• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
Asterix said:
Yuo can write even more? :wink:
I don't doubt it.
How have Gilardino and Bojinov been doing for their respective clubs. Bojinov was injured wasn't he?

Gilardino is the one of those two who has impressed the most, he was excellent for Milan to start with, but the great form of Inzaghi lately, has seen Gilardino relegated to the bench. But, he scored last weekend against Udinese, and it seems that he is going to push Inzaghi out of the team again. As for Bojinov, he has not done too well for Fiorentina. Things did not go well for him last season after he came to Fiorentina, Fiorentina`s relegation struggle was not what he had expected, and just like the rest of the team, he had problems. At the start of this season, Prandelli was using a tactical system which suited Luca Toni`s goalscoring abilities, and it was no room for Bojinov in the 1st team. Bojinov started to complain, and wanted to go to either Bayern or Inter in January, Inter were ready with a loan-deal for him, but Fiorentina did not accept that deal because they would not get any players from Inter, and Bojinov`s Inter-move was ended. He continued to complain, and Prandelli relegated him to the reserves(he even got sent off in his first match for the reserves). But, Bojinov is a sensible man, and apoligised to everyone, and Prandelli took him back to the 1st team. There was a period lately where Bojinov was really on fire, but it seems that he is again out of form right now.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Whatever happened to marco donadel? I heard he was class as a youngster but ive not heard much of him since.

Could you enlighten me mostarac?

Mostarac

Established Member
Gunnergregharrison said:
Whatever happened to marco donadel? I heard he was class as a youngster but ive not heard much of him since.
Could you enlighten me mostarac?

Donadel was very good at the start of the season(he is generally a player with some similarities to Rosicky), but as his form got inconsistent later on, he lost his place in Fiorentina`s midfield to Pazienza. But then Pazienza got injured for a couple of months recently, and Donadel is back in the team again. He is still a young player, and he should be able to develop further, but it all depends on if he will do it at Fiorentina or somewhere else, as there are rumours that Fiorentina is going to buy a new central midfielder. Anyway, Donadel is much better than the more defensive Brocchi, but as their abilities are different, it is more likely that Donadel is the one who is going to leave Fiorentina(if they decide to buy a new midfielder).

bobo69

ahoy shipmates!!!!

these juve supporters are driving me nuts in my office today! what the hell is it about this place where everyone in milano now seems to support juve....

fear not, i have informed them they are all sacked IF they beat us.

oh and Fiorentina are already in the market for another MF as far as i know... my old boss is their biggest fan (total looony!)

brianfrance

Established Member
Italian football...so I guess we can talk about the national side.

Christian Vieri who left Milan in order to get playing time prior to the world cup, has seriously damaged his left knee and could well miss the rest of the season!

bobo69

brianfrance said:
Italian football...so I guess we can talk about the national side.

Christian Vieri who left Milan in order to get playing time prior to the world cup, has seriously damaged his left knee and could well miss the rest of the season!

how was he doing at monaco anyway???

Mostarac

Established Member
brianfrance said:

Well, maybe something good can finally come out of his injury, with that I mean that maybe Lippi will give Vieri`s place to two strikers that are much better than him right now, Inzaghi and Lucarelli.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Aussie said:
Juventus Ultras are soft.

Discuss.

lol just kidding lets not get into that debate again.

I want to get into this debate :D !

I love hooliganism! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking USArsenal, i'm joking.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
Those Juve fans had no idea what hit em tonight.

But they finally had the privilege to attend a match in a great stadium, whereas they have to get back to their sh*thole of a stadium now.

Mostarac

Established Member
Aussie said:

Of course they did not. Juventus are always exposed against good teams in Europe, like we exposed them last night. And, remember that it is much harder for the ****s to "buy" referees in Europe compared to Serie A, haha.

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Aussie said:

Of course they did not. Juventus are always exposed against good teams in Europe, like we exposed them last night. And, remember that it is much harder for the c**nts to "buy" referees in Europe compared to Serie A, haha.

Two things:

A. Some of those italian players are sore losers and not really fair sportsmen (I remember the dwarf-dance-jumping of Gattuso last year) - but Camonaresi can only be called an idiot for that kick that got him sent off. Amateur like. Credit to other players like Cannavaro and Zambrotta who played hard, but fair.

B. Credit to Capello. If José Mourinho had two players sent off (no matter if deserved or not), there would have been the old whining and complaining show at the press conference.
Capello on the other hand knew that his team got overrun and deserved to lose. Fair play for not claiming to be cheated (like José would have done) and fair play for him to "Having a few words with his players that got sent off".

Mostarac

Established Member
Sammer said:
Two things:
A. Some of those italian players are sore losers and not really fair sportsmen (I remember the dwarf-dance-jumping of Gattuso last year) - but Camonaresi can only be called an idiot for that kick that got him sent off. Amateur like. Credit to other players like Cannavaro and Zambrotta who played hard, but fair.
B. Credit to Capello. If José Mourinho had two players sent off (no matter if deserved or not), there would have been the old whining and complaining show at the press conference.
Capello on the other hand knew that his team got overrun and deserved to lose. Fair play for not claiming to be cheated (like José would have done) and fair play for him to "Having a few words with his players that got sent off".

Agree. But, when it comes to Capello, I just do not like that guy, the way he left Roma for Juventus, is ****. I respect Capello for what he has done as a manager, but besides that, he is a ****.

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
Aussie said:

But they finally had the privilege to attend a match in a great stadium, whereas they have to get back to their sh*thole of a stadium now.

Very very true.

Mostarac

Established Member
Everybody are talking about how they would like Arsenal(if we get to the final of course) to meet Barcelona in the final, but I would actually like it if we had to play Milan in an eventual final. For me, that would be a classical final, Arsenal in their first final ever in this tournament, and Milan who are so experienced in this tournament. In many ways, it would be a historical final. As mentioned, it would be Arsenal`s first final, and Milan`s 10th final in this tournament. Both Arsenal and Milan are special clubs, so for me a final between these two teams would be perfect.

Mostarac

Established Member
I will start with some articles about the greatest Italian players through the history. The first player which I will be writing about is one of Milan`s best players ever and one of the best midfielders in the history of the game, Gianni Rivera. Rivera was born August 18 1943. They used to call him The Golden Boy. He is probably the greatest product of Alessandria`s(his home-town team) academy. On June 2 1959, Rivera made his debut in the Serie A for Alessandria against Inter, just 15 years old. He played 26 matches for Alessandria and scored 6 goals, before Milan bought him for a record sum at the time, Milan paid $200000 for Rivera. He was only 16 years old when Milan bought him. Rivera won his first Lo Scudetto with Milan in 1962. He was really good that season, and he got rewarded for his excellent performances with a debut for the Italian national team in the World Cup in 1962 against West-Germany. He was only 18 years old at the time. In 1962, Milan won the European Cup beating Benfica 2-1 in the final(Rivera was one of the best players in that final), and Rivera was 2nd in the Ballon d`or awards that year, just 18 years old. In 1967/1968, Milan won both the Lo Scudetto and the Cup Winners Cup, and in 1968 he was a part of the Italian national team which won the European Championship. In 1969, Rivera helped Milan to win another European Cup, and he finally won the Ballon d`or. Rivera played for Italy at the World Cups in 1970 and 1974. He played 60 matches for Italy, and scored 14 goals. With the influence of Rivera, Milan won the Lo Scudetto 1972 and 1973 aswell. Milan(with Rivera) played two Cup Winners Cup finals in 1973 and 1974, they won the first final, and lost the second final. This great Italian team won the Coppa Italia several times in the 1970s, but without Rivera who was suspended after some remarks about the Italian referees. In 1979, Rivera won his last Lo Scudetto for Milan before retiring. Rivera played 501 matches and scored 122 goals for Milan in the Serie A. Rivera was not just a fantastic player, he is also a great man.

stor_5025553_12550.jpg

gianni%20rivera.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom