• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joshua (Rasmi) Zirkzee

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It makes zero sense to play double for Gyokeres than what Zirkzee would cost. Jesus is not going anywhere so Jesus havertz and 100 million euro striker would be too much
It does, because Gyökeres is proven durable, and experienced. Gyökeres has never been injured basically while playing huge amount of minutes, while those inexperienced players can maybe be expected to play/stay fit 50-70% of games (at least for the couple first years until they adjust), so the price difference is much closer already for what you can expect to get.

And there is the risk that they turn out injury-prone. Zirkzee has already had some injuries. With Gyökeres you can assume he won't turn out injury-prone, same as someone like Rice. Which in part made him so cheap. People love how durable Havertz is even with running so much, and Gyökeres is similar.

Jesus can play on both wings and is injury-prone, and Havertz can rotate midfield in addition to false 9.

I'm fine with any of Gyökeres, Sesko or Zirkzee. But at Arsenal's current situation Gyökeres is clearly the best choice for instant challenge. Arsenal doesn't have to buy development players anymore, but can build the team to a winning team as fast as possible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It does, because Gyökeres is proven durable, and experienced. Gyökeres has never been injured basically while playing huge amount of minutes, while those inexperienced players can maybe be expected to play/stay fit 50-70% of games (at least for the couple first years until they adjust), so the price difference is much closer already for what you can expect to get.

And there is the risk that they turn out injury-prone. Zirkzee has already had some injuries. With Gyökeres you can assume he won't turn out injury-prone, same as someone like Rice. Which in part made him so cheap. People love how durable Havertz is even with running so much, and Gyökeres is similar.

Jesus can play on both wings and is injury-prone, and Havertz can rotate midfield in addition to false 9.

I'm fine with any of Gyökeres, Sesko or Zirkzee. But at Arsenal's current situation Gyökeres is clearly the best choice for instant challenge. Arsenal doesn't have to buy development players anymore, but can build the team to a winning team as fast as possible.
Zirkzee is much more talented and I’m sure the club believes he has much higher ceiling. Gyokeres is basically a young Danny Ings playing in poor league.

drippin

Zirkzee is much more talented and I’m sure the club believes he has much higher ceiling. Gyokeres is basically a young Danny Ings playing in poor league.
We'll see. I think Gyökeres is the best option for current Arsenal level and fit.

Gyökeres is more durable, faster, better engine for pressing, better finisher etc. Zirkzee maybe a bit better as a false 9 currently, but Gyö can learn it and has good vision. The age difference is only 3 years.

I assume Sesko and Zirkzee are backup options if Sporting doesn't negotiate a good deal. And to show them that there are good cheaper options on the market for price comparison.

Sulosky

Can't help but the name Zirkzee reminds me of Dude, Where's My Car:

CHMIRv.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We'll see. I think Gyökeres is the best option for current Arsenal level and fit.

Gyökeres is more durable, faster, better engine for pressing, better finisher etc. Zirkzee maybe a bit better as a false 9 currently, but Gyö can learn it and has good vision. The age difference is only 3 years.

I assume Sesko and Zirkzee are backup options if Sporting doesn't negotiate a good deal. And to show them that there are good cheaper options on the market for price comparison.

We are literally one of the best teams in the world and you want us to buy a striker who went messing in a playoff final vs ****ing luton to improve us. You don't buy a 26 year old scoring goals in the Portuguese league.

He has 22 goals. The person below him has 21. Who the **** is Banza? Mujica has 18. Maybe it isn't hard to score in that league?

I keep seeing this physicality argument. He didn't boss the championship physically. He isn't coming to the league and outpacing and bullying premier league defenders.

I'd take Osimhen over him anyday. Gyokeres is also **** in the air. I don't see is buying a striker who can't header.

drippin

We are literally one of the best teams in the world and you want us to buy a striker who went messing in a playoff final vs ****ing luton to improve us. You don't buy a 26 year old scoring goals in the Portuguese league.

He has 22 goals. The person below him has 21. Who the **** is Banza? Mujica has 18. Maybe it isn't hard to score in that league?

I keep seeing this physicality argument. He didn't boss the championship physically. He isn't coming to the league and outpacing and bullying premier league defenders.
Not gonna bother to argue about this. You seem clearly triggered?
I'd take Osimhen over him anyday. Gyokeres is also **** in the air. I don't see is buying a striker who can't header.
Where have you got the impression he is **** in the air? Anything to prove it?

It's not about "taking Osimhen". Osimhen isn't even in the rumours anymore, because of his overall price and how good Havertz is.

It makes absolutely no sense to go for an expensive striker like Osimhen. The maximum sum Arsenal should go for is Gyökeres, but I understand if they go for Sesko or Zirkzee as there are other needs, and Havertz proving to being a beast false 9.

Osimhen's wages are at least double than Gyökeres wages, and he costs like 20 milion more. So the total fee is over 50 million pounds more. Plus his injury record.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s funny if he did turn up in the playoff final he would be playing pl football with Coventry now. And Banza is 1 goal less, but played 636 minutes less in the league. Banza was an average player in France. The other guy you mentioned was a guy leeds in the championship decided was not good enough

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Kai’s form has made us pivot. I think Zirkzee is a perfect player to have in the squad who can be given time to adapt and improve while Jesus/Kai do the majority.

Havertz has scored 10 goals in all competitions so far and that's in line what he has done before since he moved to England. He should not be our first choice striker next season.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Havertz has scored 10 goals in all competitions so far and that's in line what he has done before since he moved to England. He should not be our first choice striker next season.

I don’t disagree, just my thoughts on what the club will do. He has 8 in 7 playing CF.

CannonBals

Just don't get why people want Gyokeres.
I can get on board with a 21/22 year old striker who has room to grow like some other options we are looking at.

But Gyokeres even at 60/70m would be an insane buy. The numbers don't translate well when a player moves to PL. And I have no idea why years in the Championship are cited as proof of his quality.
I agree it just doesn't make sense.

(Although needless to say if we do sign him I'll be onboard, Arteta/Edu have earned that)

drippin

Just don't get why people want Gyokeres.
I can get on board with a 21/22 year old striker who has room to grow like some other options we are looking at.

But Gyokeres even at 60/70m would be an insane buy. The numbers don't translate well when a player moves to PL. And I have no idea why years in the Championship are cited as proof of his quality.
I agree it just doesn't make sense.

(Although needless to say if we do sign him I'll be onboard, Arteta/Edu have earned that)
Because Nunez has translated pretty well, but Gyökeres is clearly a calmer finisher and better with his left foot. There are manu successful transfers from Portugal to EPL.

And Gyökeres had similar seasons as Toney's and Solanke's best Championship seasons, in a much worse attacking team. And they are now top EPL strikers a couple years later. And Gyökeres is faster.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Osimhen's wages are at least double than Gyökeres wages, and he costs like 20 milion more. So the total fee is over 50 million pounds more. Plus his injury record.

I swear the days of us needing profit for paying off the stadium debt has done a number on some of you

Ever heard the saying 'buy cheap, buy twice', it definitely applies to cheaper players most of the time. There's allot to be said for buying the best player you can get and locking the position down for 5-6 years

Having said that Zirkzee does look a talent

CannonBals

Because Nunez has translated pretty well, but Gyökeres is clearly a calmer finisher and better with his left foot. There are manu successful transfers from Portugal to EPL.

And Gyökeres had similar seasons as Toney's and Solanke's best Championship seasons, in a much worse attacking team. And they are now top EPL strikers a couple years later. And Gyökeres is faster.

Nunez is a choas creater and is perfect for Liverpool. Even then most would say he has been underwhelming.
Also he was just 22 and a lot of room to grow. And he had a better record 26 league goals in 28 games and in general a more unique profile.
So first these two transfers are not comparable (I personally rate Nunez). Also if one transfer does well doesn't mean this would. For every Nunez there are 5/10 flops.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think we have put multiple links out there so we dint get bent over. Good tactic imo.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Justifying why we should go for Gykoeres because he is trending towards the level of Solanke and Toney....

Yes for Arsenal to kick on from challenging for the Premier League and improve, we should target Bournemouth and Brentford level strikers.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Re this discussion, I watched the scouting videos the ArsenalVision guys did on all the forwards we're linked with. Elliot and Clive were both extremely high on Isak as the main target, and they also liked Gyokeres too but they questioned the level he played at.

However, Elliot (predictably) did not like Sesko or Zirkzee, and Clive had a lot of good things to say about Sesko and Zirkzee but seemed to prefer Sesko. I watched the same clips and I felt that Zirkzee definitely comes off as more of a false 9 than the other 3 but I feel he has the ball striking and natural ability that the other 3 don't really have yet and Arteta could work with that a lot. But was funny seeing this discussion on Gyokeres vs Zirkzee on the forum. I think the latter has the higher ceiling.

Rattata

I can't see Zirkzee being our first choice. Arteta and Edu usually go for players that are positionally flexible and Gyökeres fits that profile more since he can actually play on the wing.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom