• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I hate myself by listening to the drivel, but..........

wrightgooner

I hate myself by listening to the drivel, but.......... did any one else here the comedian on TalkSh1t this morning stating that Henry would definately be playing for Madrid next season!

Even, the usually Arsenal-abrasive Brazil and Parry scoffed, but their Spanish correspondebt (Mr Breene-Turner) was 100% sure it was a done deal.

Two things. I know I shouldn't listen to the station 'cos they are part of the whole Sky Manure love in, but I do, it's a drug thing.
Secondly, just say it did happen for whatever reason, (which I don't believe for one moment that it will), it will surely alienate one hell of a lot of people, not just us gooners, but footy people in general.

Again, I know I shouldn't even waste any time on this, but just the mention of Henry to Madrid fills me with dread, sadness and anger, all at once.....

Webdesignlab

Established Member
The Spanish DO seem to think that Henry will go to Spain it's true. there was even an article stating that Trezeguet is his replacement ( I will look for the link) if it should happen.

they also said that Kluivert was deffo for Arsenal which got my hopes up ... now that was bull (at least until the summer) ... remember the Steve Mcmannamanmanman (however it's spelt) story he was coming to us .. that was deffo according to the Spanish.

Rupert Murder has many media outlets worldwide ... you are right not to trust them. Spain has it's own 'Sun", 'News of the World' etc.

Henry is too big an asset to sell enough said.

zerofeel

IF that happens,it will be a sad day for all gunners everywhere since Henry has been soo vital to us winning and having that edge over our rivals ...but as they say in football anything can n will happen ...just hope it doesnt happen with our very own KING HENRY...

patrick42uk

Established Member
think about it logically, while would henry move to madrid when they already have two established world class strikers in raul and ronaldo. Except of course if they decide to sell ronaldo. At arsenal, henryy knows he is indispensable and all the limelight is on him. Even the press are in love with him, i can see him staying at arsenal for a long time.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Even the press are in love with him, i can see him staying at arsenal for a long time.

This is true, he is the only Gooner to get great press. Sol occasionally, Ashley too, but only becuase they play for England.

lewdikris

Established Member
Real Madrid actually could not afford Henry - it's as simple as that, even if they wanted to buy him, and he wanted to go.

He has four years left on his contract.

He's the most feted striker on earth.

He would see a break in the transfer record by a good 10-15 million.

Real could not afford a 60million deal anymore - only by selling one of their top stars could they contemplate it. And neither Figo nor Zidane, however amazing they are would garner much return, being well on the wrong side of thirty. And they would never sell Zidane, even though Figo may leave.

That means they would have to sell one of Raul, Ronaldo, Beckham and Carlos.

Carlos - no chance.

Beckham - no chance.

Raul - the fans would revolt.

So they could sell Ronaldo. He likes to move about. But bucktooth fatboy is their ultimate goal source, and the most efficient scorer in the world, and plays in front of Raul.

Henry would not play in front of Raul - but alongside him. I don't think it would work - and Queiroz would realise that, no matter how little say he gets.

If Ronaldo does leave i think it's much more likely they'd go for Owen - a Ronaldo type who'd come in the 25 mill bracket they could afford, who'd fit perfectly into their system, and who's coming to the end of his contract at a misfiring team.

That makes much more sense.

wrightgooner

I'm sure you're right, but it still doesn't explain why this journo is SO sure it will happen - unless he's had a skinful of San Mig.

lewdikris

Established Member
Wrightgooner - because he's playing it straight. Journalists are paid to speak with absolute conviction about things which are very ****ing unlikely. It's the game.

Just read the daily papers - it's what you have to do.

Andrew

Henry is not going so forget it. We don't have to sell him so we won't. This Spanish media really pisses me off because they think that anyone and everyone wants to play in Spain.

Allyboy

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Wrightgooner - because he's playing it straight. Journalists are paid to speak with absolute conviction about things which are very f****g unlikely. It's the game.

Just read the daily papers - it's what you have to do.

Absolutely.

If the headlines were "Henry may or may not possibly be contacted by Real who may or may not want him", not many papers would be sold!

Sammer

Established Member
I can´t see it happening: Henry doesn´t really fit in their squad with Ronaldo and Raul (although I believe Ronaldo and Henry would match quite well - then again Raul will not be sold).

With Ronaldo and Raul upfront, Real would be crazy to buy Henry - sure he is the best striker in Europe, but it would create nothing but instability for Real etc.

Just the usual pro-**** media bogus.

Lewdikris: " bucktooth fatboy " is a good one ;D

A.M.A.G.

Real Madrid actually could not afford Henry - it's as simple as that, even if they wanted to buy him, and he wanted to go.

He has four years left on his contract.

He's the most feted striker on earth.

He would see a break in the transfer record by a good 10-15 million.

Real could not afford a 60million deal anymore - only by selling one of their top stars could they contemplate it. And neither Figo nor Zidane, however amazing they are would garner much return, being well on the wrong side of thirty. And they would never sell Zidane, even though Figo may leave.

That means they would have to sell one of Raul, Ronaldo, Beckham and Carlos.

Carlos - no chance.

Beckham - no chance.

Raul - the fans would revolt.

So they could sell Ronaldo. He likes to move about. But bucktooth fatboy is their ultimate goal source, and the most efficient scorer in the world, and plays in front of Raul.

Henry would not play in front of Raul - but alongside him. I don't think it would work - and Queiroz would realise that, no matter how little say he gets.

If Ronaldo does leave i think it's much more likely they'd go for Owen - a Ronaldo type who'd come in the 25 mill bracket they could afford, who'd fit perfectly into their system, and who's coming to the end of his contract at a misfiring team.

That makes much more sense.

f*king EXCELENT points ;D

I'm not one to have mood swings... but after having a good cry... i'd probably go into a serious bout of depression if Henry left... I don't even like to here talk about that type of ****!!!! so f*king - A... could you mudderf*kers drop this **** :x

The Mini

I thought Queiros would be a bit more sutble, not bring in a huge signing per season, they need a striker, but they'll have a huge egi clash if they keep their current formation, they'll have to choose between Ronaldo, Raul and Henry, probably the best strike force around

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Thierry is not going anywhere, he loves us and we love him. Arsenal will never sell him and thats that.

I hope Thierry retires here

A

Anonymous

Just hope you do well in the champs league this season! and win at home or else Henry will be Going home :?

SuperBob

Henry will retire at Arsenal, I just hope he wins every trophy there is too win in Europe! all he needs is the Champions League!

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom