• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome thomas to charlton

lewdikris

Established Member
Doesn't surprise me at all - it's been clear for a while that he's not one of the kids Wenger wants to move through to the first team.

All the concentration's on Cesc, Bentley, Ali, Senderos, Hoyte, Clichy ... and probably Ryan Smith and Quincey later on.

Best of luck to him. He'll be pretty decent.

Sol man

Its unfortunate for him but I wish him luck. He has the kind of attitude I wish pennant had but I guess the Reyes deal made it clear to him that his future was not here.

Mark

Established Member
i think we could've got more than that for him. not sure if that was such a good deal, but never mind. i doubt he had a future here anyway.

The Mini

No, Arsène would waste an oportunity if he sells Thomas, he's the future Pires or Ljungberg, playing out wide

A

Anonymous

Good luck to him, he will do well at Charlton. He was never quite good enough to make it at Arsenal. Hes another Rohan Ricketts.

Pat's missing Gerbil

cant blame him for going in the circumstances. He looked pretty decent to me...........first class but not world class.........hope he does well. Charlton are a club where he will prosper.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think he will get more opportunities at Charlton than here.. so in that sense its a good move for him.
Its always sad news though when we lose one of our promising players

Gunner Ossie

I always thought J Thomas was a left winger not a striker, if thats the case I dont see quincy having anthing to do with his sale. Further more, I did not see us having an abundance of left wingers, bearing pires's age in mind.

I dont understand how some of you guys are saying oh well or good luck, coz If smith is too young and reyes proves to be better employed up front, an injury to pires would mean we would have jumble the whole team around. ie edu or ljungberg to the left, where they may not be as effective.

I dont mind us selling players, but Ide prefere to see someone better arrive before we do so.

if reyes is to be the replacement for pires, it means we still may not have found the partner fot henry, and may probably have to buy again.

Think about we currently have no understudy (nearing the first team) for pires, if thomas goes, nor an understudy for ljunberg if pennant goes, and this cant be good, if we are trying to save our money.

satan_beckham

he never really impresses in arsenal,but i remember he did well in the lower divisions when he was on loan..think he is that sort of player that will do well at a lower level but not at a top club...now i am just waiting when its pennant's turn!

Andrew

Gunner Ossie said:
I always thought J Thomas was a left winger not a striker, if thats the case I dont see quincy having anthing to do with his sale. Further more, I did not see us having an abundance of left wingers, bearing pires's age in mind.

I think he just wasn't in his plans. I'm not saying the Quincy was the sole reason he was sold. It's just if Thomas doesn't start those Carling Cup games (where Bentley plays out of position as a left winger and a 17 year old plays as a striker) then it was quite predictable that Thomas didn't have a future here. His chances of ever breaking into the first team was next to none.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom