• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Josh Kroenke Joins the Arsenal Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Camel said:
AnthonyG said:
Christ here we go again. More ignorant bollocks being spouted about what our board does or doesn't do or what Gazidis does or doesn't do, all against the backdrop of having spunked 42million on a player. Oh, but we could have done it better! **** off.

What we see is nepotism and it is a fact.

Kroenke also didn't spend a single penny from his billions on Özil. It was all from the club's hard earned money, fans' money mostly from gate revenue, OUR money to be precise. Maybe, maybe we should thank him that he let the club spend it's money.
Which for years has been the plan - albeit a very frustrating plan - to allow the club to generate its own revenue and be self sufficient.

That was the plan, so when the day of reckoning occurs and Roman Abramovich and the Shiekh retire from football their respective clubs are left unable to meet operating expenses and fold that we would be sheltered from an equivalent financial armageddon as our money came from supports, came from sponsors and was never supplemented in any way by a sugar daddy who could up and leave at any given moment.

So while I admit it has been a frustrating climb to this point and one that I doubted would ever happen believing it was smoke and mirrors we are seeing now the fruition of the plan, a point where we are capable of spending 40m on one player in addition to seeing our young guns realise their potential (Ramsey, Gibbs, Wilshere, Szczesny). This is a huge defining moment in our history, United who have dominated English football throughout my life time and the life time of the Premier League have been knocked off top spot, Arsenal have refound some magic both on and off the pitch, a strategy that has been difficult to swallow is coming to fruition lets just enjoy this time and witness a major shift in power domestically and hopefully in Europe, something I believe this team can finally crack.

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
@ yuvken

where do you get the idea Josh has "vast experience in sports management"?
... ownership of the Nuggets and Avalanche as a result of NFL cross-ownership requirements re sports teams.

He's 33 & has 3 years of actual experience as the main man.
But… you found it yourself :roll: or the word "vast" for you has to mean 33 years as an owner of 3 major sports franchises? or is this the real problem:
I note that neither franchise have won their Division or Conference since before he took over.
"He has the bug of not winning". Brings with him more of that faulty DNA.
Remember: dude comes here as a non executive director. Has some useful knowledge and experience on the business side, and runs the show for 3 (!) major sports franchises in the US. That must be considered as serious relevant experience.
As for the football side of things - raises the question of AW as DoF rather than manager in regards to work load. When he goes I want to see a change in strategy
Ah, when he goes. Meanwhile you agree, that is? bit different to what you initially said.

Anzac

Established Member
@ yuvken

1. what's the 3rd franchise he's owned these past 3 years?

2. 3 years is 3 years and is not vast experience IMO;

3. The point re not winning was to indicate that he's not some wiz-kid natural with the midas touch;

4. 33 years of age as owner & president when he's still getting his feet wet in the world - he's a year older than the likes of Arteta, Rosicky & Sagna. I'm saying I don't want to see him take over ownership or the top job here anytime soon as he knows SFA about this 'product' as yet;

5. Nope - opposed to the situation whereby any 1 person has total control over any aspect, just acknowledging that it is already in place & likely to remain so whilst AW remains.

GOONER1991

Established Member
As far as I'm concerned, since Kroenke has been here, we have increased our commercial revenue, negotiated substantially improved kit deals, increased our global standings with summer tours, trebled our transfer record, while also not treating the club like his football manager 2013 play-thing (see Abramovich). While things don't look to bleak on the footballing front at the moment either. So if he wants to get his son (our future owner) involved, until a problem arises, I don't see why we should have an issue with it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Best thing to happen to Arsenal this century I’d argue.

Lovely pictures of him and Saka.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is a thread for KSE and its members.

Lets use that one instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom