• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

is bentley good enough to play for arsenal

grennan84

bentley is not that good if you watched the boro game in the carling cup he was crap. and in the fa cup he got lucky with that chip the keeper was crap he should have saved it. in my view he is not good enough to play for arsenal

vin de guerre

i dont think you have seen Bentley enuf to come out with such a far reaching conclusion. Only time will tell whether he will mature into the sort of player who can command a place in the 1st 11.

SydneyGunnerFan

well i dont know never seen him play but i say give a few more seasons and he could get better with alot more training and stuff

Anders Limpar

...and what the heck do you know about football?

No he was not crap in the Carling cup game agaisnt Boro, on the contrary he performed very well on a odd position against an overaggressive and revengeful Danny Mills, not that long ago an english international!!

And if he has luck on his side I couldn't be more gratefull, what an asset that would at the final stage of this season!!

Get behind your team and your players!!

the kids only 19. he is inexperienced and only has rare occasions to shine, meaning he is under more pressure. Still, the pundits believe he played well that game.

grennan84

the only reason why people think he is good cause he scored that goal is he is english i bet if he was french irish scotish people wouldnt think twice about him. dotn get me wrong i think he will be a good player but everyone is sayin he will be the next bergkamp. i think we would be good at villa bolton but not arsenal

lewdikris

Established Member
Give the kid a chance! He's only played five times, and two of them were ten minute cameos (Oxford and Boro in the FA Cup).

I expect him and Reyes to start tomorrow - wait and see how they do. He's a very technical player, and needs to toughen up a bit, but he's definitely got the talent to be a longterm part of Arsenal football club.

He might never force himself ahead of Titi and Reyes, but he's going to be a vital part of the squad...

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I know what you mean, he does seem to lack something, but experience and growing up on the pitch will help him. We will see whether he makes the 11 or not. I hope he does we need all the firepower we can get.

If we go for all 4 cups ... we NEED Bentley to come through. saying he just is not good enough is simply not going to help. Support is what he needs.

Quincy was crap against Boro, not Bentley. I liked Quincy from the Rotherham match and thought he would do well and did not.

Still I will support them both.

He might never force himself ahead of Titi and Reyes, but he's going to be a vital part of the squad...

there is always the spot beside henry and infront of reyes...his style of play has imitated bergy, and he may even replace him in the future

n_henry

Well, unfortunately, I've seen next to nothing of this kid. Haven't seen (and probably won't anytime soon) his goal against Boro in the FA Cup a few weeks ago...

But if Wenger reckons he has potential (and may replace Bergkamp in some respects), then I'm hopeful. ;)

KingReyes

Established Member
Anders Limpar said:
...and what the heck do you know about football?

No he was not crap in the Carling cup game agaisnt Boro, on the contrary he performed very well on a odd position against an overaggressive and revengeful Danny Mills, not that long ago an english international!!

And if he has luck on his side I couldn't be more gratefull, what an asset that would at the final stage of this season!!

Get behind your team and your players!!

Well said!!! Bentley needs to be given time. He's definately got the abilty to become a top player for arsenal.

Andrew

The chip over the keeper was crap? Sheesh...

I'm undecided on Bentley, because I haven't seen him play much. He was lively in the Carling Cup and missed a few chances, but apart from that was quite ok. Just look at Quincy, how many clear chances did he have? Give Bentley a start up front and then we can begin to judge him.

D.Dappa

only time will tell for Bentley, but Wenger seems to be on his side, and that counts for ALOT.

Holla

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
That's it isn't it? If Wenger rates him, which he must do to have offered him a 5 year deal last season, he must be a bit special. I know this doesn't count for a lot, but he was captain of the England U-19's for ages.
Fans have been talking about him for a lot longer than just one week. He's a kid of obvious potential and to say he's crap is just as stupid as saying he'll definitely be the next Bergkamp, which to my knowledge nobody is.
And that chip was class, it may have looked like the keeper could have saved it, but he was beaten by the flight of the ball.

daryl

Also, don't forget that in those games, he has been playing down the wing, not his natural position.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom