• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 945,343
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think including any swaps will get this done. Maybe they'll take Laca back but even that's a longshot IMO. RE Guendouzi, not only has his antics really dented his value for us, but Lyon don't need Guendouzi in return, they'll probably use their incredible academy to replace Aouar - maybe Caquaret becomes more prominent alongside Jeff.

We could stagger the payments but I'd imagine we'll have to recoup to get Aouar by selling elsewhere rather than relying on swaps.

This is where the club missed a trick in constantly briefing the press that his attitude was unacceptable.

One thing I liked about Wenger was that he always had the players’ backs. When Alexis was clearly in decline he put it all on the stress of the contract situation, never mentioned a bad word about the players.

He probably showed too much loyalty because we turned down some good fees but sh*tting on your players to the press just tanks their value.

Just leave Guendouzi out and come up with some bullsh*t then sell him in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is better deal than Coutinho he younger very talented and with way less wages. But spending 50m on him 50m on Partey then 30M at least on CB for us that alot of money but if we got very decent money from sales it could happen.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is where the club missed a trick in constantly briefing the press that his attitude was unacceptable.

One thing I liked about Wenger was that he always had the players’ backs. When Alexis was clearly in decline he put it all on the stress of the contract situation, never mentioned a bad word about the players.

He probably showed too much loyalty because we turned down some good fees but sh*tting on your players to the press just tanks their value.

Just leave Guendouzi out and come up with some bullsh*t then sell him in the summer.
I think the club feel it's a good idea to give off an air of transparency because of how huge and consequently involved the fans currently are. Wenger definitely preferred to keep the cards closer to the chest but nowadays it feels like the club are constantly trying to send subs out to the fans.

I don't really mind either way but it does make us a bit more predictable.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Would GFFN have added in the word "swiftly" if it was any other club than Arsenal?

Can't ****ing wait for PSG to knock themselves out of the Champions League :drool:
Why do they hate us lol, I thought they only had beef with Emery?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why do they hate us lol, I thought they only had beef with Emery?

Someone said an Arsenal fan on twitter made a parody account of them and GFFN took it in a very Michael Jordan way.

You would think they would love us considering French football was at it's peak late 1990s/early 2000s, with Arsenal probably being the main reason why...most of their best players played for us, legendary French manager here.

GFFN are very weird.

Bloodbather

Established Member

You would think they would love us considering French football was at it's peak late 1990s/early 2000s, with Arsenal probably being the main reason why...most of their best players played for us, legendary French manager here.

It extends even further than that I think, because France's current golden generation were youngsters when Arsenal were at the top of their game with a very French-heavy make up and that surely became an early inspiration for them.

Divided_Pie

He looks like a better version of Ceballos.

I really wonder what Arteta is going to do formation-wise. Obviously he'll switch things up but it I wonder if he'll stick to a fair amount of 3-4-3, which means instead of dropping a CM deep between the CBs, you have Luiz there, in which case Aouar would play deeper. In that scenario I wonder if Willian could play RWB.

I agree with the sentiment that we need a player to overlap Pepe on the right side because Pepe really needs the right half space available to him. Willian could be that player as an AM in the 433/4231 or as RWB in the 343.

If Arteta wants to play4-3-3 with two #8's then who becomes the DCM/DLP? Arsenal don't have anyone to play that position unless you think Torreira can cope physically (I don't). Diawara could do that - would definitely need two creative #8's in front.

I suspect we might see more 3-4-3 that most would like. Suits a lot of the players that Arteta favors and young CBs like Saliba and Gabriel would likely adjust more quickly in a back 3 with Luiz between them.

Sydney-Gooner

Great point. Hopefully someone in the hierarchy brings it up with him because being a rookie manager he still has a great deal of learning to do especially when it comes to the nuances of transfers.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can’t see this happening. No way we can buy him and get Partey as well, especially as it looks like we’re going to struggle to bring in any funds from sales. I suppose the only way they can do it is buy dropping the Partey interest, swapping Torreira for Diawara and then sign Aouar instead. The only thing in our favour is we could probably structure the deal and not have to pay anything up front.

It feels like it’s been leaked to get someone like City or someone else to hurry up and buy him.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If City buy him then we should enquire about Foden. Arteta can sweet talk him about the project and he has some English boys his own age to chill with.

Why would Lyon want Guendouzi when they just signed Bruno in January? I think in this situation we don't really have a player we could use to entice them to sell. Even Lacazette would be purely sentimental rather than practical for their squad. I think similarly to the Partey deal we have to pay up or look elsewhere.

field442

Trusted ⭐
I wonder how many low rate English journalists will copy this story and say the club see him as an alternative to Partey.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If City buy him then we should enquire about Foden. Arteta can sweet talk him about the project and he has some English boys his own age to chill with.

Why would Lyon want Guendouzi when they just signed Bruno in January? I think in this situation we don't really have a player we could use to entice them to sell. Even Lacazette would be purely sentimental rather than practical for their squad. I think similarly to the Partey deal we have to pay up or look elsewhere.

Already been said that City don't want a midfielder this summer.

I knew we would be in for him in some regard.

If we can make sales and get the cash together hes ours. Id much prefer us to get him and Partey over Ceballos and Partey any day. My god what a signing that would be.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Already been said that City don't want a midfielder this summer.

I knew we would be in for him in some regard.

If we can make sales and get the cash together hes ours. Id much prefer us to get him and Partey over Ceballos and Partey any day. My god what a signing that would be.

Where do we make the sales? Martinez and AMN seem like the only two players with decent value we will be able to sell. Someone might buy Holding for £10m I suppose. Torreira seems more like a swap or loan with an option and nobody wants Guendouzi.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He looks like a better version of Ceballos.

I really wonder what Arteta is going to do formation-wise. Obviously he'll switch things up but it I wonder if he'll stick to a fair amount of 3-4-3, which means instead of dropping a CM deep between the CBs, you have Luiz there, in which case Aouar would play deeper. In that scenario I wonder if Willian could play RWB.

I agree with the sentiment that we need a player to overlap Pepe on the right side because Pepe really needs the right half space available to him. Willian could be that player as an AM in the 433/4231 or as RWB in the 343.

If Arteta wants to play4-3-3 with two #8's then who becomes the DCM/DLP? Arsenal don't have anyone to play that position unless you think Torreira can cope physically (I don't). Diawara could do that - would definitely need two creative #8's in front.

I suspect we might see more 3-4-3 that most would like. Suits a lot of the players that Arteta favors and young CBs like Saliba and Gabriel would likely adjust more quickly in a back 3 with Luiz between them.

Parteys progressive stats are very impressive. Over 6 forward thinking passes per game. He offers a lot more than people think.

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar

Is some midfield. Diawara is definitely not an option to replace Partey, Diawara is purely a deeper player.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Parteys progressive stats are very impressive. Over 6 forward thinking passes per game. He offers a lot more than people think.

Xhaka
Partey - Aouar

Is some midfield. Diawara is definitely not an option to replace Partey, Diawara is purely a deeper player.

—-Xhaka—-Diawara
——-—Aouar————

That also works and is probably easier to do on our budget.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@field442 the window opened 12 days ago, theres two months to sell players.

Holding and Chambers are easy sales to English clubs.

Guendouzi has a lot of interest and could easily go to PSG after they are out of the CL.

Torreira might be a swap but Fiorentina have supposedly offered a 5m loan with obligation to buy at 20m next summer, meaning you could use that cash this summer.

AMN could easily be sold, like you say as could Martinez. Both together is basically another 40-50M.

Yes its easier said than done, but I'd rather move on fringe players and vastly improve our starting 11 with signings like Aouar and Partey.

Hopefully I'm thinking Stan can fund the deals to start with and then when sales are made and we have money back in it eventually will break even. Edu said we will be making sales and signings so watch this space i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom