• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepesuave

Happy to see this happen. Aside from his raw pace ( which seems to have receeded in recent years) he has no outstanding quality.

- Average crosser
- Average ball control
- Average passer
- Average defensively

Much rather see AMN there, at least we'll have someone who is better defensively, ball control and passer of the ball.

£30m upfront + 5m would be a good deal for both sides.
Agreed! Folks here need to be realistic with their sale value expectations. Intra-British deals for English players are not realistic benchmarks.
Hakimi, a younger and better RB moved to Inter for €40M so why do we expect PSG to pay more for Bellerin?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Well Partey is more B2B than DM
and atleast we have similar quality in AMN to fill that RB position, we have noone of Partey's quality in midfield for that B2B position.

For me Bellerin is better than AMN right now as a RB but our midfield is poverty and needs reinforcements.

If PSG or Bayern pay us 40m+ for him then I would take it, I might even go down to 35m if its mostly straight cash but anything below is just not enough for a player of his quality even with covid financial hit.

Also everyone who was saying Bellerin is not good enough for Arsenal, where u guys at now. Three of the biggest clubs in world football want him
The biggest clubs want him because we're letting him go way below his value. I know everyone is raving about AMN in the community shield, but I felt Bellerin outperformed him. He's at least two levels above AMN going forward and about the same defensively. Also I don't think we need to be spending 50m on CM. Someone like Sangare is available for 10m odd and would do nearly the same job as Partey. Sell Martinez, Guendouzi and Torreira to get 50m odd more to add Aouar and our midfield is sorted without sacrificing Bellerin.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Honestly, where does this myth that Maitland-Niles is a better passer of the ball than Bellerín come from?

It really couldn't be farther from the truth. Look at Bellerín's ball down the line to Saka in the lead up to the goal the other day. That wouldn't have happened with Maitland-Niles.

Bellerín isn't a special passer or anything, and I agree with selling him to raise funds (don't want stuff like Sangare; Partey, Aouar, maybe Soumare, but nothing cheap, buy well or don't buy), as without his pace he's nothing special (though a decent RB for a top side), but some of the hyperbole/poor reading of what AMN is is rather odd.

Kysus

Pepe with Bellerin was brutal to watch at times.
Bellerin is a good, solid RB but for the way we want to play he is a liability more often than asset so selling makes sense.

AMN has been questionable positionally and it's essential that Mikel helps him there but ability on the ball he is just m(n) iles ahead of Hector, who moves like a tree.

GunnerShy

Agreed! Folks here need to be realistic with their sale value expectations. Intra-British deals for English players are not realistic benchmarks.
Hakimi, a younger and better RB moved to Inter for €40M so why do we expect PSG to pay more for Bellerin?

Why would I expect him to go for more? A couple of simple reasons:
Hakimi had just completed a two year loan at Dortmund. He had two years left on his contract. He was deemed surplus to requirements at RM. By comparison, Bellerin is our starter, and has been when fit since he took over from Debuchy. We will either need to reinvest to replace of accept downgrading our RB position.

The second point: Paris have deeeeeeeep pockets. They're unaffected by Covid-19 in reality.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Absolutely nothing through today on this. Usually means something has gone down, fully expecting it to be done by the end of the week.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Maybe his agent told psg he is for sale but why they play down the bid when all reliable media said they made 30m offer?
Maybe they don't want to look desperate so Arsenal won't set the fee too high? Make it seem like they're looking at other options besides Hector.

SK Lation

Don't get the logic in this. Hector could've been offered to them and they may have offered that 25+5 afterwards nevertheless. It doesn't play down anything, just makes them look less desperate to get him. Usual business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom