• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Heurelho Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergy_1995

More likely to go to Sp**s if it came down to a "war" for him. Better first team opportunities with Robbo & Cerny on the way out. We've still got our Number 1 in Almunia who looks to be going nowhere, and Fabianski waiting in the wings. Is Lehmann retiring this summer?

arsmile

Established Member
i dont think i wan' him.....he smells...

...he's like if jens stopped taking his medication

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
If your one of the best keepers in euope why go from PSV to Sp**s......

Surely he'll go to a team that plays CL football, but hey I could be wrong

nazo

Established Member
Arsenal are reportedly stepping up their interest in signing PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa and Valencia striker David Villa a trio who would set the club back £45m+ to secure. (Daily Star)

kooldawg

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Arsenal are reportedly stepping up their interest in signing PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, Lyon winger Hatem Ben Arfa and Valencia striker David Villa a trio who would set the club back £45m+ to secure. (Daily Star)

Probably not going to happen, but boy won't that be nice ;)

thegame24

Established Member
would send a message.

But tbh, with gilberto probab;y going and maybe one more outfield player, we may need 1 squad player

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
illmatik said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
If your one of the best keepers in euope why go from PSV to Sp**s......
There's not a chance in hell he's one of Europe's best goalkeepers.

He's definitely in the top 10
Definitely not.

Buffon, Casilias, JulioCesar, Cech, Frey, Akinfeev, Coupet, Enke, Neuer, VDS

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Didn't he set all sorts of clean-sheet and minutes not-scored records in the Dutch division?

The only question should be is he a lot better than what we have? Who the hell has the time to watch and anaIyse properly (by that I mean lots and lots of games) 10+ GKs anyway and then enough of this guy to compare? Fair play to you if you can.

I haven't seen him a great deal, but Clockwork thinks highly of him and he doesn't seem to me to be someone prone to empty words.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
PSV's 'CEO' Reker has just said he's not leaving, which basically means Gomes will. A lousy 14M euri (which is a little less than the 12M mentioned in the thread title) & he's ours.

Gurgen

Established Member
A steal at that price.

I'd love for us to get him but I fear it's not going to happen.

JazzG

Established Member
I can't see us doing any transfer business until the season is over but I fear he might be snapped up before that. On one hand I hopeful that Wenger will see some sense and strengthen the GK, CB and CM department but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if his seemingly blind belief in our squad means we don't strengthen.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
JazzG said:
I can't see us doing any transfer business until the season is over but I fear he might be snapped up before that. On one hand I hopeful that Wenger will see some sense and strengthen the GK, CB and CM department but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if his seemingly blind belief in our squad means we don't strengthen.
That's always irritated me. We should act & complete our signings asap. Not risk not getting a player because ofovernegotiating, trying to get him on the cheap, taking too long.

I don't think Wenger has blind belief, but in general, do not rate the goalies he picks, same goes to a lesser degree for most CDs. Think we'll buy a top player, will probably be somebody able of playing wide midfield.

JazzG

Established Member
The worrying thing for me has always been how we are linked with top goalies yet never sign them for some reason or another. The more I think about it the more less likely I think we will sign Gomes is.

Sometimes I really do lose faith with how we act in the transfer market. If we don't act properly in the transfer market this summer and win nothing again next season Wenger and some people in the board will be under intense pressure to move on and possibly rightly so. They have all done a great job bringing us this far but we have to move up a step now as well, we can't get stuck in the comfort zone like are now. I was speaking to one gooner who goes to matches and he was so pissed off at how the Arsenal fans pay possibly the highest ticket prices in the whole world yet act like such a bunch of cheapskates in the transfer market. Even JGooner who is a matching going Gooner mentioned how we are now a super club in terms of finance yet don't act like one. We would rather go around as a club and boast about how we signed players on the cheap but clubs who financially supposedly weaker than us are doing big and good business in the transfer market. As fans who cough up thousands and thousands of pounds every season they deserve to see the biggest players grace our pitch and want to see this club be linked with the big players. Last summer despite our squad being weak I find it scandalous that we actually made a profit on transfers despite knowing we are relying on injury prone players and our squad doesn't have enough quality in reserve. We are being run too much as a business than a football club. Yeah it is great to boast about it to other fans but you don't win extra trophies for doing well on the cheap especially when you have money to spend. We just can't keep going on like this, the clubs around us are spending like crazy and their squads are becoming stronger and stronger and yet we sit here with a squad which realistically just about is enough to to cope with going for the League and CL so are having to stick reserve players in the FA cup and Carling cup. That is a joke.

I think he does believe in his players too much and they sometimes take advantage of that, if we had won the league this summer I bet we wouldn't of been strengthening as much but I can't say the same for Man utd because they will bolster their squad if they win or not. Like I've said before this is why I feel unlike Ferguson has done Wenger won't ever dominate an era in football like he has. Fergie has made some mistakes recently but more often than not he is very pro-active in the transfer market whereas we can be seen to be reactive and will only act when something goes wrong. If it happens once you think fair enough but it has happened 3 or 4 times now and yes sometimes money has been a problem but it wasn't last summer and it wasn't back in 1998.

I hope I'm completely wrong and Wenger makes me eat my words but the more I think about this club the more depressed I get sometimes about how things are going. On one hand I think surely Wenger will strengthen and I'm sure there will be some signings this summer but on the other hand I always worry there won't be as well.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I will be very worrying if Arsenal enter the next season with only Almunia and Fabianski. Wenger wants to assess Fabiansku in the remainlng league games. But I can't see Fabianski suddenly become a No.1 goalie challenger in just two games. The Pole isn't the No1 keeper for Poland, so any hope of massive inprovement from him after EURO'08 is out of windows as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom