• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Fresneda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Someone we'll sign and send on loan he not prepared for even being bsbkup here he too young

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Someone we'll sign and send on loan he not prepared for even being bsbkup here he too young
20 million for a project rb when we have a rb on loan a year older better than him. It’s this type of signings that we waste money on and then say we don’t have money to compete

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

This is a worthwhile investment then, allows us to focus on an out an out CB to replace Holding.

Only issue is the 17m is a one off payment. Could be problematic in the short term, if we are looking at a few players in.
Why would we need to if Fresneda comes in? This would make White or Tomiyasu back up CB no?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why would we need to if Fresneda comes in? This would make White or Tomiyasu back up CB no?

I imagine that's the plan, or it's a case of signing a good young potential player where we lack depth.

Ideally that Simakan can come in and be rcb/rb.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I imagine that's the plan, or it's a case of signing a good young potential player where we lack depth.

Ideally that Simakan can come in and be rcb/rb.
I’d rather Fresneda to Simakan. Maybe convert Tomiyasu to CB, a little less chance of getting injured there!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Think we need to replace Holding with a proper CB profile, before turning to White and Tomiyasu.

Also, I see White and Tomiyasu as RB and LB options respectively.

Zinchenko/Tomiyasu----Gabriel/Kiwior-----Saliba/CB------White/BNC/Fresneda

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Think we need to replace Holding with a proper CB profile, before turning to White and Tomiyasu.

Also, I see White and Tomiyasu as RB and LB options respectively.

Zinchenko/Tomiyasu----Gabriel/Kiwior-----Saliba/CB------White/BNC/Fresneda

White is a CB who is doing a good job at Right back.

Tomiyasu, after all the uproar, it seems Kaveh might have been right, he’s not quite either a RB or CB. He has the build and defensive awareness to play CB imo.

I wouldn’t want to use him as a LB, I know he done a job on Salah, but that was literally a man marking job, we won’t get many games where that will be required. Zinchenko will pick up injuries, if Tierney goes, we need to bring another in.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The boy is backup for a team that been relegated. He is not gonna come here as solid option next season. It’s a signing for the future
Underselling him a bit, he started 18 games in la liga. I get what you are saying though, Cancelo would be the ideal choice as he can play both RB and LB equally well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tomiyasu, after all the uproar, it seems Kaveh might have been right, he’s not quite either a RB or CB. He has the build and defensive awareness to play CB imo.

I wouldn’t want to use him as a LB, I know he done a job on Salah, but that was literally a man marking job, we won’t get many games where that will be required. Zinchenko will pick up injuries, if Tierney goes, we need to bring another in.
Yeah we have enough cbs. We need an actual lb if Tierney leaves. Not rbs who can do a job there

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’d rather Fresneda to Simakan. Maybe convert Tomiyasu to CB, a little less chance of getting injured there!

Tomi is a little risky, it just depends how the club see Fresneda, we're short at both positions in full-back.

SA Gunner

Remember, our players play different roles in the same team. White plays CB in addition to RB and can move into midfield as well, like how Stones does for City. Same with Tomiyasu, he moves from left back to center back to right back. Gabriel the same.

Its different abilities available in our backline, to allow us to keep our defensive shape in tact with players moving about, and disrupt marking and pressing plans of the opposition.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Remember, our players play different roles in the same team. White plays CB in addition to RB and can move into midfield as well, like how Stones does for City. Same with Tomiyasu, he moves from left back to center back to right back. Gabriel the same.

Its different abilities available in our backline, to allow us to keep our defensive shape in tact with players moving about, and disrupt marking and pressing plans of the opposition.
If you think of it like that in terms of us playing with 3 CBS, we have Gabriel, Saliba, White, Kiwior, Tomiyasu. The only naturally attacking full back is Zinchenko.

SA Gunner

If you think of it like that in terms of us playing with 3 CBS, we have Gabriel, Saliba, White, Kiwior, Tomiyasu. The only naturally attacking full back is Zinchenko.

And he isnt even a fullback if you think about it. The only natural fullback is Tierney at the club.

I think its more to do with height, strength and defensive ability in our backline. You need a strong base to build consistent attacks off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saliba and Saka are rare cases they shown they elite to preform in top level not every 18 years like them. We not in position signing youngsters and throw them to play we back to elite football so you only sign ready to preform footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom