• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens told to calm it a little

Alexone234

reports on Sky news claim the Wenger has had a couple of words with Lehman over his temper. Wenger must be sure that he is an important part of our great defensive record and doesn;t want to lose him for something silly

As we all know, 'Mad' Jens is prone to going of the deep end re:Kevin Phillips incident.

mood

Looks like you guys don't know Lehmann too well just yet. When he used to be with Dortmund he used to get sent off in big games. I remember him being sent off against Dortmund. This guy's got a bad attitude.

laolu

mood said:
Looks like you guys don't know Lehmann too well just yet. When he used to be with Dortmund he used to get sent off in big games. I remember him being sent off against Dortmund. This guy's got a bad attitude.

against dortmund?

do u mean bayern?

Mark

Established Member
The only time I've really seen Lehmann lose it was with kevin phillips. I think his temper has improved anyway.

he hasnt been too bad for us, considering that there is more physical contact on the keepers compared to what he is used to.

he also holds the record in the bundis liga for the most dismissals by a goal keeper (or sumtin like that).

i can recall 2 incidents so far where he went off...

*against kevin phillips
*against manure when he eyeballed and abused the ref for vieiras send off.

Soler

Established Member
The incident against ManUre cancels itself out as the whole team went over board then.

Jinn

Established Member
He's been great for what we paid for him, and we definitely couldn't have continued with Seaman or Taylor.

Alexone234

I think that the back four like Jens too, plus he seems to enjoy the set up at Arsenal. Already he has been one of the defensive differences between this season and last season.

Mad, crazy or not. Long live the Jens!!!!!

torgrim

I actually LIKE the rogue branding. It's not like he's done anything shocking or terrible, he is emotional and get involved in the game. At Schalke he smacked one of he's team-mates... but he's done well and I'm quite pleased with him this far.

Sammer

Established Member
Here´s the whole story on itv.news:

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/News/story_98049.shtml

Here are some excerpts:

"Wenger told the Evening Standard: "It is different in this country and I like it the way it is. I think, overall, Jens likes it here too. It's always a shock to the system when a player comes over from Europe but he's bright and knows when he's done wrong."

"After a game when he's over-reacted, he will say sorry. He knows he must learn to keep his cool and I've told him that, but he is determined and always wants to win the game. Since he has joined the club he's made a big impact and I've been very pleased with him."

JGooner

he is a very good, though not truly great, goalkeeper. he does, however, need to "check his head", as the beastie boys would say. he loses composure very quickly, which results in two undesirable consequences: (1) technical errors, such as the the CL gaffes, (2) behavioural misdemeanours, such as the Phillips incident, the arguments with strikers that he gets into every week, and the virtual sodomising of Danny Mills today which could have resulted in a penalty. If he doesn't calm down, it could cost us in a big game - especially against a sly and canny striker like RvN who will provoke him into going mental.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
1. We're not looking for another keeper.

2. Too much is made about a couple of red cards in Germany. He's certainly no nutter in the red nosed racist category.

3. That Phillips incident. Lets be realistic, he didn't exactly throw the ball hard at the tosser, did he. Yes it was silly and he shouldn't have done it, but lets not build it up too much. It was a tap.

4. Mancs. Remember he got rugby tackled to the ground.

5. 'Mad' Jens is a media hype. If he'd signed for someone else he'd be called 'spirited'.

6. He's gonna win himself some medals this season!!!!!!!!

Mark

Established Member
that's a good point, today when he was pushing mills i think it was a penalty, we were very lucky to get away with that, it could've changed the game completely. he will need to stop doing that.

Sammer

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
1. We're not looking for another keeper.

2. Too much is made about a couple of red cards in Germany. He's certainly no nutter in the red nosed racist category.

3. That Phillips incident. Lets be realistic, he didn't exactly throw the ball hard at the tosser, did he. Yes it was silly and he shouldn't have done it, but lets not build it up too much. It was a tap.

4. Mancs. Remember he got rugby tackled to the ground.

5. 'Mad' Jens is a media hype. If he'd signed for someone else he'd be called 'spirited'.

6. He's gonna win himself some medals this season!!!!!!!!

to 2:

Exactly. It was actually two straight red´s in his career (one of it for shaking is own teammate as far as I reacall).

to 3:

Philips got charged by the FA and pleaded guilty. The guy is a **** and deliberately kicked Jens.

I agree though, that he has to watch out for the RVN striker type, that will try to get him sent off.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom