• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Really don't understand the hand jobbing over Bellerin.

Don't get me wrong hes a good right back, but if he was at Chelsea would we be clamouring to sign him for 50M or more? Absolutely not.

Trent is worl

You have kimmich and trent who put up elite numbers going forward. You have AWB who puts up elite numbers defensively. Then you have Bellerin who puts up okay numbers in both. He isnt special at anything, which means his value is around 30M. Maximum 35.

Also PSG are supposedly looking at Aarons as well who would be a lot cheaper.
In the PL alone these are the RBs who out peformed Bellerin last season producing more good performances at RB.

AMN
Chambers
AMN
Sokratis
Walker
Canexlo
AWB
Ward
Aarons
TAA
Lamptey
James
Periera
Coleman
Doherty
Walker peters
Bardsley

Bellerin came back from a torned acl give him some time he will show where he is capable off

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin came back from a torned acl give him some time he will show where he is capable off

He was poor for several years prior to his ACL.

Weird how Bellerin, Ramsey and Diaby are the only players who get excused for long term poor form months after their injuries whilst others get immediately criticised.

Zazu

Offers nothing going forward but are you seriously suggesting Bellerin is better defensively?

Honestly don't think there's much in it, Bardsley is solid enough defensively to play in Burnley's system but it's not as if Bellerin has terrible marking, positioning etc.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
In the PL alone these are the RBs who out peformed Bellerin last season producing more good performances at RB.

AMN
Chambers
AMN
Sokratis
Walker
Canexlo
AWB
Ward
Aarons
TAA
Lamptey
James
Periera
Coleman
Doherty
Walker peters
Bardsley

Its impressive how long you keep this up for. Trolling par excellence. Or possibly lunacy - its hard to tell.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know Bellerin hasn't been good since returning from that ACL injury. But there's evidence to suggest that he's been improving since Arteta's been here.

But to suggest that aurier, Chambers and Sokratis are better than him is just pure banter post.

There's a reason that the clubs after him are all clubs better than us (Bayern, Juve and PSG)

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
But not one on that list has worse postional awarness than Bellerin.

I am still awaiting for somone to answer my Aurier question? Because "top quality RB" doesnt have a single attribute better than Sp**s RB flop.:lol:

Not one on that list....um

Walker. Cancelo. TAA. Aarons. James. Doherty. Walker-Peters. Lamptey.

All rubbish positionally in the defensive third. Bellerin may not be top draw defensively, but he's as good as any of those - even if Walker's superior physicality helps him out a lot. There's a reason why we've got lots of joy against those guys.

As for Aurier. The obvious think Bellerin has over him is that he's not a total nut-job. Aurier has the attributes to be a top full back but has no concentration, terrible decision making and makes the much missed Frank Sinclair look mistake free.

If you actually believe what you type you are deranged, and if you don't you are tedious.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Compared to Chilwell, Bellerin is not national team player. Almost 2 years older than him.

He has played ~1100 minutes in EPL last season, and season before ~1500 minutes.

Coming back from a bad injury. If he had one proper season with much minutes under his belt, and got his lightning pace back, he would be worth more.

Currently he is 30-40 million player.

Comparing his international situation to Chilwell is meaningless. England literally have no-one else competent who can stay fit to pick at left back. And not much more at right back. If Bellerin was English he'd have loads of caps. Carl Jenkinson is an England International FFS. Spain have rather better resources at their disposal.

Chilwell is slightly better technically than Bellerin, no better defensively (I think slightly worse) and not as quick.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Comparing his international situation to Chilwell is meaningless. England literally have no-one else competent who can stay fit to pick at left back. And not much more at right back. If Bellerin was English he'd have loads of caps. Carl Jenkinson is an England International FFS. Spain have rather better resources at their disposal.

Chilwell is slightly better technically than Bellerin, no better defensively (I think slightly worse) and not as quick.

I'm just saying that international status means more fans for a player, more windows to show his abilities etc. This means higher transfer value.

Many players who have succeeded in tournaments, have gone for big amounts of money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Really short:lol:
Untitled.jpg

lomekian

Essays are my thing
For me, all things being equal, £30m + add ons would be a fair price for Hector, but his home grown status and strong relationship with the club (and everyone speaks highly of him) add to that value. Its entirely possible that because of that, he's worth more to us than he is to PSG, who don't have to worry about needing 8 UK trained first team players.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'm just saying that international status means more fans for a player, more windows to show his abilities etc. This means higher transfer value.

Many players who have succeeded in tournaments, have gone for big amounts of money.

Clubs aren't run by idiots who think a few international games are more important than actual level. And most clubs have stopped buying average players on the back on a good tournament. I think your view WAS accurate a decade or so ago, but analytics have changed things.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Clubs aren't run by idiots who think a few international games are more important than actual level. And most clubs have stopped buying average players on the back on a good tournament. I think your view WAS accurate a decade or so ago, but analytics have changed things.

I was just putting together reasons as to why Chilwell is worth more currently, that being one of the many reasons.

Another reason is that PSG has no use of HG status while Chelsea has. And PSG is likely the club Bellerin wants.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I was just putting together reasons as to why Chilwell is worth more currently, that being one of the many reasons.

Another reason is that PSG has no use of HG status while Chelsea has. And PSG is likely the club Bellerin wants.

Chilwell isn't worth more - but he's worth more to Chelsea. No one else would have paid that for him. They were desperate for a LB and desperate for a HG player. And to appease the old NF boys that still make up a large part of their fanbase ;-)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I get the reason why his pice tag is quite low compared to players of similar quality or worse quality than him are going for 50m+.
I reckon if we were selling Bellerin to Liverpool or Chelsea or a PL club, he'd probably be worth 55-60m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom