• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If you could only have ONE…

ArsenalLunatic

-A PL title WITH an FA Cup or Carabao cup or…
-A Champions league title
Why?
if this has been posted before, apologies!
It’s off-season season so we have time.
——TBH I’d bang my wife for top 4 next year and be thrilled. Humor me, fellow Gooners.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Why?
——TBH I’d bang my wife for top 4 next year and be thrilled. Humor me, fellow Gooners.

I've been a supporter since 1992 so basically old enough to remember our Cup double & Cup Winners Cup triumph as well as our 2 doubles, Unbeaten title & multiple FA Cups.

Yet the only thing that gnaws at my soul is that night in Paris, May 17, 2006.

It's always the Champions League or bust!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why?

A Champions league because we've never won it and we should have under Wenger, and because it gets you about 100 Million in prize money.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
After seeing 3 European final defeats I've always been desperate to see us win a European trophy and still am.

After so long without the title though, I'd take it over anything else right now if offered. If you come away with that after a 38 game season it proves without a doubt you are the best side in the country.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love every trophy, but it's gotta be winning the Champions League.

Would even have taken a random league loss in the Invincible season, for us to beat Barca in 2006...Arsenal should be the first London club to win the European Cup.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
League for me first.

I always wanted Arsenal to be the first London CL winner but thats gone.

Also winning the CL without the domestic league always think it takes a little away from achievement... Fluke vibes.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
PL

With all the glamour and hype that surrounds the Champions League the football world collectively forgets that it’s a cup competition

CL is the crowning jewel once you cemented domestic dominance.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The CL, I do think winning the league is a better indicator of how good your team is as in able to be consistent for 38 games, but for us I think the CL is the holy grail.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I totally understand those who say PL over CL due to it being a better indicator of overall squad quality, but we're one of, if not the "biggest" club to have never won the European Cup. Wenger failing to win a European title with us will always be the biggest knock on his legacy.

Hell, we probably have one of the worst European records for a club of our standing (which is why I want us to win the EL). Winning the CL immediately elevates your club to a level of prestige that the PL can't, especially in today's game.

OSBK

Established Member
Always the PL and FA cup for me. CL is a amazing competition and trophy but it will never be that feeling of winning the league. Also CL are very quickly forgotten if you aint winning the league. Look at chelsea, that trophy means nothing when you are 20 points behind the league winners.

FA cup is just special because of where it starts to where it finishes.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom