• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pretty much every player had better season than last. For you to give them the credit for us finishing second is not right. I would say the improvement of saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard played the biggest role

I didn’t give them all of the credit, I said they were a big part, which is true.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How wasn’t it the answer this season? We went from 5th to 2nd and saw massive improvements in the way we play, unless your requirement for success for the summer 22 signings for them to win us the league.
It wasn't the answer to win the league. We improved. But is Gundogan going to make us improve to first? I don't see it.

Surely after finishing 2nd our target next year is 1st no?

We need to find better players than City are finding this summer along with our players developing and improving further.

We won't win the league if we sign Gundogan and they sign for example Bellingham (I know he's set for Madrid but it's an example).

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It wasn't the answer to win the league.

Surely after finishing 2nd our target next year is 1st no?

We need to find better players than City are finding this summer along with our players developing and improving further.

We won't win the league if we sign Gundogan and they sign for example Bellingham (I know he's set for Madrid but it's an example).

Of course, but I don’t understand why singing City players, who are the best in the league by a mile, stops us from doing that?

We are in for guys like Rice, it’s not like we are exclusively only in for City players.

sub_sub

Can’t wait for us to be in the running to sign Haaland in 12 years’ time or so, our attack will be devastating.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arteta has always had a thing for the diminutive playmaker like Aouar, Cellabos and now Gundogan. I hope we don't fall victim to selling our future to win in the present. Gundogan is great, but let's look for someone younger.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course, but I don’t understand why singing City players, who are the best in the league by a mile, stops us from doing that?

We are in for guys like Rice, it’s not like we are exclusively only in for City players.

It's only my opinion based on watching PL football in depth for 20 years.

Apart from Leicester I can't think of too many clubs who were in and around say 2nd-6th in the PL who signed players from the best team and went on to win the league with them.

It just doesn't happen because usually the best team let players go because they either don't need them or they know they are bringing in equal or better.

I also don't want Gundogan because it means we can kick the can down the road for a better player or a player who will be around in 2 or 3 years. I want Caicedo and Rice. If we get that and add Gundo fine. But I don't want us compromising with him.

One question i have is why the hell would Gundogan come here? What is his motive? The only one I can think of is money and if a player is prepared to walk away from the best team in world football where he is a crucial element, for an extra million a year, or an extra year that his current club wont give him is that someone who's gonna die for the shirt or pull us out of a ****ty run? Doubt it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's only my opinion based on watching PL football in depth for 20 years.

Apart from Leicester I can't think of too many clubs who were in and around say 2nd-6th in the PL who signed players from the best team and went on to win the league with them.

It just doesn't happen because usually the best team let players go because they either don't need them or they know they are bringing in equal or better.

I also don't want Gundogan because it means we can kick the can down the road for a better player or a player who will be around in 2 or 3 years.

And most importantly. Why the hell would Gundogan come here? What is his motive? The only one I can think of is money and if a player is prepared to walk away from the best team in world football where he is a crucial element, for an extra million a year, is that someone who's gonna die for the shirt or pull us out of a ****ty run? Doubt it.
If the team you are competing with gladly let you sign a player from them. Then don’t. In hindsight we wouldn’t sign Zinchenko if Man U didn’t get Martinez and if we signed another 50 million striker in the summer we wouldn’t be off. Pep saying you need proper defenders to defend against top wingers seem aimed at Zinchenko. It’s not fun watching your team when you have little faith in your fullbacks ability to defend

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If the team you are competing with gladly let you sign a player from them. Then don’t. In hindsight we wouldn’t sign Zinchenko if Man U didn’t get Martinez and if we signed another 50 million striker in the summer we wouldn’t be off. Pep saying you need proper defenders to defend against top wingers seem aimed at Zinchenko. It’s not fun watching your team when you have little faith in your fullbacks ability to defend
You really seem to think that Pep suffers some kind of Arsenal derangement syndrome. It wasn't aimed at Zinchenko. It was obviously aimed at Cancelo whom he fell out with. This same man talking about you need defenders was playing Bernardo Silva at left back against Saka.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Reliable for City apparently
So basically all he is looking for is the coin. It may not be that he is looking a new football experience or to experience a new league/culture.

Hopefully he stays at City. Brilliant player but I want someone on the up coming into the club. The next Gundogan, not one who will ultimately start to decline.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Yet neither was top 3 best performers for us this season. No more city rejects
We cement our position in the table in the first half of the season before WC. And, yes. Before WC, Jesus was our best and Zinny was definitely in top 3. But I agree with you that we should not sign Gundogan.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
I don't want Gundogan, he is good, but playing for Arsenal is tough and he is 33 with nothing more to prove. City, Barcelona... he will not have the energy needed to raise Arsenal, Arsenal need early prime age players or at max prime age players (22-29) these days.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Of all the things to be concerned about with this, I wouldn't have expected people to be mentioning age. Gundogan didn't play much football at an early age due to his long term injuries but has developed into a robust player since. In his position and with his qualities, you can play well into your late 30s at a very high level.

I just think we are in desperate need of some dynamism in our engine room. At least one of Rice or Caicedo + Gundo would be a significant upgrade to our midfield tools.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of all the things to be concerned about with this, I wouldn't have expected people to be mentioning age. Gundogan didn't play much football at an early age due to his long term injuries but has developed into a robust player since. In his position and with his qualities, you can play well into your late 30s at a very high level.

I just think we are in desperate need of some dynamism in our engine room. At least one of Rice or Caicedo + Gundo would be a significant upgrade to our midfield tools.
Can you name me a PL midfielder who was still playing at the highest level at 38? One that played at least 20-25 league games?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reliable for City apparently

Gundogan not coming to Arsenal and refusing Barcelona to stay at City 😭

latest

Can this don leave the PL pleaseee 🙏 had enough of seeing him.

Daydreamer

Because I want to finish first. And I don't think signing City's hand me downs while they sign better and younger players is the way to finish first.

It wasn't the answer this season. I don't think it will be the answer next season. It may be the answer to stay in the top 4. But we need more to challenge in my opinion.
City will sign top quality players in either scenario. Why would that factor into the decision to buy players that upgrade us?

Also, he's not a hand me down, he's their bloody Captain who's scored vital goals in the run-in to secure them the title for the last two seasons.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
City will sign top quality players in either scenario. Why would that factor into the decision to buy players that upgrade us?

Also, he's not a hand me down, he's their bloody Captain who's scored vital goals in the run-in to secure them the title for the last two seasons.
If Gundogan resigns they don't sign his replacement. They kick that can down the line for a year or two.

I just don't want us signing players who's main motive is more money or an extra year on their contract.

I don't want us to turn into the club who just lacks ideas and signs players from City. Let's find the next Gundogan or Cancelo. Not expensive players that will decline over the next year or two and who will need replaced.

As I've asked and nobody answered. How many times did a team sitting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th in the league, signed players from the team that finished 1st and that was the difference to swing the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom