• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho (Out)

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This would mean Caicedo makes sense. Or we get Rice for 6 and are targeting two more attacking left 8's :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If it was the choice between keeping Jorginho or Partey as 6 back up to Caicedo or whoever I'm picking Jorginho.

Albeit it isn't fully for football reasons.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can Lazio afford him/wages? Or is this one of those "loan with option"/"you pay us for taking your player" ?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sarri is massive fan depend on Jorginho willing to go back to italy and lazio offer him good wages.

He very useful player to have specially in CL. He have good experience

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He only signed an 18 month deal with us, right? So will leave on a free next year unless we sell or extend?

Pop Tart

Established Member
Been a useful and calm presence in midfield for us. Hope he stays. prefer him over partey in all honesty

DuBB

I don't know whether this is true, but it makes sense, and I literally outlined this entire scenario in a post on February 1st when we signed him:

I didn't read any of the transfer thread because I was sure this place would be in meltdown. But I'm not against the signing.

18 month deal?

Elneny basically out for the season, but we extend the option on Elneny's deal by a year?

Reported almost immediately that we'd be going back in for both Rice and Caicedo?

Hmmm.

When you put together all the context clues, what this sounds like to me is an expensive emergency loan. But we all know Chelsea would not have loaned us Jorginho, so we had to buy him outright.

Elneny backing up Partey in this title run would leave us close to drowning. Jorginho backing up Partey in this run allows us to tread water comfortably.

I say all that to say this - I'm not predicting anything, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we sold Jorginho in the summer.

I'm glad he's here. He's an upgrade on our bench, and his outlay isn't prohibitive. The long term investment signing didn't work out in Caicedo, but Jorginho is the perfect in-between between a bigger gamble like Onana, or doing nothing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We cannot afford to lose both Xhaka and Jorginho this window, Im sorry that is not good planning to me.

Ideally we keep Jorgi and Xhaka as well, we can afford to do this and give them better deals as well if need be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bit like not extending pirlo for that reason...jorginho is quick in the head, not in the body. He will play into his late 30s to same standard he always has
I think he very elite tactically but pace is important I'm kinda worried about him getting bypassed usually and lose so many 50/50

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom