• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

There have to be more options than Cancelo at 45-50m.

Even if its a full back who has to be coached abit in preseason. Cancelo can't be the only fullback who can invert.

Just like Partey isn't the only player in world football that can play a single pivot.

There's always more out there it's a matter of looking.

I don't think we're that interested in signing him, but I just understand the attraction of the player at 40/45M. On paper he's premier league and CL ready, he adds age and experience to our backline and he can play the inverted role at either RB or LB, which looking at our team now we'll have to go out and buy a player for both or utilise what we have. To have a player who can fill in for CL/PL games you're looking minimum 25/30M on each.

Personally, I see us going more for someone like that Simikan bloke who can play RCB and RB and we'll use Kiwi and Tomi as backup lb's.

But I think we'd be stronger with Simikan and Cancelo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The 2 players we bought from city have both been meh and as the season gone on their weakness has become clearer and clearer

Sparrahork

Possibly the first time I have (partially) agreed with you!💪🤣

Zinny and jesus haven't hit their earlier heights, zinny in part as he is essentially a midfielder reliant on two very good centre backs to mop up if his defending is lax. Jesus simply hasn't found his mojo again since his injury, it'll hopefully come.

With kt looking gone we will need a replacement at left back, his ability as a right back too cannot be ignored.

I take your previous points that his main strength is going forward into midfield, for games when we need more defensive nous white or Tomi play at right back, then between cancelo and zinny for left back. As I have said before if cancelo then zinny can be an option as a 3, 8 or 10 off the bench or possibly a starting 8 knowing who and what he needs to cover.

It would be naive to think tets will play with two conventional full backs, not what he does.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Zinny is the most important player in our team. Arteta wants to play with inverted left or right back, and it's very difficult to find such kind of players. Party showed that he cannot played the role. This makes me believe that Arsenal will make a bid for Cancelo. Defense might be shaky with Zinny and Cancelo, but we can play a very sexy football with them. We can even move Zinny to LCM role. He will definitely better than Xhaka.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Don't understand why people complain about his wage. His wage is about 70k to 80k per week. It's very normal for EPL players. We can have him with weekly wage of at most 100k.
Anyway, MC won't sell any other player to Arsenal, but ironically, AM folks reject Cancelo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Zinny is the most important player in our team. Arteta wants to play with inverted left or right back, and it's very difficult to find such kind of players. Party showed that he cannot played the role. This makes me believe that Arsenal will make a bid for Cancelo. Defense might be shaky with Zinny and Cancelo, but we can play a very sexy football with them. We can even move Zinny to LCM role. He will definitely better than Xhaka.

I think Cancelo will be under consideration but I can’t see it happening if the price is too high. Cancelo is also a more attacking interior than Zinny, so I see him as far up as the left/right 8 more than in a double pivot.

Think we go for Fresneda instead, younger, cheaper and can do an inverted fullback role, in addition to Caicedo and White as well.

Sparrahork

I think Cancelo will be under consideration but I can’t see it happening if the price is too high. Cancelo is also a more attacking interior than Zinny, so I see him as far up as the left/right 8 more than in a double pivot.

Think we go for Fresneda instead, younger, cheaper and can do an inverted fullback role, in addition to Caicedo and White as well.
I am yet to see fresneda play, I would think a lot suggesting his signature are in that boat too.

From reports he is promising but has struggled when playing left back. I think there will be a world of difference between cancelo and a rough gem, my concern being the former gets many minutes, fresneda not risked and limited to fleeting appearances thus not allowing him to develop into the player he can be.

I am also concerned fresneda is predominantly a right back, when it seems our greater need now is on the left if kt is to leave. Would we need a left back as well if fresneda is to be preferred?

If we are to sign caicedo there is potential for him to fill in at right back as he has done for Brighton. I simply think overall cancelo would be a smarter signing at this point in our evolution.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we're looking at right back that can play inverter and right or left back Juranovic should be on our radar. Plays right back for Croatia, played inverted right and left back for Celtic currently playing for Union Berlin (I'm sure our resident Germans can give more detail since he has moved)

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I learned this season when you play against (Bukayo) Saka, Vinicius (Jr), (Gabriel) Martinelli, (Mohamed) Salah or (Sadio) Mane in the past, you need a proper defender to win duels one-v-one.

While pep has moved away from the likes of Zinchenko and cancelo. Our idiot manager is still obsessed. So much so that he got the fright of his life against Newcastle Murphy who has ripping Zinchenko and subbed him before 60 mins after costing him before

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Sutalo, Fresneda for the price of Cancelo.

Rice, Caicedo, and that Haaland PES regen from Atalanta.

Bin Holding, Xhaka, KT, Tavares, Balogun (goodbye sweet prince), Pepe (you too), ESR (you three), Nketiah.

Saliba signs new deal (unlikely). We eat good.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I learned this season when you play against (Bukayo) Saka, Vinicius (Jr), (Gabriel) Martinelli, (Mohamed) Salah or (Sadio) Mane in the past, you need a proper defender to win duels one-v-one.

While pep has moved away from the likes of Zinchenko and cancelo. Our idiot manager is still obsessed. So much so that he got the fright of his life against Newcastle Murphy who has ripping Zinchenko and subbed him before 60 mins after costing him before
I read that too. Funny thing is that while Zinchenko and Cancelo were both at City they averaged 31 goals against per season in PL. Right now they are at… 31, with two games left to play. Go figure.

It can’t be that a guy like Pep who is a bit self-obsessed and has a history of falling out with players at the tiniest sign of critique is trying to justify his behavior?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Manchester City have set a 40m euro (£35m) asking price for Portugal full-back Joao Cancelo, who is currently on loan at Bayern Munich, with Barcelona interested in the 28-year-old. (Sport - in Spanish)

ChefMan21

Manchester City have set a 40m euro (£35m) asking price for Portugal full-back Joao Cancelo, who is currently on loan at Bayern Munich, with Barcelona interested in the 28-year-old. (Sport - in Spanish)
**** me that's cheap to the point of not being believable?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I read that too. Funny thing is that while Zinchenko and Cancelo were both at City they averaged 31 goals against per season in PL. Right now they are at… 31, with two games left to play. Go figure.

It can’t be that a guy like Pep who is a bit self-obsessed and has a history of falling out with players at the tiniest sign of critique is trying to justify his behavior?
Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Sky showed a stat the other day. Basically why did City win the league. City's goals against was way higher first half of the season and significantly lower second half. Every metric except one was down. If they kept the second half form consistent that average number would be lower. Ultimately it's why they won and we lost the league. Forwards win games defences win titles.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

**** me that's cheap to the point of not being believable?
I said this would happen if City cannot find a seller. They aren't stupid. 200k per week is a hefty chunk to spend on a player they don't want. Best to lower the fee, get something and remove the wage. Banks 45m for Ffp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom