• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Has Lehmann convinced everybody?

Has lehmann convinced you that hes good enough for arsenal?

• Yes hes arsenal material

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No we should have someone better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seanconvey66

I think Wenger has made a good choice. I mean Fergie has only just found the replacement for Schmeichael, in Howard after 4 or 5 failed attempts. (Bosnich, Taibi, Barthez, Ricardo and Carrol.)I dont think it has been the best signing ever or that he is the best keeper in the world but the transition has been smooth, following Seamans departure so hes done ok.

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
I wouldnt say he was brilliant today. Not for the first time he had hardly anything to do. Our defense is looking rock solid this year and we are doing a great job of preventing teams creating goal scoring chances and getting shots on target from close range.

Jens' all round game was better today, he only messed up one kick instead of his usual three and looked more sure of himself on crosses.

I'd agree with that.

Gooner83

At least hes not doing those frightening rush outs :shock:

They must have worked in the german league. :roll:

D.Dappa

yes, and at 1.5mil, very very smart bit of business........................altho i dont think Wenger will be able to resist Frey in the summer at a snip price.

Andrew

Lehmann shouldn't do long kicks, nor should any of our defenders unless they're under pressure. Even if the kick is good it's rare that our players win the ball. It's just like throw-ins, we are very poor off that as well.

But Jens was good today. Cygan may lack some pace and Lehmann was aware of that so helped him out on occasions. And Lehmann's cross-taking is very good. He missed one, but quickly gathered that one. But there is NO other goalkeeper in the league who comes out that far for crosses like Lehmann does. It's risky but when it works it shuts down attacks just like that. And Lehmann, like him or hate him, made some very good takes today.

Taozhe

Lehman has won me over and has been a super replacement for Seaman this season. he is confident and courageous with his sweeping tackles and his good high ball catching.

For me, he has been one of the important players this season and I hope his form will get better next season. I hope he will not be pass his prime yet :)

Keepers normally peak at their early thirties :)

Vilas

Andrew said:
But there is NO other goalkeeper in the league who comes out that far for crosses like Lehmann does. It's risky but when it works it shuts down attacks just like that.

This makes me really really nervous, but otherwise, I quite like him. Aside from his playing, I like his sense of humor, I always get a kick out of the way he handles strikers who come hassle him/etc.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom