• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermaine Pennant

Will he come back?

• yes, definantely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, AW will sell him

• I think we shd sell him

• Total voters

Henry's Girl

I know his loan has been extended, but my mate said something about him not coming back(she read this somewhere).
Does anyone think he will come back or we would sell him

Gooner83

He held a party and never invited any leeds players :lol:

I think when he comes back we will see more off him, because is it just me or doesn't Ljungberg pick up about 10injuries a year. :x

jc8gooner

I would like to see him come back and maybe get a few more games on the right side of midfield next season when Ljungberg is injured or when he needs to be rested- Cup games for example. I am not sure he has what it takes to make it at Arsenal, but he needs to be given a go. I still can't get that hat-trick last season out of my head.

Mark

Established Member
i think he'll be back. wenger didn't let leeds play him in the fa cup against us, so he won't be cup tied towards the end of the season when we may need him to play for us in the cup when we rest pires or freddie. wenger will bring him back whenever he feels it necessary, but for now let him gain more experience at leeds.

laolu

Mark said:
i think he'll be back. wenger didn't let leeds play him in the fa cup against us, so he won't be cup tied towards the end of the season when we may need him to play for us in the cup when we rest pires or freddie. wenger will bring him back whenever he feels it necessary, but for now let him gain more experience at leeds.

exactly, the fact that he didn't want him to be cup-tied shows Wenger might still have plans for him

Mark

Established Member
well seanconvey that's a possibility, but january is almost over and he hasn't even been linked with any other club, and leeds certainly cant afford to keep him.

Henry's Girl

Mark said:
good point :)

seanconvey66

I really cant see him coming back, hope im wrong cos i rate him, but if he was really in the plans wouldnt he would have beem called bk during the syriker crisis, and/or would have got his chance during the Carling Cup, really think hes being put in the shop window like Volz and Svard.

lewdikris

Established Member
I still have no real idea if JP will come back or not. Some days I think 'definitely', some days I think no 'chance'...

My gut instinct is that Wenger won't bring him back this season - expect Wiltord to fill in again if Freddie gets injured, i guess, now he's redundant up front (!)...

But whether he returns, who knows?

Part of what Reyes is there for is to be flexible, even though he's here mostly as a striker ... and Wenger might look at Bentley and Ali and think he'd rather have them in the first XI if one of the wingers gets injured and move Reyes out wide than keep Pennant - who he blatantly doesn't trust not to throw a strop - and only use him infrequently.

But then, maybe he is just toughening him up before unleashing him next year.

It's all very confusing....

Mark

Established Member
i understand wot u mean sean, and i can't really argue. the only thing i have to backup what i think is that wenger didn't play him in the fa cup because he must see him playing for us later in the season if he is needed. maybe wenger just doesn't feel pennant has improved enough yet and wants him to spend more time there, the fact that he keeps extending it by only one month every month is another sign that he doesnt want it extended to the end of the season because we might not be able to recall him.

seanconvey66

No because i saw an article on espns website saying he could recall Jeffers and hes on a season loan also Volz had the same clause. How many players has Wenger loaned out that have come bk? Only Cole and Taylor who both went on loan very early on in their careers. Noble, Volz, Halls, Chilvers, Barrett, Sidwell, Upson, Manninger, the list goes on. I see a trend here, and id put money on Pennant, Jeffers, GvB, Shabhan, Svard and Tav joining that list.

MAK

I can't see him coming back as we have signed Reyes who can play in his position. If Bergkamp is offered a new deal and also Wiltord then there is no room for Pennant. With Bentley as back up it would not make sense to hang on to the older Pennant. A career at Bongo F.C. no doubt beckons.

My belief is that Wenger rates his ability but has serious doubts about the boys attitude. Once Wenger loses his belief in a player he very rarely goes back on that, in fact I can't think of a time that he has. He can often see things in players, good and bad, that others do not. Once he has made up his mind he doesn't look back. He was unconvinced that Upson could stay fit and match the pace required by Arsenal as they play around 70 matches a season. Each match having such high stakes. A bit different to the footballing back water that is England's second city. I may be alone in the belief that it was not Upson's departure alone that cost us the title lsst season. We had too many injuries together at key times.

So what of Pennant. If Wiltord goes then Pennant may stay but at the age of 22 will be happy at being understudy to Freddie? By the age of 22 Giggs had a couple of league titles under his belt. Pennant needs first team football week in, week out. He will not get that at Highbury. The choice may be his and suspect he will move on.

TB*Gooner*

I think he will replace Freddie next season or the season after that and it will be great :D

Freddie might get a bit left out in matches when Bergkamp leaves so I think Pennant might take his place. Also, as many of u pointed out, Freddie is injured a lot.
I heard a rumour that Wenger offered Chelski to get Ljungberg last summer but they said no. I think Inter wanted him...

But as a swede I hope Freddie stays :wink:

Andrew

I think he'll be sold. Wenger sees Bentley and Ali as great prospects so won't loan them out. So I have a feeling that anyone who gets loaned out is in a view to sell. I wouldn't mind too much anyway because I don't think Pennant's good enough for us at th emoment.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom