• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hildbrand leaves Stuttgart

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, don't you think Lehmann will be on at least that?

It's not a lot for a player at his level, expecially at Arsenal.

He's not coming though, is he? We're getting our hopes up, so we can have a go at Wenger when he joins UNited. :roll:

Sammer

Established Member
I would be surprised, if Hildebrandt does not have some kind of pre-contract already - either with Bayern or ManU, maybe he is even in talks with Arsenal or Liverpool.

Basically, the Stuttgart executive said: it was not really about the money anymore, but Timo made clear, that he wants to leave (for reasons of joining a bigger, well established club).

Remember, Timo was on a very "low" salary (500.000 Euros = 330.000 pounds).

I suspect, that either ManU (Fergie was obviously impressed by Timo last year, when Stuttgart played ManU in the CL) or Bayern (however, they claim to stick with Oliver Kahn at least until 2006) are after him.

The suspected fall out with Lehmann might have alerted Wenger, but I doubt that we are really after Hildebrand.

Gunner4life09

i believe we should sign him now. make a deal lehman+cash for timo. it be good for both clubs. Stuggart won't be empty handed when timo leaves and we get a great keeper without having to fight of man utd.

I really hope he hasn't signed a pre-contract with any club . . . i think he has what it takes to cement a no.1 here at arsenal.

the dawn raids

Established Member
theguvnor said:
We NEED this keeper, we need a top top keeper to build a defence around, this lad is the most highly rated goalkeeper ive heard of in a long time, this is the perfect time to get him, who cares what his wages are, we really need him.

exactly. goalkeeping talent like this doesnt become free very often, especially when we have a potentially huge bargaining tool in any deal in Lehmann. make the deal.

Ridge

oh man i want him so desperately. i'll be pissed if we dont sign him, more pissed if he goes to old trafford. :|

Taozhe

I will stay calm and think we won't get this guy. We are not blessed with financial power and club prestige to lure him to Arsenal. The highest possibility for now is Bayern Munich and ManUtd.

It will be great if we could. It would strengthen us indefinitely and ideal for a long term.

Sammer

Established Member
Taozhe said:
I will stay calm and think we won't get this guy. We are not blessed with financial power and club prestige to lure him to Arsenal. The highest possibility for now is Bayern Munich and ManUtd.

It will be great if we could. It would strengthen us indefinitely and ideal for a long term.

Same here. Let´s not get to excited about a player, who will most likely sign for the ****.

Still, this is the opportunity to get a top quality keeper talent, that will make us gooners (most likely) happy for the next 8-10 years.

But as ManU is looking for a keeper (and maybe Liverpool), we have tough competitors money-wise. So the swap-option is the only thing that speaks for Arsenal. Other than that, I can see Timo joining ManU.

AFCG7

Established Member
Look ..the way i see it if Wenger isnt willing to invest in a top keeper its no point bringing someone foreign who will do no better than Taylor and Stack..if he's worried about funds give Stu a go and forget these other keepers he wants to bring in.Give our guys a chance.

A

Anonymous

Sanyasi,

the link mentions Euros !

So it´s 104.000 Pounds/month = 26.000/week. It´s a high wage, but considering what a good goalkeeper can do for a team, it´s reasonable.
who said it was alot? 26k a week is nothing FOR FOOTBALLERS, for you and me its amazing money, but our reserve/squad players will be on more than that EASILY. 26k is pocket money for big clubs, taylor and stack would be on around that, lemon would be on around 50k a week id hazard a guess.

sanyasi

oops :eek:ops:

i divided by 12 instead of 52. now that the REAL math is done, we can actually get him for real cheap!

Atr

I'm sure there'll be lots of offers from England and around Europe. It'll come down to who he picks.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
When are we able to offer him a contract? Do we have to wait until his contract expires, or can we begin some sort of negotiations now?

Sammer

Established Member
Kind of funny seeing Hildebrand in the "Continental" (auto tires) spot on Sky sports before the match yesterday...

A

Anonymous

Canuck said:
Well obviously Stuttgart wouldn't give him the deal he wanted, He must be asking for too much. Wenger wouldn't sign a player who wanted huge wages.
He could also be asking for too much because he wants to move to another, bigger, club, and wouldn't mind accepting lower [than what he is asking] wages there - or something

Sammer

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:
Canuck said:
Well obviously Stuttgart wouldn't give him the deal he wanted, He must be asking for too much. Wenger wouldn't sign a player who wanted huge wages.
He could also be asking for too much because he wants to move to another, bigger, club, and wouldn't mind accepting lower [than what he is asking] wages there - or something

That´s what it was all about.

Stuttgart just cannot offer the opportunities of a big european club. Even if they qualify for the CL (which they did not last year), they will be most likely out after the first round.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think we are able to offer him a pre-contract now (unless we wanted to buy him during january at a knock down price) and he would "officially" be able to sign at the end of the season.... isn't that how bosmans work?

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'll be damned if Arsenal don't do all they can to sign him. Surely there wouldnt be a better chance to get a quality keeper. Its not as if we have to pay VfB Stuttgart anything....!

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Latest posts

Top Bottom