• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Arsène Wenger Acting?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 1,066
A

Anonymous

Arsène WENGER

...on another draw
"I feel we came out with a 1-1 draw against a team that showed great spirit and defended every ball. Overall I'm quite pleased because we played well, passed the ball very well but they made it very tight for us."

...on confidence
"As long as we couldn't finish the game off, the nerves gained for our defenders. They lost a bit of confidence by conceding four goals at White Hart Lane.

...on Pascal Cygan's header
"We missed an unbelievable chance at the far post. We couldn't finish the game off and I think it affected our defenders and they took advantage of it. The most important thing is to keep the way we want to play and get that nervousness out of our defenders."

...on improvement
"I feel we're not far from our best again but we need one or two good results and next Wednesday's Champions League tie was already in our minds when we were 1-0. I feel the hunger is back in the team."

...on Chelsea drawing
"With 25 games to go you cannot look at the results of the other teams. It is down to us."

...on his emotions at the final whistle
"There are two sides. On one side I am happy with the way we played, on the other I am frustrated with the result. We played well and if we would have scored the second you would have seen much more of us. I am convinced we are close to our best. But it doesn?t mean we don't have any problems."

A

Anonymous

"I feel we're not far from our best again but we need one or two good results and next Wednesday's Champions League tie was already in our minds when we were 1-0. "

I can't believe he said that,
and if it's true, that is soo unprofessional! Shocking.

"There are two sides. On one side I am happy with the way we played, on the other I am frustrated with the result.

Happy with what? we didn't play well at all, as if we did, we would have won, It's as simple as that. If we were done with bad decisions or something, that would be understandable, but with such poor finishing, and poor defending, how in the world could he be happy with the way we played.
GET IT SORTED Wenger! one excuse after another..
With the way he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the title, and he blamed the OT game come May!

Aussie

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
"I
With the way he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the title, and he blamed the OT game come May!

You my friend are a ass clown

A

Anonymous

Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
"I

appreciate your opinion,
just would love to hear the reason as to why it is what it is though?

JazzG

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
"I feel we're not far from our best again but we need one or two good results and next Wednesday's Champions League tie was already in our minds when we were 1-0. "

I can't believe he said that,
and if it's true, that is soo unprofessional! Shocking.

Not unprofessional at all, it happens with every team. We got bigger fish to fry than WBA and with most teams when an important CL match is around the corner they have one eye on that even during the PL match.

coolcool2 said:
"There are two sides. On one side I am happy with the way we played, on the other I am frustrated with the result.

Happy with what? we didn't play well at all, as if we did, we would have won, It's as simple as that. If we were done with bad decisions or something, that would be understandable, but with such poor finishing, and poor defending, how in the world could he be happy with the way we played.

Do you expect him to come out and grill his players?

A

Anonymous

Not unprofessional at all, it happens with every team. We got bigger fish to fry than WBA and with most teams when an important CL match is around the corner they have one eye on that even during the PL match.

Once they've finished the team off, not when your hanging on to a 1-0 lead. And with our current form, we should be taking even the likes of WBA seriously. One game at a time.

Do you expect him to come out and grill his players?

If the critisicm is constructive, Definately! There is absolutely no use hiding the fact that we have been poor, and admitting that won't make us any less of a team. Managers have "grilled" their players before and have had a positive response from them. I wouldn't see anything wrong in that been done if done in the right way.

JazzG

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Once they've finished the team off, not when your hanging on to a 1-0 lead. And with our current form, we should be taking even the likes of WBA seriously. One game at a time.

The one game at a time thing is just a phrase, it is hardly ever used and as much as you try to stick by it your mind will wonder to other games. It is a bad habit and even when we have stuffed teams 3-0 I reckon when we are 1-0 up we are at times thinking of the next game but those days things have worked out but against WBA they didn't.

coolcool2 said:
If the critisicm is constructive, Definately! There is absolutely no use hiding the fact that we have been poor, and admitting that won't make us any less of a team. Managers have "grilled" their players before and have had a positive response from them. I wouldn't see anything wrong in that been done if done in the right way.

Wenger has never been the type to come out in public and rip into them, he will in private though. I remember Freddie once touching on the subject a year back saying Wenger told them to ditch to fancy football and stop fannying about and get 3 points. Right now our team is going through a crisis in confidence, first time since the end of 2002/2003 season this has happened so it would be abit harsh having a go at them.

A

Anonymous

The one game at a time thing is just a phrase, it is hardly ever used and as much as you try to stick by it your mind will wonder to other games. It is a bad habit and even when we have stuffed teams 3-0 I reckon when we are 1-0 up we are at times thinking of the next game but those days things have worked out but against WBA they didn't.

well, personally I feel the level the players play at, they need to be concentrating on the game all the time. If their mind isn't really on the game and on the pitch, they should be brought off..

Wenger has never been the type to come out in public and rip into them, he will in private though. I remember Freddie once touching on the subject a year back saying Wenger told them to ditch to fancy football and stop fannying about and get 3 points. Right now our team is going through a crisis in confidence, first time since the end of 2002/2003 season this has happened so it would be abit harsh having a go at them

then he should do so that atleast the supports should know that he is dissapointed with the way they played. If he always claims to be satisfied, how will the supporters of the club ever know if the manager is satisfied with the team's display or not? That's atleast what i feel,
difference of opinion.

Aussie

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
"I

appreciate your opinion,

Cause what you said was quite stupid. Do i need any other reasons in that.

Jinn

Established Member
I'll judge Wenger at the end of the season. This will all be forgotten if we win the league.

efurze

I agree with cool 100%.

A manager's primary responsibility is getting the maximum performance out of the players he has - and that means playing hard every single game. If Wenger can't convince the team that every game matters then he's not doing his job properly.

There's no excuse for 'looking past' the current game, no matter who it is. Every point matters. It's 90 minutes for ****'s sake, if they can't be bothered to pay attention then they should pick another, lower-paying, profession.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

remember the last time that he said something like that it was after the Fa cup match against United . "our mind was on the champions league semifinal against chelsea we know what happened next. Thought he would have learnt from that (sayings things like that ) . This is a perfect match for us though (PSV) we will be forced to lift were gonna win . If Thierry score he's gonna forget that he is 70% fit.

A

Anonymous

Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
"I

appreciate your opinion,

just wondering if you'd care to explain why it was "quite stupid"?

skart14

Once again people are getting all excited over an interview.....why...would you feel better if wenger came out and said that the whole team was dog **** and he thinks we won't win **** for the next 20 years...wenger is a very diplomatic person and i am sure he does not feel the need to criticise the team at every turn ala fungi.....what makes you people so sure that what he says in an interview is exactly what he does.....in that case maybe he is acting :wink:

A

Anonymous

skart14 said:
Once again people are getting all excited over an interview.....why...would you feel better if wenger came out and said that the whole team was dog s**t and he thinks we won't win s**t for the next 20 years...wenger is a very diplomatic person and i am sure he does not feel the need to criticise the team at every turn ala fungi.....what makes you people so sure that what he says in an interview is exactly what he does.....in that case maybe he is acting :wink:

not saying what he says in an interview is what he does, though what got me worried was the part about the players already looking ahead to the next game before this one's final whistle as an excuse.

Slymaster

There is no doubt AW has been hiding his true feelings in interviews lately. He cannot come out and criticize his players openly, but he has been disappointed by them recently. For the past few matches he has been agitated, and started to look quite upset when defenders made mistakes or even when we missed good chances.

I've watched all of our recent matches completely and it is clear he is no longer as calm as he used to be. Even commentators have noticed he is no longer as ice cool as before and now cameras tend to focus on his reactions whenever we make a blunder. Most of the time he is either complaining about something to Pat Rice or looking totally frustrated.

However I don't care at all what he says in interviews as long as he makes the players know his frustration. There is no need to throw boots around or break teacups, but he needs to be more ruthless. Our players' problem is all in their heads, and it's time they get rid of that confidence crisis and realise who they are...THE UNTOUCHABLE CHAMPIONS!

Aussie

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
Aussie said:
coolcool2 said:
"I

appreciate your opinion,

just wondering if you'd care to explain why it was "quite stupid"?

Ill tell you why its stupid.

You are reading to much into everything. Those are quotes that arsenal.com send out in the email after every game. Im sure those are not his true thoughts. Do you think he sent the message out after we went ahead to start thinking about PSV.

Wenger isnt going to slate his players in the media. He has more class than that and you should know that. He will do it face to face and give his true thoughts on the game to the players not to the media.

With the way he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the title, and he blamed the OT game come May

How many title races have you auctually seen?

One point is nothing. Grow up and stop talking ****.
Might as well sack him cause he made a poor comment to the media. He cant handle the media now can he? [/quote]

A

Anonymous

You are reading to much into everything. Those are quotes that arsenal.com send out in the email after every game. Im sure those are not his true thoughts. Do you think he sent the message out after we went ahead to start thinking about PSV.

Did i say he sent the message out to start thinking about PSV, all i'm saying is that "players thinking about the next game" during this game cannot be used as an excuse!

Wenger isnt going to slate his players in the media. He has more class than that and you should know that. He will do it face to face and give his true thoughts on the game to the players not to the media.

then atleast he should not say we played well when it was pretty obvious we clearly didn't! Saying that your players are not performing doesn't make us less of a team!

One point is nothing. Grow up and stop talking s**t.
Might as well sack him cause he made a poor comment to the media. He cant handle the media now can he?

one point is nothing. Remind me again, have we really dropped only one point? Is this the 1st time we've given up a lead? Is this the 1st time we've not taken our chances? Is this the 1st time we've paid for not having cover for our backline? Is this the 1st time Bergkamp has played poor and not been dropped? Is this the 1st time Wenger has only made changes once the opposition equalises? Is this the 1st time that Van Persie hasn't been given the chance that he deserves?
No one is saying to sack him, only god knows where you came up with that from. It's just annoying to see the same mistakes happen again and again and again and again and not be corrected.

Aussie

Established Member
coolcool2 said:

Did i say he sent the message out to start thinking about PSV, all i'm saying is that "players thinking about the next game" during this game cannot be used as an excuse!

then atleast he should not say we played well when it was pretty obvious we clearly didn't! Saying that your players are not performing doesn't make us less of a team!

One point is nothing. Grow up and stop talking s**t.
Might as well sack him cause he made a poor comment to the media. He cant handle the media now can he?

one point is nothing. Remind me again, have we really dropped only one point? Is this the 1st time we've given up a lead? Is this the 1st time we've not taken our chances? Is this the 1st time we've paid for not having cover for our backline? Is this the 1st time Bergkamp has played poor and not been dropped? Is this the 1st time Wenger has only made changes once the opposition equalises? Is this the 1st time that Van Persie hasn't been given the chance that he deserves?
No one is saying to sack him, only god knows where you came up with that from. It's just annoying to see the same mistakes happen again and again and again and again and not be corrected.

You are still overeacting.

We are One Point behind Chelsea. We are in a form slump yes we Arsenal do have form slumps. Its not the end of the world. We are only one point behind and we are playing poorly at the moment.

Im sure Wenger will by defensive cover in January. You may have not notcied buts its not January now so he cant at the moment.

We have given up leads. This is frusterating but im sure Wenger is drilling them over it. Its not his fault.

We have missed a few chances but is it his fault that the players dont take them.

Van Persie will get his chance. Im sure Wenger knows more about who to play more than anyone else on here so there is know reason *****ing about it. Cause i know if Bergie has a cracker or RVP plays and has a stinker you will change like the wind.

I think you missed my point in my original post. Takes those quotes as a grain of salt. They are not important and are really just a load of crap and have probably been taken out of context.

He was just trying to take some positives out of the game. No use saying we played **** to the media and next thing you know its on the front of every paper in England. Not good for the players confidence when the manager slates them to the media.

Stop *****ing.

A

Anonymous

Im sure Wenger will by defensive cover in January. You may have not notcied buts its not January now so he cant at the moment.

Exactly, that should have been done in the summer, so now we'll have to wait till January and keep dropping points.

We have given up leads. This is frusterating but im sure Wenger is drilling them over it. Its not his fault.

Whose fault is it that PROPER defensive cover wasn't bought in the summer?

We have missed a few chances but is it his fault that the players dont take them.

Whose fault is it then when the manager keeps playing the players who don't take their chances, and benches those that do!

Van Persie will get his chance. Im sure Wenger knows more about who to play more than anyone else on here so there is know reason *****ing about it. Cause i know if Bergie has a cracker or RVP plays and has a stinker you will change like the wind.

I am pretty sure I know myself about whether I will "change like the wind" or not. but that aside, wouldn't you think that Van Persie DESERVES a chance? Cause for some reason Wenger doesn't think so! He remains loyal for some reason to players even when they are not performing well!

I think you missed my point in my original post. Takes those quotes as a grain of salt. They are not important and are really just a load of crap and have probably been taken out of context.

Quotes can really not be taken "out of context" they're quotes. And the last place that u'd expect the quotes to be tampered with really is the Official Club Website!

He was just trying to take some positives out of the game. No use saying we played s**t to the media and next thing you know its on the front of every paper in England. Not good for the players confidence when the manager slates them to the media
Stop *****ing.

Admitting to the fact that we are not playing well won't really knock the players confidence that down, It'll spur them on to perform even better actually!
But oh No, talking about the OT game again and again and using it as an excuse, that's surely going to give the players confidence isn't it?

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom