development Song has made since the beginning of last season is astonishing. Again he offers almost exactly what we need in that holding role, in front of the back four. Even if it is still a little early to be definitive. I can't wait for Arshavin and Eduardo to get regular playing time together. I think we have more quality in our best side than the other top four teams!
I would just like to see us bring in a centreback to provide better cover than Silvestre does, and a defensive midfielder capable of filling in for Song without reducing our level too much.

ricky1985

Established Member
I'm no doubt influenced by the fact I love Arsenal and detest Tottenham. Although to be fair we've played two very good teams away from home, and looked very solid, a complete opposite to last season. Tottenham have played and beaten Liverpool, fair enough, but Hull are probably the worst team the Premier League has ever seen, my local club Leyton Orient would give them a good game. I watched the highlights of that game and Hull could have scored 4 maybe even 5 goals, Tottenham's defending was ridiculous, as it always is.

My instinct is telling me Arsenal have moved up significant levels over the summer break, for various different reasons. It's also telling me Sp**s are gonna be Sp**s. Mid-table mediocrity, a run in the Carling cup if the big clubs allow it, and **** all else.

We'll see in the coming months I guess. I'm just chuffed because a couple of years ago when they had Berbatov and Keane banging in goals for fun, they actually looked like a decent team, and there wasn't a great deal between our team and theirs. In my view that is absolutely not the case anymore, we're in a different solar system to them, in every department. Which is very pleasing.

lagos

Established Member
I like Harry, always have and he's supposed to he a gooner. I only have 2 things against him: 1) he manages Sp**s 2) how could he have produced a dickhead of an offspring like Jamie?

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
I don't know anyone can still believe Harry is a gooner. This is the man who dropped Pompey for Southampton of all clubs, then dropped the Saints for Pompey after he was relegated with the former. Then he dropped Pompey again for Sp**s on the eve of a game. If Harry's a gooner, then he's also a fan of Portsmouth, Sp**s, Southampton, West Ham and any other club that'll give him money. He's a **** of the highest order.

GaelForce22

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
I don't know anyone can still believe Harry is a gooner. This is the man who dropped Pompey for Southampton of all clubs, then dropped the Saints for Pompey after he was relegated with the former. Then he dropped Pompey again for Sp**s on the eve of a game. If Harry's a gooner, then he's also a fan of Portsmouth, Sp**s, Southampton, West Ham and any other club that'll give him money. He's a c**t of the highest order.
They're just his jobs. He was an Arsenal fan while growing up.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
A_Gooner_Matata said:
I don't know anyone can still believe Harry is a gooner. This is the man who dropped Pompey for Southampton of all clubs, then dropped the Saints for Pompey after he was relegated with the former. Then he dropped Pompey again for Sp**s on the eve of a game. If Harry's a gooner, then he's also a fan of Portsmouth, Sp**s, Southampton, West Ham and any other club that'll give him money. He's a c**t of the highest order.
They're just his jobs. He was an Arsenal fan while growing up.

So if Wenger left us for Sp**s, he would just be doing his job? Bollocks. I don't care if he supported us when he was young, he ain't a gooner any longer.

GaelForce22

Established Member
I only said "while growing up". I doubt many of the top guys in the game passionately support a club other than the one they're at, it would be too difficult otherwise.

Alfonso

Established Member
So is George Graham no longer a gooner just because he managed Sp**s?

What about Mickey Thomas? You do know he was a yid right?

Harry used to come to Higbury as a kid as his old man was Arseanl through and through.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
George Graham didn't hop straight from Arsenal to Sp**s and back again.

All I'm saying is that Harry Redknapp has never shown any loyalty during his management career (and didn't even hint at wanting to help Southampton back up, but that's another story), so I doubt he cares much about Arsenal these days at all really.

Coming to Highbury as a kid isn't enough to make me like a man who I find slimy, opportunistic and quite dishonest really. His dad sounds great.

But that's just me...

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom