• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How good is fifa2004

SydneyGunnerFan

hey
if anyone has got this game can you let me know if it is any good or not because i am thinking about getting this game for christmas so someone tell me how the game is

thanks

Andrew

Get PES3 instead. You'll play PES3 forever but FIFA 2004 will only last for a few weeks at most. And I've bought every single version of FIFA up until now, so I know... I tried the demo of 2004 and although it's better, it's still far, far from complete.

Wheelori

is a very good game, it looks much the same as last seasons, but upon playing the game, you realise the gameplay is much improved. the new off the ball controls really do enable you to create the perfect goal.

Andrew

Jinn said:
I think it's pretty good. Gets better the more you play it.

The more I play it the more I find out how **** it is. Long shots are easier than close range shots, shots are like rockets, the AI always attacks through the centre etc... This game is far from being great. As soon as the PES3 demo came out I have not loaded the FIFA 2004 demo once!

Andrew

Crazysah said:
It is better than PES3! the graphics on PES3 suck but the game play is slightly better.
Fifa- 59
PES3- 41

Not true at all. Gameplay absolutely ****s all over fifa, unless you want predictable through the middle, frustrating attacks by the computer. Or if you want it so all of your players stand still when attacking unless you manually move one (of a selection of only 3) yourself. Or if you want it so you can consistently score from outside the box all the time with super rocket shots.

And on my PC the graphics of PES3 are much more crisp and smooth. For example, from a normal camera view you can clearly see Davids with his ponytail and glasses... but in FIFA he has short hair and looks like just another player unless you zoom in closer. For me, the graphics on PES3 are almost twice as good.

And I'm not a PES fan either. I've been playing FIFA every since the first one was released so if anything I should be biased towards FIFA. But after trying out PES3 I've realised how much better it simiulates football.

Stim

Fifa 2004 is a good game, but i am finding it extremely difficult to score goals actually playing REAL football. I can only score from corners, free kicks and long shots. This off the ball movement isn't what its hyped up to be like. I cant make through balls that strikers run on to that often. Although this maybe my inability to play the game, but i have doubts.

Therefore PES3 is on my xmas list and hoping it will be much better than Fifa, from what i've heard everywhere.

invisibleman18

Established Member
one improvement is that it is actually possible to score headers from corners in fifa 2004 where in fifa 2003 it is impossible. well i dont know maybe its just me but ud think that in over a year of constant playing i would have at least managed one goal from a corner wouldnt i? ive scored free kicks from over 40 yards and into the top corner which is pretty rare in real football so why can i not score a simple common headed corner?

I have won several trebles on fifa2003, but have also never scored from a header!!! Actually, maybe once or twice but I can't recall any against the computer. The only thing I can do from a corner is a bicycle kick and they rarely go in.

invisibleman18

Established Member
i have managed a few headers from crosses but never a corner. it seems to be more a disadvantage to get a corner than an advantage.

Jinn

Established Member
In 2003, I usually pass to the guy at the near post and then get him to boot it it.

In 2004, I always choose driven and then the middle dude. I get it probably 1 in 4 times.

Andrew

I used to always buy FIFA. And this year I really thought about what I should buy. I bought PES3 and haven't looked back. To be honest, the thought of FIFA barely crossed my mind. The only occasions it does is when I think "FIFA couldn't do this".

And the fake player and team names in PES3? Thanks to a few patches all the names, kits, stadiums etc. are fixed. The only thing FIFA has over PES is commentary, but I always play without commentary no matter how good it is.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom