• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 946,394
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

To be honest, the whole Tier-X thing, whilst being helpful, is not waterproof.

From experience I'd say you can kinda separate absolute bullshit sources that never had any sourcey to begin with from those that did/do, but you cannot easily evaluate much more than that, since every year seems different.

Even the best sources like Orni can have the best infos for a few years but all of a sudden don't, because of potential changes in a club with the sources lost or less informed...

It is a very dynamic market so to speak.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is a comparison to be made between Rasmey and Aouar in terms of the position they play. Both can play out wide/10/8 in a 433. Ramsey was great next to Xhaka in the 343 as well, suspect Aouar would be good there too.

Style wise they're quite different. Aouar is technically cleaner, Ramsey more direct with his game.

We've needed a player like this since Ramsey left.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey is a good player, but Aouar isn’t really anything like him, so why are we discussing Aaron here?

Well my whole point would be that that statement is up for debate. Players don't have to be identical to share similarities and I'd say it's a legitimate comparison. Ramsey was a CM who got up the pitch, as is Aouar, just cos they do it in slightly different ways doesn't mean you can't compare them.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well my whole point would be that that statement is up for debate. Players don't have to be identical to share similarities and I'd say it's a legitimate comparison. Ramsey was a CM who got up the pitch, as is Aouar, just cos they do it in slightly different ways doesn't mean you can't compare them.
Yeah fair enough on the position, but stylistically I think they’re very different players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Its the deadest comparison I've seen on here. Ramsey was good but technically he was pretty tragic. Bloke would try random flicks and they'd often come off but he wasn't technically sound at all.

Its like saying let's compare Firmino and Lewandowski because they both play up front.

If you want a fair comparison toAouar's game it would be someone like David Silva when he first came onto the scene.

Moah

The hype this guy is getting is starting to feel like he's destined for failure before he kicks a ball for us.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
IF we do sign Aouar, its going to be really interesting to see where he plays. Without Partey, I really can't see us being able to play a 433 effectively with the current midfielders we have. I'd suspect he will either play next to Xhaka in the 343, or as a 10 in a 4231.

He definitely gives us loads of options.

Xanth

IF we do sign Aouar, its going to be really interesting to see where he plays. Without Partey, I really can't see us being able to play a 433 effectively with the current midfielders we have. I'd suspect he will either play next to Xhaka in the 343, or as a 10 in a 4231.

He definitely gives us loads of options.

I see this a lot but I don't really get it. Partey has only ever played in a double pivot in a defensive system. The role of a number 6 in a possession-based system is considerably different. Look at Kante's struggles in the past couple of years.

For what it's worth, Atletico fans seem to rate him more as a box-to-box midfielder and not someone who's necessarily great defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom