• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

It's 2013 again..

Who should Arsenal have signed in the summer of 2013?

• Total voters

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
That 2013/14 was up there for the greatest season in the PL all time.

Genuinely think we’d have walked the league with him.

He was frightening, the one signing I'm still gutted we missed out on. Think it's fair to say he'd have easily got 30 in our side which would have converted a lot of those draws that cost us into wins.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We definitely wouldn't have got Özil if we got Suarez, wonder were Mes would have ended up in that scenario...if we didn't want him, maybe he would have been more open to a swap for Bale to Sp**s?

Not sure we would have won the league with Suarez, tbh...we haven't really have the mindset for it since the stadium move.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
In hindsight the right move was Griezmann. Poll should really have him on there.

He was ready to move that summer but for whatever reason we totally f*cking bungled it. He’s been a better player than both Özil and Higuain since then and it was our choice not to pursue.

Feel he probably would have been cheaper than Özil in 2013 and maybe we could’ve spent the leftovers on Idrissa Gueye rather than Flamini on a free.

Still would prefer Alexis to Cesc in 2014 and pairing him with AG would’ve been carnage. Best wing duo in Europe with Ronaldo-Bale.
Sure, but that was a little early in his development – we were looking for an established star.

Mbappe was the 'right' move in '16 or whatever, but we can't beat ourselves up for that like we can Higuaín.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sure, but that was a little early in his development – we were looking for an established star.

Mbappe was the 'right' move in '16 or whatever, but we can't beat ourselves up for that like we can Higuaín.

He still scored 16 league goals in a pretty average Sociedad team that year.

Then the next year he scored 22 goals in the equivalent of 27 games. Beyond that he was the most clinical goal scorer in the league.

His 22 goals game from 41 shots on target aka 0.56 goals per shot. No one in the league was anywhere near efficient be it Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Benzema or Messi.

He was a world class player almost straight after we missed the chance to get him. I’m pretty sure if we got him and Özil we’d have won the league that year. I’d have him comfortably above Higuain and Özil as well during that time span.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He still scored 16 league goals in a pretty average Sociedad team that year.

Then the next year he scored 22 goals in the equivalent of 27 games. Beyond that he was the most clinical goal scorer in the league.

His 22 goals game from 41 shots on target aka 0.56 goals per shot. No one in the league was anywhere near efficient be it Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Benzema or Messi.

He was a world class player almost straight after we missed the chance to get him. I’m pretty sure if we got him and Özil we’d have won the league that year. I’d have him comfortably above Higuain and Özil as well during that time span.
Yeah would have obviously been fantastic, but he wasn’t nearly as known a quantity until the season that followed that summer. Fans would have been pretty pissed back then if they’d found out we’d taken him over Özil, IMO.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah would have obviously been fantastic, but he wasn’t nearly as known a quantity until the season that followed that summer. Fans would have been pretty pissed back then if they’d found out we’d taken him over Özil, IMO.

Fans are idiots tbf. If we signed him and everyone complained that’d stop once he’d started banging them in.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom