• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Josh Kroenke Joins the Arsenal Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouterus

Arsenal Football Club has announced that Josh Kroenke has been appointed as a non-executive director.
Announcing the appointment, Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick said: “We are delighted to welcome Josh Kroenke to the board of Arsenal. He has great experience in running sports organisations and brings extensive knowledge of what is required to succeed as we develop our Club for the future.”
josh-kroenke.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/josh-kroenke-joins-the-arsenal-board" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... enal-board</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2518946/Arsenal-appoint-Josh-Kroenke-Stan-Kroenkes-son-non-executive-director.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ector.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not happy with this at all. Instead of appointing someone who actually knows a thing or two about football and running football clubs, we appoint some university graduate who also happens to be the son of the majority shareholder. Any other thoughts?

VAVAVOOM 14

****ing nepotism at it's finest.

We'll be like United and the Glazier's shortly.

Really can't stand any of the hierarchy at the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A Four in Hand Knot for a non-exec director of Arsenal Football Club?

**** off.

Vibra

Established Member
How is it nepotism? He's the future owner of the club, the owners have always been on the board. And from what I've understood they are serious about their long term commitment to the club, I read somewhere that Kroenke has never sold a share in any of his sports teams. And they pretty much said straight up that they won't interfere with the footballing side and only try and use their experience to help on the financial side to help us in the long term. Who knows if it helps us in the long run but it seems to me that their intentions are good. And besides, Kroenke is the majority owner, he can do whatever he wants

Herbas

Josh Kroenke is also president of the Colorado Avalanche NHL ice hockey team, who are enjoying their best ever start to a season, and is the alternate governor of the Colorado Rapids Major League Soccer team.
the past three serving as the NBA club’s president and governor.

Not a bad CV to be honest. But either he doesn't do anything significant in all these posts, or his attention will be too divided among the teams for any real impact. Don't see a way to be successful in more than one position at once.

VAVAVOOM 14

Vibra said:
How is it nepotism? He's the future owner of the club, the owners have always been on the board. And from what I've understood they are serious about their long term commitment to the club, I read somewhere that Kroenke has never sold a share in any of his sports teams. And they pretty much said straight up that they won't interfere with the footballing side and only try and use their experience to help on the financial side to help us in the long term. Who knows if it helps us in the long run but it seems to me that their intentions are good. And besides, Kroenke is the majority owner, he can do whatever he wants

Look up the definition of "nepotism" and you will see that it is.

Yes, Kroenke can do whatever he wants, whats your point?

It doesn't change the fact that it's nepotism.

Vibra

Established Member
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Vibra said:

Look up the definition of "nepotism" and you will see that it is.

Yes, Kroenke can do whatever he wants, whats your point?

It doesn't change the fact that it's nepotism.

Making an unqualified 23 year old friend of your son the chief scout is nepotism, making a person who you trust completely and who already runs one of your businesses be a part of another is not

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Josh K would never have become a non-executive director at Arsenal FC, if it wasn't for his father.

So it's nepotism.

spartandre217

Established Member
Nepotism sucks and there are many many anecdotes to support the belief that it's bad. But there are tons of well educated people whose families own large enterprises and they still manage to go on to make significant and valuable contributions.

My biggest concern is whether his having gotten whatever he wants and being born into privilege and power will have any negative effects on his attitude and interaction with regular folk. The superficial stuff is easy to fake, but deep-seated attitudes are hard to mask for long periods and could be the source of major contention going forward.

Major shareholders can appoint any representative(s) they deem adequate to serve on the board, Josh counts. Doubly so as he's been involved intimately with sports franchises in the past.
TL;DR

You don't trust your son to help manage and eventually own a business valued at over 1Billion with projected growth over the next 15 years if hes an idiot. That said, it doesnt mean this person isn't an utter despicable c***.

Vibra

Established Member
Besides, if everything goes tits up, Kroenke's son is a member of the richest family in the US on his mothers side so he can go all Usmanov on us

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
:D

What a load of .....

The Kroenke's might not be as bad for Arsenal as the Glazer's for the Mancs. But that's it. These people got rich because they know how to make money (for themselves!), they're only using the club to make more money for themselves. They're only in it because they're getting a good return on investment. They're only going to put their own money in it if they can get more money back. If for whatever reason everything goes tits up, they're not going to help by donating (part of) their family fortune.

k24bfan

Josh is our future owner(Stan like Wenger is not a young guy) so it's only natural he be brought in the fold I will have issues if we don't add additional members who can help on the football side to guide him.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Will wait and see how he does before jumping on the bandwagon of "he sucks! Doesn't know anything about football! Kick him out!"

If anything us Arsenal fans have learned, is not to judge anyone before they have shown us what they can and/or can't do.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Big load of nothing. It may be nepotism, but he's obviously well qualified so what's the fuss? Better that he learns the inner workings of the club at a young age and, should he eventually take over from his father, be equipped to run things smoothly.

Fans today focus too much on ultimately insignificant things.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Our club survived Hill Wood (in case you forgot, he's the guy who criticised Dein for investing his own money into the club), it will survive Josh ****ing Kroenke as well. The board has been pretty much useless since the Dein and Fiszman days in the 90s, and it really doesn't come as a surprise that Kroenke's son joins the board either, his father said as much in earlier interviews. I don't mind the lack of investment too much as that's been the case for about two decades, and I can live with him on the board as long as him and his family don't try any funny **** regarding the finances, which seems very unlikely, looking at their managerial style in the past.

The bigger issue is what kind of people their family brings to the executive side of the club, not exactly impressed with Gazidis', Fox' and Law's work so far.

G0D

Almighty
Vibra said:
Besides, if everything goes tits up, Kroenke's son is a member of the richest family in the US on his mothers side so he can go all Usmanov on us
Richest family in the world isn't it, rather than just US?

Anywho, the guy has a lot of experience with sports teams, is clearly trusted by his father and will inevitably take over from Stan at one stage in time. If anything, this appointment illustrates further more that the Kroenke's aren't going anywhere in the long term so I don't really see the problem here.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Looks like a douchebag with his Vaseline parted hair line and I'll fitting suits. God gave you money, but no taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom