• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean-Alain Boumsong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robno.7

English trio chase Boumsong

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 77,00.html

Skysports.com understands that Premiership trio Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are battling it out to sign Auxerre defender Jean-Alain Boumsong.
All three clubs are in the chase to sign the powerful central defender in January when the transfer window reopens.

Auxerre are resigned to losing the French international in January, as he is out of contract in the summer, and they would prefer to sell him in the New Year rather than risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

Liverpool have held a long-term interest in the 23-year-old, with Reds boss Gerard Houllier a big admirer of the player's talents.

Arsenal and Chelsea have also been keeping tabs on Boumsong's situation at the Stade Abbe-Deschamps and will rival any move for the defender.

The player's agent Richard Bettoni has admitted there are a host of clubs chasing Boumsong's signature.

"Yes there is a great deal of interest in Jean-Alain from a host of clubs across Europe," said Bettoni.

Boumsong has never hidden his desire to move on to a bigger club and it seems almost certain he will leave Auxerre in January.

AFCG7

Established Member
In a race with Liverpool and Chelsea.. the only thing that will bring Boumsong to us is personal preference.. because if money is involved we are out of it

jc8gooner

I would have him, but I am not too sure that he can break the partnership of Kolo and Campbell. He seems more physically suitable for the Prem-pace and strength.
I don;tthink he would go to Chelsea cos he might not get too many games there. Liverpool seem to be the best bet I would say.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Goonergurjit said:
I wouldn't mind Boumsong if we can't get Mexes. Some would argue that Boumsoung is the better of the two.

maybe, but in kolo and sol we already have two players with the same style as boumsong. Mexes' more intellectual style of play would be complementary to either sol or kol which is why he would be my personal choice. However, it really might be pointless signing a new center back with the solid partnership being developed between kolo and sol as well as capable (if not always fully fit) backup in keown. And if senderos lives up to the expecations built by wenger, we would have adequate cover not for this season only but for years to come. In light of this as well as our financial situation, i would be highly surprised if we actually bought a defender now. our limited resources should be focused on reinforcing the weaker position of an able strike partner for henry, especially due to the possibility of losing 3 strikers by the end of the season.

Arsenal316

I would take Bomsoung or Mexes in our defense in a hearbeat. No questions asked. These two are the future backbone of the French defense. There won't be a chance like this for a long time.

A.Hussain

even wit keown out next season, we will have sol, kolo, cygan, senderos and other youngsters for the job. so no need for more defenders. infact with one or 2 more strikers next season wenger will not have to dip into the market for a while. maybe a new defender 2-3 years later or something like that.

Arsenal316

Guns and Arses said:
Do we have the money? I don't think we need him unless Cygan leaves us. We have enough backup at the moment

We won't need money. Their contracts are up at the end of the year. They will come for free. :p

A.Hussain

we dont need either of them. we have enuff defenders for now. wenger better save all the dough for a slammin striker for our beloved titi :D

n_henry

I do feel that since our recovery at the back, a defender isn't our priority right now. But I'd still like to sign someone if we could. Wouldn't mind to expand our depth. ;)

Though, we've done very well without too much depth. :D

Superdudes

i wouldn't mind getting mexes or boumsong.. if anyone of them were to come, i think think kolo can be shifted to right back.. thus our back 4 will be =cole campbell mexes/boumsong toure= the defence sub will be cygan, keown, lauren (could play at right mid).. i agree that senderos, hoyte and clichy is potentially good but they are only of premier league quality in about 2 more seasons.. for the meantime however, they can expect the odd league cup appearances.. but with mexes and boumsong linked to more financially stable clubs, i think that wenger should find a defender from the ajax team.. if he wants to buy another defender that is.. i'm impressed with the ajax team.. most graduate from the ajax academy and are very young.. though a fe names have been link with the big clubs, not one has received a real offer.. Arsène might though.. :)

lewdikris

Established Member
I like Boumsong a lot - and as I think Kolo may have his greatest future as a Thuram type figure, switching between right back and centre back, the idea of
a Kolo - Boumsong - Sol - Ash back line is simply mouthwatering. So goddamn strong, and gives Ash full license to do what he does best and bomb on whilst the big fellas take care of the back line.

n_henry

I'd like to see Kolo at RB too....Lauren's decent, but doesn't have too much longer probably, so Kolo would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom