• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hull vs Arsenal Match Ratings

progman07

Established Member
True Gooner said:
This was definitely Sammy Nasri's best away game, wasn't it? Looks like he's coming along nicely.
Apart from the goal I was totally unimpressed by him, unfortunately. He can't really beat his man with the ball and he often chooses the easiest option. Of course, he still made that run and scored from that tight angle so I don't care much about his other 89 mins today, but he should really be doing better.

qs

Established Member
Sky Sports are a joke. Eboue better than Ade? Toure better than Sagna. Pfft

DaGunners

Established Member
progman07 said:
True Gooner said:
This was definitely Sammy Nasri's best away game, wasn't it? Looks like he's coming along nicely.
Apart from the goal I was totally unimpressed by him, unfortunately. He can't really beat his man with the ball and he often chooses the easiest option. Of course, he still made that run and scored from that tight angle so I don't care much about his other 89 mins today, but he should really be doing better.
I thought he was much better than you are giving him credit for. Beating players is something that he can do and we will see it coming into his game when he is fully adapted. But that isn't the main aspect of his game, so I don;t see why you hold it against him. He is a pass and move player...

progman07

Established Member
DaGunners said:
progman07 said:
True Gooner said:
I thought he was much better than you are giving him credit for. Beating players is something that he can do and we will see it coming into his game when he is fully adapted. But that isn't the main aspect of his game, so I don;t see why you hold it against him. He is a pass and move player...
You don't have to agree with me, but I still keep my point: he doesn't do enough as a winger at the moment. Can he beat his man? Rarely, only if the defender is in bad position. Pass and move player? Maybe in the future, but this season he is too safe with his passing, and he only moves if there is much space ahead of him.
Of course he's the brightest of our current midfielders so I'm not complaining, it must be hard to play with those other 3.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Double_H said:
A header from 6 yards and the cross was deflected

yes, because we looked SO comfortable in securing the three points before bendtner came on. :roll:

Double_H said:
and you guys Blame Almunia for the goal ?!!! :lol:

im not blaming him entirely for a goal on an unlucky deflection. but you cant tell me he couldnt have done better challenging a 50/50 ball than flapping at it wildly before it hit the back of the net. hes just too passive for my liking.

progman07 said:
So when Eboue finally makes a decent pass one day he will be applauded as an exceptional performer? Good for you. I have a bit higher standards for an Arsenal winger.

where exactly did you get from my previous statement that completing a pass was going to turn him into ****ing pele?

kamikaze80

Established Member
DaGunners said:
He is a pass and move player...
havent seen enough of that, in my opinion. he's too busy "playmaking", though i'll concede he actually has an eye for a pass, unlike our other wannabe playmakers.

asajoseph

Established Member
General said:
asajoseph said:
Touré - 5 - Looked a little shakey at times, and lost Cousin for the Fulham goal. Otherwise, he looks to be improving slowly.

What game were you watching matey. :D

The Arsenal and Hull one.

Why, which one were you watching?

patrick42uk

Established Member
DaGunners said:
progman07 said:
True Gooner said:

He is, but sometimes times you feel he holds onto the ball too long. Bendtner played proper pass and move today. Even before his goal, he was releasing the ball early and getting into andvanced positions even quicker to receive the return pass. Really impressed me today.

godfather

Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Touré 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 5 still don't understand why he gave that much space to Mendy for that hull city's goal.
Eboue 6
Denilson 6
Diaby 6
Nasri 8
RVP 9
Ade 7

Bendtner 7 best 20 min for a long long while
Song N.A

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia: 6
Sagna: 7
Touré: 6
Djourou: 7
Clichy: 6
Eboue: 6
Denilson: 7
Diaby: 6
Nasri 7
VP: 8
Adebayor: 6

Bendtner: 7
Song: N/A

nothing spectacular but solid, VP was good again and people should stop letting the hate they have for some players dictate the ratings they give them. some people blaming Al for the goal? absolutely laughable, giving too much time for mendy (i think) to time his cross was where the fault lied.

Jameel46

Established Member
qs said:
Sky Sports are a joke. Eboue better than Ade? Touré better than Sagna. Pfft

In this forum even if Eboue had a great game and Ade had a poor one they still won't except that eboue was better than ade, same with toure/sagna.

Anzac

Established Member
Al - 5 should have come out for the cross for the goal & did so after;

Sagna - 6 solid enough in defence with little support, poor in support of the attack although did make himself available on the flank;
Toure - 6 ok, still don't like to see him coming forward with the ball when he launches a 50 yard speculator pass forward;
JD - still makes mistakes in defence, but more than makes up for it with his ability in the air - even if a mistake leads to a goal & costs us points;
Clichy - 5 at no time did he look comfortable in defence today & gave too much room inviting the cross for the goal;

Eboue - 3 absolute tripe & waste of a position, just about fracked up every attack that came his way, offered no width & chased the ball/play all bloody day; Pass merchant/Defensive stability my arse - he plays like he thinks he's filling our Ronaldinhio role at Barca as a free roaming AM from the flank;
Diaby - 6 did some good things in defence and some surging runs out of defence reminding me of Paddy, but still too slow releasing the ball in attack, but not the only one to do so - see Eboue, Denilson & Ade as co-conspiritors;
Denilson - 6 made himself available but fortunate that others tidied up his defensive lapses - still has trouble tracking runners & won't mark them inside our area - seems to stop tracking when he gets to our area & then ball watches. Too slow in releasing the ball in attack, needs to look about him before he receives it along with Diaby;
Nasri - 7 not a lot of penetration down the flanks, but working overtime to create someting from the midfield. Really showing that his more natural position is as central playmaker, but still showed more width & end product on the flanks than Eboue;

RVP - 8 provided a threat in attack, but not so much in open play - 3 good assists;
Ade - 7 starting to look better in the role as a target up front, until he went walkabout on the left flank & tried to get more involved in build up - slows the ball down too much;

Nik - 7 showed more in attack & defensive cover than Eboue, looked like he had a purpose on & off the ball & good move with RVP for the goal;
Song - n/a

AW - 5 left the subs etc too long for my liking - 65 mins+ before swapping Eboue for Bendtner. Am still not convinced we have the available resourses to play 442 etc with 2 MCs, AND have the capability to 'save' this season without making it tougher than it needs be.

As a general note IMO there were plenty of opportunities in the 1st half for a direct thru' ball from the advancing mids in possession, for our strikers making runs off the shoulder & getting into channels, as per the opening goals v Fener etc. The only mid I saw try to hit such a pass was Nasri, but from the flanks it needed to be lofted & was defended. Denilson, Diaby, and Ade all had such runs ahead of them, but in all cases they went square or backwards. Eboue was just a lost cause all match & nothing he tried to do came off - his ball security is a joke. The only other player making creative passes was RVP re his last 2 assists, and then Bendtner when he came on.

jay-d

Established Member
Almunia 6
Touré 6
Djourou 6
Clichy 4
Sagna 6
Denilson 5
Diaby 6
Eboue 3
Nasri 7
van Persie 8
Adebayor 7

Bendtner 7
Song N/A

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Touré 6
Djourou 5.5
Clichy 4
Eboue 2
Denilson 5
Diaby 5
Nasri 6.5
van Persie 8
Adebayor 6

Bendtner 7
Song N/A

progman07

Established Member
Oh and

Song - 0 for not caring AT ALL at our first goal. The replay shows Wenger going mental, shaking his hands, while Song's face at the background didn't show any change, if you only watched Song you wouldn't have thought his team scored. Not ideal to have players like him, who don't give a ****. :( (or maybe his reflexes are just a bit off? :D )

dutchMasta

Jameel46 said:
In this forum even if Eboue had a great game and Ade had a poor one they still won't except that eboue was better than ade, same with Touré/sagna.
Not true, people have admitted when Eboue's been good (rare, but that's more down to him) and given him appropriate ratings. Popular players have come under plenty of criticism too (Cesc, RVP, Toure, Clichy). This forum is better in that respect than people give credit for, there are just a few extremists who skew your opinion more than it should do.

At the same time, it seems people are trying to find excuses to give a player who played badly better ratings, like Eboue making 2-3 good runs. Usually bonus points are given for things like goals, assists, goal-line clearances, etc. That, balanced out with the extreme critics, usually worked out nicely. MDGoonah I think it was used to make averages of the ratings after a certain period of time, and they generally gave good, unbiased and balanced ratings.

Biggus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Actually, just watched it again - I was wrong, it was Djourou who lost Cousin, not Touré.

Yep, and average Al stood on his line transfixed like a kangaroo (or a deer) in your headlights.

I mean WTF did he think he would do with a bullet like header from 5 meters?
WTF goes through his head (if anything)? he simply has to come to those balls.

progman07 said:
Oh and

Song - 0 for not caring AT ALL at our first goal. The replay shows Wenger going mental, shaking his hands, while Song's face at the background didn't show any change, if you only watched Song you wouldn't have thought his team scored. Not ideal to have players like him, who don't give a f**k. :( (or maybe his reflexes are just a bit off? :D )

Did you see that too!

What a lazy dopey stupid f**er! he obviously doesn't care about the team.
I would love to be rid of him.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom