• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 950,104
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only problem I see is that will Arteta use 4-3-3? Has there been signs for it?

I though the same that we could use that formation against lesser teams.

This is why I first said that sign Ødegaard & Aouar. But now I'm thinking should be replace Elneny with someone like Zakaria if Arteta won't use 4-3-3.
no because we really don't have the numbers and players to try it if we play Partey Xhaka Sambi as 3 midfield it offer us so little going forward but if you put guy like Aouar there it'll change it massively i'm just predicting our club don't like take risks but if Maddison deal is difficult then getting Aouar and Ødegaard for combained 60-65M it's massive improvement too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He will if Elneny doesn't play half of the EPL games like last season, along with Ceballos.

The thing is though he wasn’t signed for the first team right?

Everyone being fit you’d assume it’d be Partey-Xhaka.

He might play a lot for us but I doubt it was planned he would.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The thing is though he wasn’t signed for the first team right?

Everyone being fit you’d assume it’d be Partey-Xhaka.

He might play a lot for us but I doubt it was planned he would.
You mean the starting line-up? Of course not yet.

Still especially after pre-season I have no doubts he will be better than Elneny already. Elneny played 1452 minutes in EPL last season. That's a crime.

It's a massive upgrade if Elneny doesn't play much or at all in EPL.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Red flags for me with Aouar. Can't dispute his talent or ability but why has no other biggish club snapped him up over the past 12-18 months? It's not like Lyon are overvaluing him.

Something's wrong here. Feels like we're desperately working our way down our shopping list, trying to pull something off.

We'll probably be sniffing around Fekir tomorrow.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Will be ok with this only if we get him + Ødegaard

Also loan with option sounds good for me. If he plays well we can get him for a preset price.

Goonger

if it's loan plus option this is terrible deal unless they have first refusal to buy him because someone else can buy him i thought Gollini deal was loan plus option not Romero lol.

Yeah, usually loan with option gives the buying club first refusal at the agreed price.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You mean the starting line-up? Of course not yet.

Still especially after pre-season I have no doubts he will be better than Elneny already. Elneny played 1452 minutes in EPL last season. That's a crime.

It's a massive upgrade if Elneny doesn't play much or at all in EPL.

Although i agree with your general point, 90 of those minutes were the best individual performance of any last season.

**** on Elneny, just dont have diarrhea on him i beg

drippin

Although i agree with your general point, 90 of those minutes were the best individual performance of any last season.

**** on Elneny, just dont have diarrhea on him i beg
I said this 2,5 years ago, and have also praised his personality as a squad player. I'm just totally done with him now, especially as I see him play half of the league games. That's fxcked up.

If you see me mocking Elneny, I'm just taking the piss. I need to vent my frustration somewhere. Others do it to Xhaka and all the better players in our squad.
I like Elneny as a squad player, but an upgrade with potential would be great as the Everton match was horrible to watch along with some other performances I think. Not his fault totally but part of the midfield and was substituted at halftime.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They will never accept a loan with an option to buy. The guy has 2 years in contract.
You maybe right however if he did well here they would sell him. At the moment it really doesnt look like there is a big line to buy him this window.

It really depends on their cash situation.

Teams need to be more creative.

Id certainly take a similar deal for Hector & probably others in the current climate.

Halcyon Daze

Red flags for me with Aouar. Can't dispute his talent or ability but why has no other biggish club snapped him up over the past 12-18 months? It's not like Lyon are overvaluing him.

Something's wrong here. Feels like we're desperately working our way down our shopping list, trying to pull something off.

We'll probably be sniffing around Fekir tomorrow.
Defo. But it’s £20m (ish), and we start the season tomorrow with zero creativity. There is limited risk with this. He has the ability, that’s clear.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
if it's loan plus option this is terrible deal unless they have first refusal to buy him because someone else can buy him i thought Gollini deal was loan plus option not Romero lol.
I honestly thought it was loan with obligation.
If true they will have 1st refusal though im sure so in many ways its a good deal for Sp**s.

If Romero flops they send him back.
If he does well Levy will likely then offer them half that 🤣

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Only problem I see is that will Arteta use 4-3-3? Has there been signs for it?
He said in December he wants to play that system:
In an interview with Dazn journalist Nacho González, Arteta made clear that formations are not the be-all and end-all, although he does have an end goal in mind.

“For me the way we occupy space and who is going to move in there is more important than the formation,” he said.

“And from there we have some very similar players that are not used to play in those positions so we have to keep changing the formation a little bit.

“We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it.

“The aggressiveness, the effectiveness, the amount of steals we make in opposition half I think we have been very steady against some big clubs.

“I think that what we miss is in the opponent’s area and the last part of the pitch. We have to find the key in the attack, that last decision, that last pass, that last cross to create a goal situation, a goal, a shot, a corner, etc.”

drippin

He said in December he wants to play that system:
“I think that what we miss is in the opponent’s area and the last part of the pitch. We have to find the key in the attack, that last decision, that last pass, that last cross to create a goal situation, a goal, a shot, a corner, etc.”
Nice find, thanks!

So obviously my first suggestion to buy both Ødegaard & Aouar for Maddison fee would be great.

Partey, Xhaka and Sambi can play DMF.

This would be great against lesser teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom